Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Healing spec performance

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TifusWanderer

[AM] Healing spec performance

Post#1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:43 pm

So, I understand that pure healing AM is worse than WP or RP, but how much? Thinking about leveling one, because I generally love high elf thematic, but afraid that I’ll be useless in premade warbands and scene groups due to lack of survivability and sustain utility during damage spikes. Target healing is great but only if you're standing still and using boon of hysh with very long cast, what makes you very vulnerably. Also squishes can easily die before you finish your cast. Idk, all this idea of kiting enemies is great, but i think this doesn't work against expierenced players, you will be simply pulled and knocked down/heal debuffed and then focused in seconds. Any ideas about that? Can AM bring some unique utility compared to other healers? Is it worth playing it?
Luevar, RR7x SM

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: [AM] Healing spec performance

Post#2 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm

AM isnt that far behind. For Warband play just go Energy of Vaul. It can heal for a lot. If possible, have a Sword Master in your group for Whispering Wind to spam it.
In Scenario/smallscale you are slightly inferior, cause your CC (except for mistress of march) is somewhat unreliable.

There were some major changes to RP and WP recently. Depending on how they process (RP seems very OP, WP one seems somewhat gutted one day after implementation), AM might be a bit lacking behind. Before the changes, AM was viable and its the most fun of the healer classes, i would say.

Balancing in general is somewhat arbitrary here, so you might see some improvements or nerfs to AM in future (CC strikethrough bonus would be nice).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

uanaka

Post#3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Arbich wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm AM isnt that far behind. For Warband play just go Energy of Vaul. It can heal for a lot. If possible, have a Sword Master in your group for Whispering Wind to spam it.
In Scenario/smallscale you are slightly inferior, cause your CC (except for mistress of march) is somewhat unreliable.

There were some major changes to RP and WP recently. Depending on how they process (RP seems very OP, WP one seems somewhat gutted one day after implementation), AM might be a bit lacking behind. Before the changes, AM was viable and its the most fun of the healer classes, i would say.

Balancing in general is somewhat arbitrary here, so you might see some improvements or nerfs to AM in future (CC strikethrough bonus would be nice).
There were some issues with absorb and damage mitigation on day one that was affecting it. It's since been hotfixed and heal values are looking much better now. I've been testing of gear sets an d renown builds, ranging from full on toughness with sentinel set to full on damage with str stacking from dps sets, and i've seen improved numbers from across the board.

Only reason why some people might be thinking it's a nerf is that they're wearing their willpower/salvation gear or their strength/offensive stats are getting debuffed (which is what sigmar radiance primarily relies on now).

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:50 pm

The healing is fine. Its the lack of mobility and heals when kiting that are an issue. This wasnt much of a problem on live as des didnt have a mobile mdps class like order. AM desperately needs the shamans speed proc and detaunt tactics now that des have the most mobile mdps.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#5 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Healing seems quite all right to me, the class is major fun to play. The AoE heal crits reliably for 2.4k every 2.5 secs as a fresh 40, it's really nice.

The main issues I have is that I'm by far the squishiest target on the block, by a long mile. It may be that my overall gear is rather bad compared to full invader or other city gear sets, but it seems to be the case that we lack the survival tools or toughness to survive long enough from any destro damage.

It becomes amazing with guard, you can AoE detaunt and 10 of them won't be able to put down your funnel essence even with garbage gear - but truth of it, you won't get it. I don't get it because it's better used on our BWs or slayers, so the only survival option is to stick very carefully right in the middle of the backline. Even then, all destro players know which one is the squishy healer, I can confirm 100%.

I think the class mechanic needs a defensive overhaul, not even a healing output or damage increase, and it might be even more needed in my opinion if the game gets better weapons or higher sources of damage incoming with future patches.

At least I look cooler than everyone else, no matter how much they're dying their awful classes.

Serilian

Post#6 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:15 pm

I tried a few different classes and for the moment AM is the most fun I had so far. Ye it’s squishier than WP but had at least a few occasions when insta rez helped us win a fight and you get quite fun direct heals which can save someone from sudden death. I’m in T3 currently and most of the times outhealing WPs or RPs in scs - but to be fair t2- t3 scs are not really balanced and plenty of healer classes still like to dos at least a bit, so if you’ll focus on healing you will do just fine. CC and interrupts are your nemesis so need to avoid getting Afro as much as possible😉

Nosun

Post#7 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:14 pm

i feel AM healing is not really far behind the other two at all the main problem i seem to have compared to WP and RP is that i am a lot more squishy so in tight quarters this can really hurt you. I am overall happy with my AM for healing but i am not a try hard who has to play the meta as i play for fun and the nice part about playing an AM is that u can switch it up and play as dps if you want and you are much better off than a WP or RP trying to do this.