Conditions for a Keep Reset

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: Conditions for a Keep Reset

Post#11 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 am

Rubius wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 am
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 pm
Rubius wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am I first updated that Wiki page a couple years ago, and it looks like a couple bits may be off -- I've updated the page, and here's my understanding on how this all works:

- Supplies are the key thing you want in order to avoid a reset as you push your keeps up to the next rank.

- The Battlefield Objectives do matter, but it's not an instant reset if you lose all four. It's still possible for a realm to temporarily lose all BO's but turn in existing supplies, then reclaim a couple objectives and get the supplies rolling back in again.

Hope this helps!
It does help, but the real question in how long do they have to before it resets. In game it seems extremely variable. Is it no bo's controlled and no boxes delivered for 1 min or what. I think that is the question. Also, why does sometimes it seems a keep will start with 1 star at unlock, but at other times they are both at 0 stars.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.
I don't have full details on all of these, but I can answer the "starting with 1 star" question --

When you capture a zone and push the RvR Lake to another tier (Example: Taking Avelorn/Saphery and pushing the RvR fight to Dragonwake) -- then the realm that captured the last zone will get a free 1-star as they begin the T4 pairings.
thanks!
-= Agony =-

Ads
Phantasm

Post#12 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:59 pm

Spoiler:
Rubius wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 am
Akalukz wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 pm
Rubius wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am I first updated that Wiki page a couple years ago, and it looks like a couple bits may be off -- I've updated the page, and here's my understanding on how this all works:

- Supplies are the key thing you want in order to avoid a reset as you push your keeps up to the next rank.

- The Battlefield Objectives do matter, but it's not an instant reset if you lose all four. It's still possible for a realm to temporarily lose all BO's but turn in existing supplies, then reclaim a couple objectives and get the supplies rolling back in again.

Hope this helps!
It does help, but the real question in how long do they have to before it resets. In game it seems extremely variable. Is it no bo's controlled and no boxes delivered for 1 min or what. I think that is the question. Also, why does sometimes it seems a keep will start with 1 star at unlock, but at other times they are both at 0 stars.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.
I don't have full details on all of these, but I can answer the "starting with 1 star" question --

When you capture a zone and push the RvR Lake to another tier (Example: Taking Avelorn/Saphery and pushing the RvR fight to Dragonwake) -- then the realm that captured the last zone will get a free 1-star as they begin the T4 pairings.
I dont think that extra star on advancing to T4 zone works. Today destro took BFP/Badlands keep and there was 0-0 on TM after zone lock. Well, maybe it works for order only tho :)

Ysaran

Post#13 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:01 am

Isn't it funny that we all play a game 15 years old and no one still knows the game mechanics?
Zputadenti

Akalukz

Post#14 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:15 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:01 am Isn't it funny that we all play a game 15 years old and no one still knows the game mechanics?
Honestly, it seemingly never functions the same way lol
-= Agony =-