[SW] What role do they fill?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Darks63
Posts: 476

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#51 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 pm

anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 pm
DanielWinner wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:28 am
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?

i choose to play the class, not complaining cuz it doesn't have a room in bomb or 6.
I see a lot of ppl want BW with bow, BW with stealth, BW with medium armor and pet, it's so boring.
That's why i pick every battle against 'i'm weak, gimme bomb' topics.
So you agreed that you pick every fight just for the sake of fight and personal sense of what is boring and what’s not. Not balance which must be supported by real game experience of real fights aka evidences and feedback not magical “50:50, orvr is not fair” and other bollocks.
We don’t need such justice and “fun vs boring” warriors here. Come back with any footage or any other evidence to support your opinion. Empty theorycrafting just to fight people will not be welcomed.

and what's your supporting evidence except your own experience?
i'm doing fine so class is fine, win here lose there. to me it's l2p issue.
sw don't need buff, it need nerf at assault tree.
So you dismiss his argument as personal bias while citing your own personal bias to support your argument.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
User avatar
oaliaen
Posts: 530

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#52 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:45 am

Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm
this happened to me in Tor Anroc...maybe cheat ?
Maybe you just build too squishy and don't detaunt? Naw, other guy is probably cheating YOU can't be the problem.
10k wounds squishy ? You funny :mrgreen:
ImageImage

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#53 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:51 am

oaliaen wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:45 am
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm
this happened to me in Tor Anroc...maybe cheat ?
Maybe you just build too squishy and don't detaunt? Naw, other guy is probably cheating YOU can't be the problem.
10k wounds squishy ? You funny :mrgreen:
10k wounds, how much armor and hard avoidance? Are you in red as a Choppa because then thats effectively 6.7k wounds which is low. Where was your guard? Where was your pocket healer? Why didn't you detaunt? Why didn't you Pot? Lot's of things that you could've done to not get global'd; let's not call someone a cheater because they can kill someone who misplayed.
<Montague><Capulet>

anarchypark
Posts: 1261

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#54 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:43 am

Darks63 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 pm
DanielWinner wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:28 am


So you agreed that you pick every fight just for the sake of fight and personal sense of what is boring and what’s not. Not balance which must be supported by real game experience of real fights aka evidences and feedback not magical “50:50, orvr is not fair” and other bollocks.
We don’t need such justice and “fun vs boring” warriors here. Come back with any footage or any other evidence to support your opinion. Empty theorycrafting just to fight people will not be welcomed.

and what's your supporting evidence except your own experience?
i'm doing fine so class is fine, win here lose there. to me it's l2p issue.
sw don't need buff, it need nerf at assault tree.
So you dismiss his argument as personal bias while citing your own personal bias to support your argument.

i saw 'SW sux because i'm sux' posts, so i responded it with 'it's ok because i'm ok'.
now they demand evidences. it's on career builder.
to them, maybe 1on1 is bow each other and exchange blows kindly.
i put arrows in backhead of half injured foe and call it 1on1, maybe i'm wrong.
anyway balance forum is there, feel free to go with evidences. i'll follow u guys.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze4, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

User avatar
Xergon
Posts: 449

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#55 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am

Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:22 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Spoiler:
No tactic gives you damage and crit.

But if you take away Shadow Step (which is undeniably too strong, but super fun) then you need to augment Swift Strikes into additionally adding snare removal component or else ASW is entirely nonviable besides anything than an armor boost.
Merciless Soldier ?
Gives you 50% critical damage bonus on most abilities. Unless you’re trying to connect that to the 25% for Draw Blood and Swift Strikes; which would just be silly since they do not benefit from the bonus critical damage. And I’m sure you’re not that silly, right?
Do you ? If that is not benefiting from crit then idk what you call benefiting from crit...
Image
Image
Spoiler:
WH: Xergon RR 80+ WP: Xergod RR 66+ KotBS: Xergov RR 78+ BW: Xergof RR 50+
SW: Xergos RR 55+ SM: Xergom RR 44+ AM: Xergoam RR 57+
ENG: Xergok RR 38+ RP: Xergot RR 56+ SL: Xergor RR 20+

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#56 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:38 am

Xergon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:22 pm


Merciless Soldier ?
Gives you 50% critical damage bonus on most abilities. Unless you’re trying to connect that to the 25% for Draw Blood and Swift Strikes; which would just be silly since they do not benefit from the bonus critical damage. And I’m sure you’re not that silly, right?
Do you ? If that is not benefiting from crit then idk what you call benefiting from crit...
Image
That screenshot proves my point? Merc's crit damage bonus only applies to: Grim Slash, BA, Exploit Weakness, Crosscut, Sweeping Slash, Counterstrike, and Opportunistic strike. NO ABILITY GETS THE BONUS DAMAGE AND BONUS CRIT CHANCE.

Come on man. at least do math to make sure you're not making yourself look silly: crit multiplier is 1.35-1.55; that means with MS being applied is at minimum 1.85 multiplier. Your SS has Draw Blood using a 1.45 multiplier.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Xergon
Posts: 449

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#57 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am

Manatikik wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:38 am
Xergon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm


Gives you 50% critical damage bonus on most abilities. Unless you’re trying to connect that to the 25% for Draw Blood and Swift Strikes; which would just be silly since they do not benefit from the bonus critical damage. And I’m sure you’re not that silly, right?
Do you ? If that is not benefiting from crit then idk what you call benefiting from crit...
Image
That screenshot proves my point? Merc's crit damage bonus only applies to: Grim Slash, BA, Exploit Weakness, Crosscut, Sweeping Slash, Counterstrike, and Opportunistic strike. NO ABILITY GETS THE BONUS DAMAGE AND BONUS CRIT CHANCE.

