Recent Topics

Ads

broken keeps

Let's talk about... everything else
zak68

Re: broken keeps

Post#11 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:05 am

"That's unfortunate, the overtime not the T4. Good to hear that you guys care about your player-base. I personally, would rather wait a little while than have a super buggy T4 release, but that's me. "
not anymore, i agree 100%.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#12 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:42 am

with overtime Geni ofc mean we still try and minimize any kinds of bugs, so while there will probably always arrive some bugs but major ones should hopefully not ship with the t4 release :P

Jail

Post#13 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:05 am

Stop playing the game if it annoys you that much. I bet you was the guy complaining like a child about in /ad last day.

Marsares

Post#14 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:14 am

Patience is a virtue.

The game is run by volunteers, some of them putting 40+ hours in per week over and above their normal job and social life. The broken keeps are a major issue, but there are only so many hours in a day and so many people that can fix things.

Geni already stated that keeps won't be fixed until t4 because he made a mistake (only human!), and getting t4 ready is a major task that should be taken lightly.

I would urge the player base to give the Devs some space and time to fix things and get t4 ready. I never thought I would be playing this game again, and now that I have the opportunity to do so (and at zero cost!) I think it's the least we can do.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Korred

Post#15 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:40 am

Marsares wrote:Patience is a virtue.

The game is run by volunteers, some of them putting 40+ hours in per week over and above their normal job and social life. The broken keeps are a major issue, but there are only so many hours in a day and so many people that can fix things.

Geni already stated that keeps won't be fixed until t4 because he made a mistake (only human!), and getting t4 ready is a major task that should be taken lightly.

I would urge the player base to give the Devs some space and time to fix things and get t4 ready. I never thought I would be playing this game again, and now that I have the opportunity to do so (and at zero cost!) I think it's the least we can do.
Good written... you have my vote Sir!!

Mael

Post#16 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:13 am

Awesome. At last a definitive answer. Many thanks Geni.
Like many people, I have been frustrated in the last few days, not at the keeps being broken but more so at the lack of a concrete explanation as to why the keeps weren't fixable.

The mix of new T4 code explains that nicely, and also why a clean restore of previously working code isn't viable. This is the very question I'd wanted to ask, but didn't to avoid annoying an already frustrated and overworked dev community.

Many thanks for the clear explanation Geni. Keep up the great work. It's always appreciated but not often enough lauded.
Maelsorc 40/34 On sabbatical until sanity returns
Maelsmash 40/31 Ditto.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 am

Suggestion: Leave war for a few days; play another game - go outside (its getting summer-yey!).
And come back when t4 is about to hit! :)

Olszewski

Post#18 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Suggestion # 2. Work on ur crafting skills and be more self efficient and be rdy and prepare for t4. Too many ppl cry about prices of talismans and pots. Well take this time do something for ur self and guild mates if u are in a guild.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:43 pm

One thing we got from keeps being broken. Its shown the problems with the rvr campaign and that keeps are just a bandaid and other tiers turn into t1 without them.

DirkDaring

Post#20 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Actually I`ve had more fun since the bugged keeps, because instead of logging on to see one faction Zerging empty keeps, and then I end up logging off, because zerging empty keeps is lame.

Lately we have just been fighting over Tavern in High pass which is great, because there is actually pvp going on; instead of Rvdoor .