Recent Topics

Ads

Coordinated Strike

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Re: Coordinated Strike

Post#11 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Secrets wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 pm
Rockalypse wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 pm You can see coordinated strike doublehits (from player) single target here btw, save to assume pet have hitted two times too. (01:40)
https://youtu.be/sJ3O1PIt5aU?t=98

That's... literally what it says in the description though.
You strike your target for {COM_0_VAL0_DAMAGE},
If you are within {COM_2_RADI_FEET} of your pet's target, you will also strike that enemy for {COM_2_VAL0_DAMAGE},
It's supposed to double hit the target your pet currently has if your pet is close to it. Working as intended.

Also, Coordinated Strike got a nerf in the latest update, and you aren't running any crit reduction renown tactics/gear are you? That's probably your issue for being crit so hard from a WL, other than positioning (if you're a rdps and staying in melee range, you deserve to die)

I was not arguing that it should not... On oposite, I posted it to prove that it was working on live in same manner.
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm Unless of course you can prove this wasnt how it functioned on live.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:34 pm

I am sorry, completely my bad. Thought you were disagreeing somehow. I need my coffee.

I just got home and was linked the thread. My apologies!

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Haha, all good.

carmine3161

Post#14 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 pm

My CS hits target dummy for 3k, but target dummy's are not great for actual testing and thats assuming you get 3/4 crits. The pet getting crit chance now will be making the CS combo more bursty.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#15 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm

The class is F*** as F*** just reset that non sense class and start brand new, problem solved and happy days ahead for every1 !

Hey! Pug killer is still going strong, just saying..
]

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 pm

davispeed wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm The class is F*** as F*** just reset that non sense class and start brand new, problem solved and happy days ahead for every1 !

Still dying to WLs as a Zealot I take it?

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#17 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 pm
davispeed wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm The class is F*** as F*** just reset that non sense class and start brand new, problem solved and happy days ahead for every1 !

Still dying to WLs as a Zealot I take it?
lol... i havent died to WL in age.....
Can you guess better Sherlock?
]

Drysill

Post#18 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:54 am

you died in 2 sec and start asking in forums to nerf your enemy? what for? so you die in 3 sec? instead you show numbers from the target dummy.. like WH or slayer will have a different result on a sorc..

you better start using defensive stats, break rotation to detaunt and use defensive skills and play safe from distance..

Ads
Brizio

Post#19 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 am

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm
Brizio wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 pm
Lesnoj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm So WL did 2660 dmg so what ? Sorcs, Magus and Shammys doing the same dmg.

It's 2660 from a lowbie. Azeyune is 84 and hits a bit harder.

Ok, Clawy, it know its hard to see ppl asking for a nerf on the class you play. But we've got to be reasonable here. Coordinated Strike shouln't have 2 strikes from the player and 2 strikes from the pet, as it's not described on the tooltip.

Also, when they made the changes on WL before and the skill was underperforming i also posted here on forum and asked for a a verification. Even got the response from a DEV that is linked below.

But Torque already answered and it's working as intended and we shouldl drop this discussion.
How pet construction, pet abilities and pet contribution stats was working was all wrong up until very recently. They were aligned without knowing the combat formulas using a line of best fit and without knowledge of how the abilities themselves were actually used from within the client. Its pretty complex but relatively simple once in possession of all the facts, its like assembling a jigsaw with all the pieces face down but when you get far enough along you can see what goes where. Now they are correct and will be doing the tooltip damage within a very small margin of error.

Your misunderstanding of the tooltip is at the crux of your issue

You and your War Lion attack as a pack, ravaging your enemies. You strike your target for {COM_0_VAL0_DAMAGE}, and your pet strikes its target for {ABIL_3952_COM_0_VAL0_DAMAGE}. If you are within {COM_2_RADI_FEET} of your pet's target, you will also strike that enemy for {COM_2_VAL0_DAMAGE}, and likewise, if your pet is within {ABIL_3952_COM_2_RADI_FEET} of your target, it will also strike your enemy for {ABIL_3952_COM_2_VAL0_DAMAGE} as well.

It clearly states if you and your pet are attacking different target within X feet then you and your pet will hit each others target. So thats clearly 4 hits, 1 hit from you and 1 hit from your pet on YOUR target and 1 hit from you and 1 hit from your pet on your PETS target. If you and your pet are on the same target, thats where all the hits land. Theres no caveat in the tooltip which says "if you attack the same target as your pet then you only hit once each."

Unless of course you can prove this wasnt how it functioned on live.

Ohhh, my bad. i guess i didnt express myself right. 2 cloned damage hits. The second attack from the player shouldnt be as strong as the first one so shouldnt the pet, or i'm beeing silly? To be honest i dont remember the factor.

Anyway...

Brizio

Post#20 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 am

Rockalypse wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 pm You can see coordinated strike doublehits (from player) single target here btw, save to assume pet have hitted two times too. (01:40)
https://youtu.be/sJ3O1PIt5aU?t=98

389 and 189, both non crit hits. THAT!

:D