Ads

PUG Scenario Rage

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: PUG Scenario Rage

Post#31 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Sera wrote:
Telen wrote:The random skill levels and unpredictability of pugging is what makes it fun. Thats what I play for. If I wanted everyone the same on the same classes and specs all doing the same op tactics I'd have been bored years ago. War doesnt have mirrors and has alt specs for most classes. Thats whats kept it interesting. Every pug 2h tank, dps zealot, melee herder, aoedotmagus. You make the game. Play how you want. Have fun. Never conform.
Yes, everyone should play DPS healer and do it solo! Groups and warband should not exists! Never support anyone esle, never assist on anyone! Let chaos reign! Have fuuuuuuuun!
Are you haveing fun yet? o.O
After seeing how you do without a full pre the other day I can see why you dont like going pug.

Ads
bichka

Post#32 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:49 am

Only thing i don't like in current sc implementation - you get nothing without group.
For example, if i playing dps, which nobody will guard or heal, why i should split renown from kills with this slackers? Maybe old system with leaching healers wasn't ideal, but at least it was fair.

on live i recently go out of group if tank didn't guard anyone, especially when 2-3 tanks do not want to. and with even 2-3 solo kills you will get much more than with this crappy selfish "group".

Nidwin

Post#33 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:12 am

Pug scenarios lol.

It can be fun and it has its "charmes". The main issue I see with pugs (as a healer) is the trend to spread out vs staying more or less grouped. It's often a headache to know where everyone is for positioning yourself to keep as many alive.

Anyway,
Keyboard warriors can't guard the mailbox in scenarios, opposed to oRvR.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

szejoza

Post#34 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:59 pm

bichka wrote:Only thing i don't like in current sc implementation - you get nothing without group.
For example, if i playing dps, which nobody will guard or heal, why i should split renown from kills with this slackers? Maybe old system with leaching healers wasn't ideal, but at least it was fair.

on live i recently go out of group if tank didn't guard anyone, especially when 2-3 tanks do not want to. and with even 2-3 solo kills you will get much more than with this crappy selfish "group".
As a tank I've got it other way round :o sometimes I'm missing dps to guard cause people don't want to swap parties which leaves me stuck with 3 other tanks.
About renown system - it depends heavily on situation. And in most cases solo roamers were WH/WE which kill stealed anyways :D let's just all contribute to the team and everyone will get their fair share of cake
Spoiler:

th3gatekeeper

Post#35 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 am

szejoza wrote:
bichka wrote:Only thing i don't like in current sc implementation - you get nothing without group.

As a tank I've got it other way round :o sometimes I'm missing dps to guard cause people don't want to swap parties which leaves me stuck with 3 other tanks.
About renown system - it depends heavily on situation. And in most cases solo roamers were WH/WE which kill stealed anyways :D let's just all contribute to the team and everyone will get their fair share of cake
Yeah this always cracks me up.... I get on my Mara and then 3 tanks sit in the other party while I ask them to swap groups or I try to and nobody moves...

Or I am on my tank, I try and get a guy to trade me slots to guard a MDPS. Nothing.

Or my FAVORITE is 3 healers all get in the same group and dont out of party heal.... LOVE that one!
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:33 am

These are the risks you take when solo queuing, though: it's always been this way.

Vayra

Post#37 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:31 am

peterthepan3 wrote:These are the risks you take when solo queuing, though: it's always been this way.

Yup, I just ask politely to swap groups if there is a huge imbalance one way or the other. And if no one responds I just go about the scenario as best I can.

And having played a dps dok for the past few days I've received surprisingly little hate.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:34 am

Vayra wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:These are the risks you take when solo queuing, though: it's always been this way.

Yup, I just ask politely to swap groups if there is a huge imbalance one way or the other. And if no one responds I just go about the scenario as best I can.

And having played a dps dok for the past few days I've received surprisingly little hate.

a well-played DPS DOK is an asset to a group. good players will know this. they fit in nicely in melee train.

Ads
Firendil

Post#39 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:26 am

My little stone to the wall.

Last night i played my lvl 28 PG for SC PUG and in one of those match makup i ended to be the only healer in a party of 2 BW, 1 Slayer and 1 witchhunter and no guard. While Doing my best, it was a nightmare to keep the slayer alive and i failed to save him several time not to mention sometimes i ran out of AP and Fury and i couldnt save a BW from self destroying . While i know a bunch of players that would rent at me for my lack of group supports, i got absolutly no complaints from them and that what made me more comfortable in my job and then i wanted to try to push my limits and offer them the best i could.
Now if the party i was in started to flames me for not beeing a proper healer then i think i could have ended doing the least .
I got a spécial mention for our slayer "Bogron" (if i remember the name right ?): Thumbs up man, even if i couldnt make you avoid death a lot of time, you kept getting on your feet and continued to do your job.

PUG can be frustrating but they can also be a great expérience.

Regards,

Firendil, 33 SM
Firen, 35 Slayer
Cassandre, 29 WP
Firendil, Sword Master
Firen, Slayer
Cassandre, Warrior Priest
Alienore, Shadow Warrior

Survivant de Millenium Old School

szejoza

Post#40 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:58 am

I hated pug sc as a slayer but love them as kotbs, even if we're against premade I'm like 'meh, lets at least get 100 points to get 1 emblem' and surprisingly we often end with score over 300points just by ninja capping flags (not in tor anroc/mourkain temple as they are much kill dependent)
Spoiler: