Recent Topics

Ads

Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Let's talk about... everything else
Roids

Re: Please add Barrier to every Warcamp in all Tier Zones

Post#11 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:25 am

Ahh and while we're at it, the XP scroll change was also a shot in the arm. Stupid excuses a la protecting new players etc. It's true that it's much better to leave these new players in t4 SCs where they don't randomly meet a premade but almost always a full BIS opposing team. And we know how well it works to find a group when you don't have any friends, especially when you're new. Not to mention with not even lvl 40 gear, every sov group is looking for exactly such players to fill the missing space. The agenda comes out again, close your eyes, get into the Zerg and switch off your brain.

Ads
Roids

Post#12 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:39 am

Looks like i have a run atm, so lets talk about this great Sac Arena weekend SC and how to fix this mess.

Fixed spawn points, SC object near the 3rd spawn. Remove the barrier and access the spawn where guards are hiding behind the first narrow passage. The dominant side can then camp the spawn from the loosing team and one of them runs the part into the middle. These stupid barriers alone simply encourage the winning team to sh.. on SC mechanics because there is always a stupid one that goes out and you can just kill him.

The same could be applied to Garden of Morr. Different spawn points are really the biggest nonsense you can imagine. I've already had enemies spawn in my spawn and kill me because I was inside for 30 seconds and wrote something.

Roids

Post#13 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:40 am

ahh and REMOVE TWISTING TOWER, theres no HELP for that SC :lol:

shoelessHN

Post#14 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:52 am

Roids wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:12 am
shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am The biggest issue with scs is the killboard and people thinking their k/d matters. T4 scenarios have been joke for over a year.

They're occasionally okay when its 18v18 or 24v24 as more random fighting happens and it doesn't end in a 12/0 kills 11 min surrender.
You know what, for many KD has always been important, every death was like something very unfortunate and I did everything I could to prevent it from happening again. Even though this game isn't very popular, it's the type of game that intrigued me. The only change is that you become aware of these people through the killboard. I don't want to deny that it wasn't an incentive to pay more attention to the KD, but that's it.

Even without a killboard I would avoid most new SCs like crazy. Bad design, not thought trough, forcing 18+ to satisfy zergplayers or Boxrunners (talking about u Dwarfen Road :x ).

Ahh and just to show how easy it would be using the dwarfen road example without changing much. You have fixed spawn points, so if it's too difficult to change the terrain then simply place two guards on the wall at the bottom. Everyone has a flag at the spawn, if you take it, you first have to take the flag that is far from spawn and hold it so that you can take the flag at the enemy's spawn. Circle running is off the table, there are fights and you have a safe haven if you get pushed to the spawn.
Redesigning the scenarios is a completely separate issue. People would still quit after the first fight and wait until the 11 surrender even with better designs.

Of course there were always people worried about dying before but it was nothing close to what it is now.

Roids

Post#15 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:46 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:52 am
Roids wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:12 am
shoelessHN wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:50 am The biggest issue with scs is the killboard and people thinking their k/d matters. T4 scenarios have been joke for over a year.

They're occasionally okay when its 18v18 or 24v24 as more random fighting happens and it doesn't end in a 12/0 kills 11 min surrender.
You know what, for many KD has always been important, every death was like something very unfortunate and I did everything I could to prevent it from happening again. Even though this game isn't very popular, it's the type of game that intrigued me. The only change is that you become aware of these people through the killboard. I don't want to deny that it wasn't an incentive to pay more attention to the KD, but that's it.

Even without a killboard I would avoid most new SCs like crazy. Bad design, not thought trough, forcing 18+ to satisfy zergplayers or Boxrunners (talking about u Dwarfen Road :x ).

Ahh and just to show how easy it would be using the dwarfen road example without changing much. You have fixed spawn points, so if it's too difficult to change the terrain then simply place two guards on the wall at the bottom. Everyone has a flag at the spawn, if you take it, you first have to take the flag that is far from spawn and hold it so that you can take the flag at the enemy's spawn. Circle running is off the table, there are fights and you have a safe haven if you get pushed to the spawn.
Redesigning the scenarios is a completely separate issue. People would still quit after the first fight and wait until the 11 surrender even with better designs.

Of course there were always people worried about dying before but it was nothing close to what it is now.
At least they wouldnt stand behind barrier and refuse to go Out.

JohnnyWayne

Post#16 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:33 pm

I am not going out when there is no chance to win a fight. It's simple as that. I don't give a damn about my kd, but I wont feed anyone free renown either. Fix split spawns with a proper logic and add barriers to every SC to prevent premades from farming spawns.

Roids

Post#17 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:56 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:33 pm I am not going out when there is no chance to win a fight. It's simple as that. I don't give a damn about my kd, but I wont feed anyone free renown either. Fix split spawns with a proper logic and add barriers to every SC to prevent premades from farming spawns.
U wanna say remove Barriers i hope, why add barrier that premades can farm every poor soul who gets out, at least u can try to fight back with help of guards. How many times u dont even go out of barrier when u see theres not even the slightes chance of winning and u cant get back to safe zone.

Roids

Post#18 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 pm

Ahh and can we bet that bring back xp scrolls for pvp and just listing scs like Nordenwatch, Basin, Phoenix, cementary, crag keep and some others the player population will rise. Returning and new players

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#19 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:36 am

Roids wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:56 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:33 pm I am not going out when there is no chance to win a fight. It's simple as that. I don't give a damn about my kd, but I wont feed anyone free renown either. Fix split spawns with a proper logic and add barriers to every SC to prevent premades from farming spawns.
U wanna say remove Barriers i hope, why add barrier that premades can farm every poor soul who gets out, at least u can try to fight back with help of guards. How many times u dont even go out of barrier when u see theres not even the slightes chance of winning and u cant get back to safe zone.
No, barriers hinder premades from going into spawns and punt people out / pull guards away. Additionally, not having barriers allows raned DPS to also abuse that - if you want to deal damage leave the spawn.

Fey

Post#20 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:07 am

The barriers need to go, period. There can't be a hard in/out mechanic like this in a setting that is meant to cater to casual players.

If I'm in a scenario with a barrier, my rule is two times. I'll go out with the first wave of course. If we wipe, I'll go out a second time.

If there is no barrier and we get spawn camped, I can at least try to mess with the other team. If I'm on my Zealot I can go out and stagger the main dps or the other Rune Priest as a middle finger. That is at least a thing I can do in a not ideal situation. Otherwise I just sit in spawn and wait for 11 minutes.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan