Recent Topics

Ads

Detaunt/guard prio

Let's talk about... everything else
sn3jk

Detaunt/guard prio

Post#1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Does detaunt override guard as of the latest hotfix?

If player 1(mdps) uses detaunt on 10 enemies and his tank(player 2) is within guard range, will he still take guard damage?
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Detaunt/guard prio

Post#2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Detaunt should override Guard, yes. If you are hit by a detaunted enemy, you will receive 50% damage, and your guard will take no guard damage at all. If you are hit by a target that is not detaunted, your guard will take 50% of the damage if they are within range.

This specific ordering is to make sure detaunting still has a use while being guarded - it relieves pressure from your guard.

Razid1987

Post#3 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Detaunt should override Guard, yes. If you are hit by a detaunted enemy, you will receive 50% damage, and your guard will take no guard damage at all. If you are hit by a target that is not detaunted, your guard will take 50% of the damage if they are within range.

This specific ordering is to make sure detaunting still has a use while being guarded - it relieves pressure from your guard.
I like it. I was afraid that Detaunt wasn't needed, from what I read in the hotfix notes.

sn3jk

Post#4 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Detaunt should override Guard, yes. If you are hit by a detaunted enemy, you will receive 50% damage, and your guard will take no guard damage at all. If you are hit by a target that is not detaunted, your guard will take 50% of the damage if they are within range.

Great! was afraid it wouldn't work like that.
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

so wenn i detaunt rdps and aditionally get hit by mdsp, does the mdps get mitigated by my guard next to me and rdps dmg get mitigatet by my detaunt?
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:50 pm

Tiggo wrote:so wenn i detaunt rdps and aditionally get hit by mdsp, does the mdps get mitigated by my guard next to me and rdps dmg get mitigatet by my detaunt?
Correct.

note - I'm saying this is how it should work, given my understanding and prior developer comments on the matter. I have not been able to verify this since the hotfix went live.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Tiggo wrote:so wenn i detaunt rdps and aditionally get hit by mdsp, does the mdps get mitigated by my guard next to me and rdps dmg get mitigatet by my detaunt?
Correct.

note - I'm saying this is how it should work, given my understanding and prior developer comments on the matter. I have not been able to verify this since the hotfix went live.
thx so detaunt can be used smartly, which i really like ;)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

kolchak

Post#8 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:11 pm

That's really neat, I like that interaction a lot.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#9 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

anything that lowers TTK in this game is good in my book, but I think this change specifically is in favor of classes that are already on top of the meta.

Out of all the healers this effects doks/wp the least because they rely less on detaunt+guard to survive. Slayers had the worst detaunt for MDPS so in comparison this change effects them less etc...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Vayra

Post#10 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Interesting change, though I do think I'd prefer the way it worked on live with multiplicative stacking.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG