[SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
velenne

Re: [SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Post#31 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Curious what all the SW haters in this thread think of the class now, after the rebalance.

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 pm

velenne wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm Curious what all the SW haters in this thread think of the class now, after the rebalance.
kill them on sight and make there class choice so sad that they stop playing.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

jvlosky

Post#33 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am Your build is to reroll White Lion or Slayer. No, I'm not joking. SW and WH are gimped in multiple ways and Slayer/White Lion are just a billion times better in every single way.

If you INSIST on playing a shitty, underpowered class, then your only option is Assault. Both ranged specs are completely useless. Unfortunately, you're too low level to actually do it, but when you get to 40/40, here's a pretty standard Assault build: 40/40 SW

When you get higher gear with more ballistic skill, swap out masterful aim for wrist slash.
In case it isn't obvious, Assault is melee.

For renown, dump every single renown point you get into Futile Blows until it's maxed. Then do +ballistic skill, I forget the name. Prioritize ballistic skill in gearing; put an armor talisman in every single open spot of your gear, and chug the 0 skill required 880 armor pot+80 ballistic skill pot.

Don't let shadow sting fall off the target. Shoot broadhead while approaching, then draw blood, then knockdown, and spam the **** out of brutal assault. Use Vengeance regularly.

Finally, do not bother trying to play Scout or Skirmish.

Or you can roll Slayer or White Lion and not rely on gimmicks and do 3 times the damage with more utility, more tools, and easier gameplay.

This is accurate

Mystry
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:16 pm

jvlosky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:16 pm This is accurate
Actually no it's not.
With the recent changes to SW, SW now has an at least semi-viable scout build. Unsure about skirmish at this time.
That may change since I've heard they are going to nerf Glass Arrow, or it's bugged or something.

Granted that I've only played around with the new scout stuff for a little while, but it seems like the idea is to vengeance, then festering arrow, followed by a quick KD to prevent reactions, followed by rapid fire and then fell the weak once they get low. This can usually annihilate soft targets if they aren't guarded.

orillah
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:47 pm

After todays "hotfix" everything is pretty much back where it was before "rework". Only viable build is still Assault.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:54 pm

I see no patch notes or announcement of a hotfix on the forums.

orillah
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Hotfix #2 Right on the main page.