Recent Topics

Ads

Good ways to make money?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jabba

Good ways to make money?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey all,
Recently come back to give this a whirl (loved it on live) after getting bored with pretty much everything else out right now.
However, I'm a little disconcerted with the apparent price of gearing up to a somewhat decent level (15g per purple level 1 talisman at the cheapest, Devastator stuff costing like 50g/piece.) So basically, does making money get better as you level a bit if you only really want to rvr, or do you have to mindlessly farm mobs etc for hours and hours to get some of the better stuff?

Cheers in advance
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Good ways to make money?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Grab all the Kill quests from all the realm Warcamps and doing RvR/Scenarios.

While doing them, leveling up crafting skills and making stuff that can make an income.

These are the 2 most common things I can think of.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Genisaurus wrote:1. Go to the warcamp for any pairing, in any tier. Dwarf/Greenskin and Empire/Chaos tend to work the best.
2. Collect all the quests to visit the Rally Masters in each chapter camp.
3. Go to the first chapter in the pairing.
4. Talk to the Rally Master. This will complete the quest for the warcamp. Additionally, the Rally master will (usually) have a quest to visit the next Chapter camp as well.
5. Go to the next Chapter camp, repeat steps 4 and 5 until you've completed every chapter.

Doing this should let you turn in 2 quests per chapter, with each quest rewarding 25s/75s in T2/3 respectively. They have either no level requirement, or a very low one, so you can run from T1 - T3 in maybe an hour tops.

Scrilian

Post#4 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

beg :^)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

th3gatekeeper

Post#5 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Elven wrote:Grab all the Kill quests from all the realm Warcamps and doing RvR/Scenarios.

While doing them, leveling up crafting skills and making stuff that can make an income.

I have to say, when you guys nerfed the PVP kill quest rewards down, it REALLY hurt the profitability of these, so much so, that I dont do many of them anymore except for the Talab. ones (destro) or High Pass (Order) since I turn them in with WAR....

Since it costs so much to fly there... If I wanted to fly to say Elf to turn them in, I spend 25 silver to fly there, get ~60 silver for both turn ins, then end up flying BACK to whatever I was doing costing me 50 silver and earning me 60, for a net of 10 silver....

Or if I really wanted to, I could fly from zone to zone and therefore that second flight costs 25 silver but I earn another 60... But all in all, I could do an entire round of them and in all reality the rewards are just not good.....

I know inflation was something you guys were trying to combat, to be honest.... Id rather have the kill quests be pegged to like 40 and 50 kills (up from 20 and 25) but then give us atleast 2x the rewards... This way when we turn them in, it costs 25 silver, but we would get MUCH more back so the "net gain" was greater but it required a little more time....

The cost/reward isnt great enough for these to really return you anything... Please consider making some adjustments....
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

greenstoned

Post#6 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:24 pm

crafting in this game doesnt require that much time and effort, and not only will it reduce your operating costs, it'll make you a few bucks on the side past the initial fees to get it going
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

lol860

Post#7 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:26 pm

kill enough pve crap and sell purples

Ghostweed

Post#8 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Spoiler:
Elven wrote:Grab all the Kill quests from all the realm Warcamps and doing RvR/Scenarios.

I have to say, when you guys nerfed the PVP kill quest rewards down, it REALLY hurt the profitability of these, so much so, that I dont do many of them anymore except for the Talab. ones (destro) or High Pass (Order) since I turn them in with WAR....

Since it costs so much to fly there... If I wanted to fly to say Elf to turn them in, I spend 25 silver to fly there, get ~60 silver for both turn ins, then end up flying BACK to whatever I was doing costing me 50 silver and earning me 60, for a net of 10 silver....

Or if I really wanted to, I could fly from zone to zone and therefore that second flight costs 25 silver but I earn another 60... But all in all, I could do an entire round of them and in all reality the rewards are just not good.....

I know inflation was something you guys were trying to combat, to be honest.... Id rather have the kill quests be pegged to like 40 and 50 kills (up from 20 and 25) but then give us atleast 2x the rewards... This way when we turn them in, it costs 25 silver, but we would get MUCH more back so the "net gain" was greater but it required a little more time....

The cost/reward isnt great enough for these to really return you anything... Please consider making some adjustments....
U do something wrong. Let me give u an example: U start in Tala -> after 25kills u deliver 2xQ= net gain 75s -> u fly to Avleron deliver 2xQ 75-25+75=1,25g net gain -> u fly to BFP deliver 2xQ 1,25-0,25+0,75=1,75g net gain -> u fly to badlands deliver 2xQ 1,75-0,25+0,75=2,25g net gain -> u fly back to ur original zone 2,25g-0,25=2g net gain for 25kills...looks fair for me :)
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Post#9 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Ghostweed wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:
Spoiler:

U do something wrong. Let me give u an example: U start in Tala -> after 25kills u deliver 2xQ= net gain 75s -> u fly to Avleron deliver 2xQ 75-25+75=1,25g net gain -> u fly to BFP deliver 2xQ 1,25-0,25+0,75=1,75g net gain -> u fly to badlands deliver 2xQ 1,75-0,25+0,75=2,25g net gain -> u fly back to ur original zone 2,25g-0,25=2g net gain for 25kills...looks fair for me :)
Maybe I am mistaken, actually I know I mis calculated. Its 35 silver and 40 silver right? So 75 gained, 25 spent. 50 silver net each time. I thought it was 60 total. Either way, its really not much. Why? Because you do much more flying around than just those two areas. Also you get pulled into RvR or something and dont have time to turn them all in. Or if you ARE in RvR.. Maybe you get 80 kills before turning them in...

Point being its incredibly inconvenient for not very much reward... You do an SC, say kill 30 players. As you get out you Que again and have a chance to turn in 1 zone and it pops. You go into the PVP, get out, fly to another area get that turn in... pops again.... Get out, fly to third area and probably have your "first" area done again... fly there, pop again etc.

For a net gain of 50 silver each time... its pretty inconvenient. I dont know why you are defending it. On paper, sure you say "its easy! Just fly inbetween" in reality, you get on and dont want to be forced to spend ALL your down time flying between zones between PVP pops or RvR... You want to get on, inspect armor, check the AH, chat with a buddy, duel, sure you need to "work" to turn in quests... But when the "work" consists of a waiting screen and trying to hurry and turn in quests before your Que pop time runs out... thats not work.

PLUS Id wager a hefty amount of gold, PART of the reason people end up zoning into SCs later is because they are rying to squeeze out the turn ins before they get in... Why? because its annoying as heck.... If these were increased in total kill count AND reward.... It would be a nice bump in QOL for the game... Once T4 comes, cut them in half again down to today's levels and make the T4 quests 40/50 kills.... It allows you to have FUN in the game and then earn money for playing, rather than having to zone to various places to earn gold between pops....
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Good (not great) way to make money: get cultivating and apothecary on your main, grow plants all the time (MGRemix addon recommended), make pots, sell them and plants on AH. You decide if you keep the blue pots for yourself or not ;)

Edit: get MGremix here, it's been updated with some fixes by the incredible Ropuch.