Recent Topics

Ads

[SM]Differences betweem BO & SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mekal

Re: [SM]Differences betweem BO & SW

Post#11 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Noslock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:25 pm 2h is not very effective until you have decent gear so i would go s/b and start gettin used to be part of a wb as a tank.As for the build if its the bo one you are lookin for there are plenty of threads with the build to aim for
Depends on how you want to level do you

1. Play SC while doing pve inbetween pops (fastest route) - 2h is king while leveling in this mode you can easily be top dps and offer highest protection

2. Rvr - you'll be stuck as snb following the group hoping that they dont suck

Ads
Noslock

Post#12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:16 pm

2h may be king in sc if you have the gear for it.I would go s/b and leech anything i can from open rvr wb while doin some sc as s/b.Ofc its boring doin sc as s/b and not as effective as 2h (if geared).Honestly i wont even bother goin 2h until i reach rr60 with minimum dominator set.And thats a minimum requirement to be at least useful and dont drop in 2 shots.2h shines once you have access to bloodlord set and you are rr70 but ofc anyone is free to try any spec and gear and see how it goes.

Rekoom

Post#13 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 am

I would agree you definitely need some gear for 2 handed to be worth it. Imo the benefit of 2handed BO over SM is the spammable AOE stat steal on Da Big Un. When it comes to ST damage or sustain I would imagine SM fares better.

Bloodlord is a minimum indeed but even then the set has very low toughness on it, I used to mix it with Invader for the wounds and toughness bonuses.

Iwent for 2 handed set as my first sov as I do enjoy having the option to go 2 handed while being tanky and Invader is still ok for SnB but the SnB spec on BO is vastly superior to the 2 handed one (morale pump and Can't HIt Me mainly).
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Jabba

Post#14 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

BO hits squishies harder than sm.
SM does more damage to things that aren't squishy.
Overall, SM probably comes out top.

Utility, not sure there's a huge amount in it if they're both 2h specced, but BO probably comes out ahead.

Survival, BO probably has a bit more 'passive' survivability as you have more wounds and you wot?! Is a great defensive skil that you'll be popping anyway with the intent to do damage.
SM has better survival if all you're focusing on at one time is survivng due to wall of darting steel. This obviously prevents you from doing anything else until you stop channelling though.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

wpc56
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:07 pm

BO is by far better than SM on this server because "you wot" ability

BO already crits harder because they have racial tactic "stab you gooder" (and now with Sov bonus) and they a customed ability from "you wot". @66% uptime, BO hits 10% harder and have 30% more armor/resist and 15% more defense

There is a reason why my merc geared BO crit and hits harder than my SM with BS gear/sword

But SM hits harder against non-squishy... you mean tanks? SM hits harder on tanks while BO hits harder on everything else like mdps/rdps/heal/mheal... oh okay.

When defensive, sword and board BO take "you wot" you know that's an op ability and dev has done something wrong.

Before dest fan boys say, oh SM have wall of darting steel, SM has never killed anyone with "WoDS" but plenty of order players have been killed under "you wot" being active. SM isn't hitting you while using WoDS, Borc can fire "you wot" off and hit you or channel "can't hit me" or just afk because it's a fire and forget ability that requires zero skill and an ability that's BOTH an offensive and defensive buff... at the huge cost of... moving slower for 10 seconds after...

mekal

Post#16 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 am

Noslock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:16 pm 2h may be king in sc if you have the gear for it.I would go s/b and leech anything i can from open rvr wb while doin some sc as s/b.Ofc its boring doin sc as s/b and not as effective as 2h (if geared).Honestly i wont even bother goin 2h until i reach rr60 with minimum dominator set.And thats a minimum requirement to be at least useful and dont drop in 2 shots.2h shines once you have access to bloodlord set and you are rr70 but ofc anyone is free to try any spec and gear and see how it goes.
2h only needs gear/rr once you hit 40 while leveling sc gear and rr at least equal to your cr is more than enough

leonardolg93
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm

dont get baited, 2h sm is the worts tank of all the game.
he has only decent damage and it dosent offer anyting to you and to your party.
as snb tank is fine and situational, in city and in an organized wb whit discord shine because of his aoe interrupt that could destroy destros melee trains.
in orvr or forts he does its job but other tanks are better than him.

Noslock

Post#18 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm

wpc56 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:07 pm BO is by far better than SM on this server because "you wot" ability

BO already crits harder because they have racial tactic "stab you gooder" (and now with Sov bonus) and they a customed ability from "you wot". @66% uptime, BO hits 10% harder and have 30% more armor/resist and 15% more defense

There is a reason why my merc geared BO crit and hits harder than my SM with BS gear/sword

But SM hits harder against non-squishy... you mean tanks? SM hits harder on tanks while BO hits harder on everything else like mdps/rdps/heal/mheal... oh okay.

When defensive, sword and board BO take "you wot" you know that's an op ability and dev has done something wrong.

Before dest fan boys say, oh SM have wall of darting steel, SM has never killed anyone with "WoDS" but plenty of order players have been killed under "you wot" being active. SM isn't hitting you while using WoDS, Borc can fire "you wot" off and hit you or channel "can't hit me" or just afk because it's a fire and forget ability that requires zero skill and an ability that's BOTH an offensive and defensive buff... at the huge cost of... moving slower for 10 seconds after...
Unless you go for some solo troll build , as s/b by takin uwot u r basically sacrificing something else.If you are a s/b in a party you dont need uwot to survive and your damage will be laughable even with uwot up.At rr70 unless you go for some +2 from sov set bonus u will be able to get uwot and waaagh+tactic but you give away the absorb spam (useful to speed up rotation) the kd, and givin also away chm for when **** hit the fan and the +block tactic.U wot on s/b wont kill **** considering that offensive s/b bo is gimped since thc has been tied to 2h ,yes you are going to last a little longer and could work for some sort of solo regen s/b build .I mean you could go offensive s/b wearing some offensive set but that will work only for some solo shenanigans (and even then i rather go defensive 2h for solo) .If u go s/b u will 90% of time go for party utility with mid and right tree.
Uwot on 2h is another story ofc.

Ads
wpc56
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Noslock wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm
wpc56 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:07 pm BO is by far better than SM on this server because "you wot" ability

Unless you go for some solo troll build , as s/b by takin uwot u r basically sacrificing something else.If you are a s/b in a party you dont need uwot to survive and your damage will be laughable even with uwot up.At rr70 unless you go for some +2 from sov set bonus u will be able to get uwot and waaagh+tactic but you give away the absorb spam (useful to speed up rotation) the kd, and givin also away chm for when **** hit the fan and the +block tactic.U wot on s/b wont kill **** considering that offensive s/b bo is gimped since thc has been tied to 2h ,yes you are going to last a little longer and could work for some sort of solo regen s/b build .I mean you could go offensive s/b wearing some offensive set but that will work only for some solo shenanigans (and even then i rather go defensive 2h for solo) .If u go s/b u will 90% of time go for party utility with mid and right tree.
Uwot on 2h is another story ofc.
Uwot is far better in fort pushing, CD cooldown doesn't matter that much when you need to be tough and get across the tunnel point, there are other use case (ie. uwot + can't hit me) such as dislodging a defensive Borc off a flag or defensive fight on City flag during a stalemate

On the other hand, SM doesn't have the same option, that's the whole point I'm trying to make. If the complaint is Borc doesn't have a WoDS, then give them a defensive skill but not a defensive AND a offensive ability combined.

You wot should either be a defensive skill OR an offensive skill, but not BOTH.

Vri

Post#20 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 pm

BO SnB is very fun. I can not say enough about the class and career, it wonderful.