Recent Topics

Ads

Problems with Scenario queue time as DPS.

Let's talk about... everything else
ursvamp

Re: Problems with Scenario queue time as DPS.

Post#61 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:03 am

Did not take the idea literally and transform the queue in a bottleneck o_O
Put exceptions:
If the other side dont the classes to complete the scenario team use the regular queue. its a player's from any side problem, queue must let it pass or will kill the system. waitn like 10/15 min for a game sometimes more haha. well this time is 542 players online. maybe when have 300- players scenario will be non existant

Ads
Dabbart

Post#62 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 am

Love the idea and system actually. My only issue is... Would there be a way to inform the players which archtypes and how many are queued? IE, if there is an overabundance of dps/healers I will roll my tank. Maybe via addon...

Queue times are relative to players playing, on both sides. This change will truly be tested the next time we have a largish roll-out, and get everyone plaything their mains rabidly.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

merkin

Post#63 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:26 am

Queue times have been pretty brutal. Still haven't gotten one for the BW solo play logged after 40 minutes. I did get a few within an hour on the WP solo play as well. I'm sure being grouped up they will improve much. Since I do solo queue quite a bit not sure how much longer I can take starring at these rocks outside of Avelorn.

I'll report back in on the rocks later.

Edit: I just now got 3 pops on the BW. Hopefully they'll still continue.
Last edited by merkin on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stinkyweed

Post#64 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:54 am

Quick fix, group with someone and que.
Problem solved.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

TenTonHammer

Post#65 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:03 am

and i was traumatized as a child by a trust fall exercise gone horribly wrong and now im emotionally incapable of playing in groups with others

Stinkyweed

Post#66 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 am

Then enjoy rocking back and forth staring at the clock as what precious life you have left tics slowly by.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

greenstoned

Post#67 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 am

i haven't had the time to solo queue much lately, so i cant tell how it is for dps am, but when i duo with my kotbs friend pop are relatively fast
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

Dabbart

Post#68 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:52 am

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote:and i was traumatized as a child by a trust fall exercise gone horribly wrong and now im emotionally incapable of playing in groups with others
Thanks, that is perfect.

I haven't noticed any real change to queue times with any of my toons. WP is a little faster than others, but small sample size.

balance has been far better however. Me likey so far.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
lilsabin

Post#69 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:11 am

TenTonHammer wrote:Fun is relative, some tanks need some more mastery and rr points before they can be effective or full deva which takes ages
All healers at this stage can max into their heal specs full if not almost fully
I can try but I don’t have the proper mentality to play anything but mdps and as such I don’t find may other arch type classes fun
the thing is the waiting i think , some classes take too long to shine

C4init3

Post#70 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Queue times are still too long for mpds (30-45 mins), and please don´t tell me to roll a new toon, first because I have WP/SM already, and second all should play the carrier, that we enjoy the most. If I would like to heal PUG groups, I should be free to do so, when I like to charge into the fray with a mpds, I should also be allowed to do. If the community would be willing to group up with a r31 mdps, then this balancing would be awesome, but groups are always looking r32/rr40 slayer or so, and when I reply to an LFG message, they just ignore me after I say, I am r31 (true story, happened 3x yesterday prime time). I do not mean to whine, and do not call us so, because we tell our negative experiences. I am really grateful for the devs to operate this wonderful server, and its a joy playing WAR again, but imo the old matchmaking system for sc queues, despite its obvious flaws, was better.