Recent Topics

Ads

Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Let's talk about... everything else
Roids

Post#1 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 pm

This is meant sarcastically.
Can we please finally have barriers in every warcamp so that players can no longer simply run back to safety if they are farmed by the enemy side. Once you get into the PvP area you can either die or go /afk, but people should get a quitter debuff like in SCs.
It would help the players enormously, since it can't be that the dominant side is standing in front of the war camp and can't kill everyone. The second thing would be that any possibility of a comback is excluded, since no one can really collect themselves anymore, everyone who goes out is killed immediately. This would increase the fun of the dominant side enormously and create a healthy climate.
If you're against it, you have more exits from the war camp, so individual players or groups can sneak out and survive for a minute before they are destroyed, so everything is balanced.

All joking aside, you should really start thinking about SCs, that's still the main reason why most people quit and all you've done is make it worse with the new SCs and barriers. War camps and spawn points are safe zones in almost all games that are intended to provide a comeback opportunity, where people can gather and at least compete against the other team there.
I really don't know who came up with it and for what reason, but it wasn't a PvP player with experience.
If you're dealing with 6v6 and ranked then it's even more laughable if the other team gives up or is pushed back, they just sit in Warcamp for a short time and the other team just does the SC goals.
If someone really means to farm the spawn point and die from guards etc. then they don't deserve it any other way.

I love PvP and the type of games more than anything, I've only played 3 games in over 20 years, DAoC, Warhammer, SWToR and now Warhammer again. What I really hate are unfair conditions like no healers against 4+ etc., if there are things like barriers and different spawn points, I'd rather go /afk straight away. Nothing against the player base, but most of them just rush into everything, as a healer in the biggest Meeleblob, run solo without gathering, etc. and then there's the nonsense that you almost can't rally anymore.

Just my Thoughts tho, wont change anything anyway, but dont always wanna flame ingame chat and make one official flame here in the forum.

Ads
Nameless

Re: Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Post#2 » Fri May 24, 2024 3:42 pm

On some scens with barriers you aslo got random wc spawns so ppl are even more scattered around and comeback is almost impossible.

Bring free way back to wc and guard kills giving renown. The dominant fraction have a choice to camp wc and risk being killed by guards or do the scen objective and win the sc.

Sounds fair and give some chance for underwhelming realm to put some fight.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Lion1986

Post#3 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:10 pm

or simply give the pèossibility to farm their warcamp directly and, if killing a zone master in the main WC in area, the zone lock immediately in favour of dominating faction without make zones last 8+ hours
My new Healer's UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=53304
Check out my UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=48165

nebelwerfer

Post#4 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:50 pm

Ah yes the kite comp should obviously have a safe haven to retreat to everytime they get pushed by melee comp. That would be more fair and balanced. This was also sarcasm

Nameless

Post#5 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:19 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:50 pm Ah yes the kite comp should obviously have a safe haven to retreat to everytime they get pushed by melee comp. That would be more fair and balanced. This was also sarcasm
if they fall back to wc the melee comp could just win the scen by doing the objectives. Sounds ridicules isnt it, winning by doing what you should do....

p.s. Whining about kite comp when the meta is soooooo melee friendly is kinda odd
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Fey

Post#6 » Sat May 25, 2024 2:17 am

I agree with OP pretty strongly on this. Scenarios are essential to maintaining the casual player base. Remove the barriers, all of them. Add a roaming guard with a specific class archetype. Namely that roaming guard doesn't cast terminate, but rather it's own set of class specific abilities. Random champions now hit pretty hard given that they use actual abilities. Give renown from guard kills.

I believe this is the biggest issue with scenarios at the moment.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

shoelessHN

Post#7 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am

The biggest issue with scs is the killboard and people thinking their k/d matters. T4 scenarios have been joke for over a year.

They're occasionally okay when its 18v18 or 24v24 as more random fighting happens and it doesn't end in a 12/0 kills 11 min surrender.

Lion1986

Post#8 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:41 am

shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am T4 scenarios have been joke since ever.
corrected for you sir =)
My new Healer's UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=53304
Check out my UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=48165

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:11 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:41 am
shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am T4 scenarios have been joke since ever.
corrected for you sir =)
Nah they were much much better years ago before the kill board. People just fought and there was far less hiding in spawns waiting to surrender.

Roids

Post#10 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:12 am

shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am The biggest issue with scs is the killboard and people thinking their k/d matters. T4 scenarios have been joke for over a year.

They're occasionally okay when its 18v18 or 24v24 as more random fighting happens and it doesn't end in a 12/0 kills 11 min surrender.
You know what, for many KD has always been important, every death was like something very unfortunate and I did everything I could to prevent it from happening again. Even though this game isn't very popular, it's the type of game that intrigued me. The only change is that you become aware of these people through the killboard. I don't want to deny that it wasn't an incentive to pay more attention to the KD, but that's it.

Even without a killboard I would avoid most new SCs like crazy. Bad design, not thought trough, forcing 18+ to satisfy zergplayers or Boxrunners (talking about u Dwarfen Road :x ).

Ahh and just to show how easy it would be using the dwarfen road example without changing much. You have fixed spawn points, so if it's too difficult to change the terrain then simply place two guards on the wall at the bottom. Everyone has a flag at the spawn, if you take it, you first have to take the flag that is far from spawn and hold it so that you can take the flag at the enemy's spawn. Circle running is off the table, there are fights and you have a safe haven if you get pushed to the spawn.