Come on man. at least do math to make sure you're not making yourself look silly: crit multiplier is 1.35-1.55; that means with MS being applied is at minimum 1.85 multiplier. Your SS has Draw Blood using a 1.45 multiplier.
I didnt use Merciless tactic on that screenshot, i posted screenshot of ability benefiting from crit damage, cmon man, dont be silly.
So this tactic gives bonus crit dmg to all abilities u mentioned about + 25% crit chance because why not for DrawBlood and SS.
Image
Spoiler:
WH: Xergon RR 80+ WP: Xergod RR 66+ KotBS: Xergov RR 78+ BW: Xergof RR 50+
SW: Xergos RR 55+ SM: Xergom RR 44+ AM: Xergoam RR 57+
ENG: Xergok RR 38+ RP: Xergot RR 56+ SL: Xergor RR 20+

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#58 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 am

Xergon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am
Manatikik wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:38 am
Xergon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am


Do you ? If that is not benefiting from crit then idk what you call benefiting from crit...
Image
That screenshot proves my point? Merc's crit damage bonus only applies to: Grim Slash, BA, Exploit Weakness, Crosscut, Sweeping Slash, Counterstrike, and Opportunistic strike. NO ABILITY GETS THE BONUS DAMAGE AND BONUS CRIT CHANCE.

Come on man. at least do math to make sure you're not making yourself look silly: crit multiplier is 1.35-1.55; that means with MS being applied is at minimum 1.85 multiplier. Your SS has Draw Blood using a 1.45 multiplier.
I didnt use Merciless tactic on that screenshot, i posted screenshot of ability benefiting from crit damage, cmon man, dont be silly.
So this tactic gives bonus crit dmg to all abilities u mentioned about + 25% crit chance because why not for DrawBlood and SS.
Think you're missing a couple words in the last sentence and your entire point got left out. Perhaps we're having a breakdown in communication about the point of our individual posts. My initial point was its disingenuous to say SW have a double pronged tactic for Critical Chance and Critical damage because the bonus damage does not affect the two abilities that get the bonus critical chance.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
User avatar
saupreusse
Posts: 1867

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#59 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 am

anarchypark wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:43 am
Darks63 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 pm



and what's your supporting evidence except your own experience?
i'm doing fine so class is fine, win here lose there. to me it's l2p issue.
sw don't need buff, it need nerf at assault tree.
So you dismiss his argument as personal bias while citing your own personal bias to support your argument.

i saw 'SW sux because i'm sux' posts, so i responded it with 'it's ok because i'm ok'.
now they demand evidences. it's on career builder.
to them, maybe 1on1 is bow each other and exchange blows kindly.
i put arrows in backhead of half injured foe and call it 1on1, maybe i'm wrong.
anyway balance forum is there, feel free to go with evidences. i'll follow u guys.
Nah man rsw is fine if youre playing the friendly pug skirmishes. Youll do an awesome job in hunting down solo squishies as long as they are unaware and you can catch them by surprise or if youre just helping to lock down targets in skirmishes. However, thats about it. For the more serious gameplay rsw simply dossnt bring much to the table (except some kite grps maybe, but even bw can kite if played well). Its just that the class feels horribly gutted after the nerfs to its aoe dmg, the nerfs to its single target dmg (fa and rkd) and the nerfs to its grp utility (crit tactic). Also the class has had useless tactics and abilities even before the nerfs (steady aim and split arrows comes to mind). With the huge buffs to engi and the overall superiority dmg wise on bw, theres just no role to fill for sw anymore.

User avatar
DanielWinner
Community Manager
Posts: 706
Contact:

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#60 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am

saupreusse wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 am
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:43 am
Darks63 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Spoiler:
So you dismiss his argument as personal bias while citing your own personal bias to support your argument.
:evil:

i saw 'SW sux because i'm sux' posts, so i responded it with 'it's ok because i'm ok'.
now they demand evidences. it's on career builder.
to them, maybe 1on1 is bow each other and exchange blows kindly.
i put arrows in backhead of half injured foe and call it 1on1, maybe i'm wrong.
anyway balance forum is there, feel free to go with evidences. i'll follow u guys.
Nah man rsw is fine if youre playing the friendly pug skirmishes. Youll do an awesome job in hunting down solo squishies as long as they are unaware and you can catch them by surprise or if youre just helping to lock down targets in skirmishes. However, thats about it. For the more serious gameplay rsw simply dossnt bring much to the table (except some kite grps maybe, but even bw can kite if played well). Its just that the class feels horribly gutted after the nerfs to its aoe dmg, the nerfs to its single target dmg (fa and rkd) and the nerfs to its grp utility (crit tactic). Also the class has had useless tactics and abilities even before the nerfs (steady aim and split arrows comes to mind). With the huge buffs to engi and the overall superiority dmg wise on bw, theres just no role to fill for sw anymore.
You are beating a dead horse here.
Spoiler:
The guy measures his performance by an ability to leech and kill struggles which couldn’t find their own ass with both hands. I bet, he could even find LA spam and moral dumping being “fun”.
Such people hardly ever performed in anything like serious organized warband where builds and classes mattered and never queued for any Caledor/Isha without being slaughtered immediately. Their best play is pugging in random WB killing 31+ levels or capping flags in SCs killing the same people.
When your average game knowledge is that poor so you can’t measure performance appropriately, there is literally nothing to discuss.
This colour is always used for moderation and opinion of the team.

Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest