Recent Topics

Ads

AM city heal and dps

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vizio

AM city heal and dps

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:43 am

My AM is not my main and I just finished a city scenario with another AM that I will not name. Unfortunately this AM logged off before I could ask them a question. This AM did an amazing amount of both healing and dps. I was just under this person with heals, but I am specd in Isha tree line and just heal yet this person out healed me and came in third under two WP's and the dps was really high, wish I had taken a screenshot. So I wonder if I am playing the healing class wrong or just not using the right mechanics? Is it possible this person was specd heavily into the Vaul tree line? Anyone with some possible insights on this would be greatly appreciated. Always looking to improve my game play. Thank you.

Ads
Fey

Re: AM city heal and dps

Post#2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:18 am

That AM was using Energy of Vaul spec. That's great if you have the gear and positioning knowhow. Still there's nothing wrong with Isha spec, it's straightforward and effective.

Healing/prot numbers dont tell the whole story. Just do your thing and ignore the score. Also ignore all of the try hard self-important AM mains here on the boards.

If you're relegated to moral pump in city take it and be happy. In that case utilize your utility. Puddle can seriously nerf the dps output of the train, your AP drain can seriously nerf the dps of an aoe sorc. This wont show up as anything in the score, but is critically important.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

cimator

Post#3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 am

Dont ignore the scoreboard or other players that you think are doing great, ask them how they are doing those heals, you'll learn something new and thats how ppl improve.

And I gotta disagree with Fey here, Isha tree alone is a bad spec, you have to take Energy of Vaul no matter what, thats your core healing ability as an AM/Shaman. and then go Isha tree, take the ground snare, and if you are rr70, you can ignore magical infusion and take funnel essence aswell.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am

My guess is that they throw around dot heals to get their healing up.

Chisakilla

Post#5 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

For EoV Build do i need heal equip or int equip?

zumos2

Post#6 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Chisakilla wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm For EoV Build do i need heal equip or int equip?
Healing gear still
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen