Recent Topics

Ads

Feinted Positioning

Let's talk about... everything else
Annaise16

Re: Feinted Positioning

Post#51 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 am

Mez wrote:https://youtu.be/buzUA72a-qk?t=48s

This was from live. At 0:48 seconds if you pause the buffs, you'll see the WH popped feinted positioning. You'll also see me not-get-snared twice before the buff expires.

I love this video so much. I was getting trolled for being a sorc in TM region chat saying I couldn't kill without a zerg, and I'm like training these kids solo. Aaah, I miss WAR so much. 8-)
Yep. Snap Shot hit twice for damage while FP was active and the Snap Shot snare debuff icon did not appear either time. So the snare did not benefit from FP.

Ads
Azarael

Post#52 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Behold, the exact reason why I'm not listening without proof, which has now been supplied.

Thank you.

Bretin

Post#53 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm

why do ppl complain so much about this ****? :D
when a we/wh has the chance to open on a target it should be dead. in 95% of the cases you dont even need the stun^^

Annaise16

Post#54 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Chaoself wrote:when aoe snare + selfpunt will be fixed? if you had antisnare/antiroot it would not trigger. mostly of players still abusing of those bugs (it triggers also with mara/wl root m1)
This is the real issue. Having the self-punt ignore cc-immunities (snare immunity and/or Resolute Defence) completely changes the dynamic of the mdps versus SW/SH fight. This is especially the case for WH/WEs because they don't have the mobility options of the other mdps classes.

Replacing the SW/SH root with the self-punt/snare was a buff for the SW/SH in that it enabled them to simultaneously dps and slow their target to open up a gap. This was better than the root which would break on damage.

However, the original dynamic was that a mdps who pre-emptively used their cc-immunities to evade the root could stay in melee range unless the SW/SH used Flee. If a SW/Sh used Flee, a chase would ensue with the outcome uncertain because, if the rdps was still alive at the end of the Flee duration, they would have the advantage of having their snare (and kd for SW) while the mdps' immunities were on cd.

Having pre-emptive use of the mdps' cc-immunities negate the self-punt maintained this dynamic and, for this reason, I'm pretty sure that is was an intentional aspect of the game and not a bug.

Atropik

Post#55 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Annaise16 wrote: Having pre-emptive use of the mdps' cc-immunities negate the self-punt maintained this dynamic and, for this reason, I'm pretty sure that is was an intentional aspect of the game and not a bug.
This.

Lets drop SW population to 0 :D
Nicelook | Obey

talissera

Post#56 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Bretin wrote:why do ppl complain so much about this ****? :D
when a we/wh has the chance to open on a target it should be dead. in 95% of the cases you dont even need the stun^^
.. and SH jumps away with snare. And run. We use CC breaker and try to catch him. Distance smth about 30 ft already. SH use his stream of arrows and his squig. We try to ensnare him with the Snapshot.. but snapshot can be dodged or RUN AWAY is activated. At this time he has 30% increasing speed. We still use 40% ensnare. 10% speed difference with 30-40 ft.. a little bit hard. And very often snare doesn't work because of server lag, still SH has his RUN AWAY again. We still be damaged. Oh, we are dead.
Запаснаго плана нѣтъ - на всѣ Господня воля.
Мой запасный планъ - русскій авось, кокаинъ и пистоли.

Talissera 40/42 Sorceress
Valeska 38/40 Witch Hunter
Dominica 29/27 Orthodox WarPope

Azarael

Post#57 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

You already know that Whirling Pin and Sticky Squigz don't work as intended so please don't play that card, thanks.

Annaise16

Post#58 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Atropik wrote:
Annaise16 wrote: Having pre-emptive use of the mdps' cc-immunities negate the self-punt maintained this dynamic and, for this reason, I'm pretty sure that is was an intentional aspect of the game and not a bug.
This.

Lets drop SW population to 0 :D

You seemed to have missed reading the paragraph before the one you quoted.

The SW always had the option to Flee to create a gap, especially against WEs. (Against other mdps they had the chance to start the fight at range because a choppa and marauder can't sneak up on a SW if the SW is paying attention.) The 10-second Flee duration is exactly the same as all of the cc-immunities. Do you think there might have been a reason for that?

Just because 99% of the population never uses an option, it doesn't mean that the option doesn't exist.

Ads
Bretin

Post#59 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:23 pm

talissera wrote:
Bretin wrote:why do ppl complain so much about this ****? :D
.. and SH jumps away with snare. And run. We use CC breaker and try to catch him. Distance smth about 30 ft already. SH use his stream of arrows and his squig. We try to ensnare him with the Snapshot.. but snapshot can be dodged or RUN AWAY is activated. At this time he has 30% increasing speed. We still use 40% ensnare. 10% speed difference with 30-40 ft.. a little bit hard. And very often snare doesn't work because of server lag, still SH has his RUN AWAY again. We still be damaged. Oh, we are dead.
and in the whole scenario you have mentioned, the wh was outside of his stealth, forgot about his surprise effect and the 1-2 gcd he will be ahead and ofc the player is not able to move more than 1 finger at the same time.

in a scenario where the squig herder knows there is a wh coming for him the wh is not able to win but then again we dont balance around 1vs1. if you got the opener and the surprise moment in orvr and the sh manages to outplay you, you are just bad and it is clearly a l2p issue... god i missed that term so much :^)
Last edited by Bretin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atropik

Post#60 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Annaise16 wrote: You seemed to have missed reading the paragraph before the one you quoted.

That was just irony, I've read everything, and I have the same opinion.
Azarael wrote:You already know that Whirling Pin and Sticky Squigz don't work as intended so please don't play that card, thanks.
So, will it be fixed?
Nicelook | Obey