Recent Topics

Ads

X-Realming is Good for the game.

Let's talk about... everything else
bwdaWAR

Re: X-Realming is Good for the game.

Post#71 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:34 am

What I don't get is where that 8 or even 24 hours is coming from. Its purpose is to prevent people from relogging into the same battle on the other side, is it not? 1-2 hours of this (for now) theoretical lockout would be enough for that. So why the third to one day long lockout timer?

Ads
Thifall

Post#72 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:21 am

personally for me(since i am not doing x-realming) it would be enough to lock x-ream chat, so i don't have to see all that swearing going on on keep sieges (along with role play speeches, but it doesn't hurt eyes). Also addons like think out loud might give some information to other side if configured to use /s or shouts...

but for the whole server, I would say big NO to any kind of x-realming. Just it. I don't think it is ok to be able to swith sides for whatever reason. Look at politicians... they are x-realming. Did it bring anything good?

VMblast

Post#73 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:06 am

Gachimuchi wrote:
VMblast wrote:Why not introduce time lock for Xrealming -say 8h? This would be than more beneficial to all and no one would feel down. People that love both realm chars would get chance to play them twice a day and immediate Tier action wouldn't be jeopardize by xrealmers. ;)
What a great idea! Nobody has made this suggestion before! :roll:
Lol Im not sure if this was sincere or you've just making fun of my suggestion, that eyeroll seems so suspicious :P ;)

VMblast

Post#74 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:50 am

bwdaWAR wrote:What I don't get is where that 8 or even 24 hours is coming from. Its purpose is to prevent people from relogging into the same battle on the other side, is it not? 1-2 hours of this (for now) theoretical lockout would be enough for that. So why the third to one day long lockout timer?
My suggestion came from the origins and philosophy of the WAR that Mark Jacobs put into place from the beginning of its development. That was the two server system. Players could only play one realm per server. We have only one here. As a lot of pips love playing both of realm chars and there is real threat of xrealming, some compromise is needed. If you put 24h time lock, that would mean that people would be only able to play one realm per day and that could be a bit frustrating. On the other hand big actions a cross the tiers usually lasts few hours and period of 1-2h dont mean a lot in this case. Its still in boundaries of what xrealmers do (jumps back and forth in few hour time period for a quick harvest). This way, in 8h period people that like to play both realms chars whould be able to do so in a period of one day, however those big actions wouldnt be jeopardize by quick back and forth strategy of some xrealmers just for farming purposes. Lets be honest here, no one likes leachers and/or their quick harvesting techniques and xrealming is for many people quick and easy way to level their chars, putting both realms in bad and inbalaced situations. :P

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#75 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:58 am

i rly dislike x-realming hate ...... its so often jsut used 2 join the winning side of something and thats suxx hard , saw it so many times in other games and it destroy so much
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

stillwaterww

Post#76 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 am

Try this, one t4 rvr lake with no factions. Just the warband that you join is you current ally. Free for all for everyone and let player base/guilds/alliances balance itself out. Kinda like the 0.0 regions in eve?
Iobel - SO // Miae - BG // Sorrowstrike - WE // Happyjumping - WL // Ishaisa - DoK

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#77 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 am

thats suxx hard
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ainianu

Post#78 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:19 am

On the topic of Xrealming, is it possible to add a 10min cooldown between changing characters to a different faction? (and somehow tie it to ip to catch those who have an account for each faction)

Ads
Hexcode

Post#79 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:34 am

Ainianu wrote:On the topic of Xrealming, is it possible to add a 10min cooldown between changing characters to a different faction? (and somehow tie it to ip to catch those who have an account for each faction)
The best solution!
but maybe =>20min ;)
no longer
RUSSIAN FORUM MODERATOR

Ник в игре: Burnit, Hextank

VMblast

Post#80 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:46 am

Hexcode wrote:
Ainianu wrote:On the topic of Xrealming, is it possible to add a 10min cooldown between changing characters to a different faction? (and somehow tie it to ip to catch those who have an account for each faction)
The best solution!
but maybe =>20min ;)
Too little. My suggestion was 8h. This needs to discurage any thought of potential xrealmer for quick harvest fest. But also give opportunity to people who love playing both realms chars, to play them during one day.