Overarching balance changes

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Which game mechanic needs to be changed the most?

Guard
9%
Cleanse
23%
Buff/Debuff stacking
4%
Critical damage
12%
%Damage mitigation abilities (Detaunt/Challenge/ID/Bellow etc...)
4%
Softcaps
4%
Morales
5%
Group Heal
9%
Armor/Resistance stacking and penetration
10%
Crowd Control and immunities
21%
Total votes: 278

Sera

Re: Overarching balance changes

Post#41 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 pm

1. Cleanse system - All healers should be able to cleanse all type of debuffs. See the situation of Double DoK vs Double WP - enough said.
2. CC immunity - all Croud Control Effects should have immunities, the channeled CC's with no immunitites are imbalancing.
Sera

Ads
noisestorm

Post#42 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm

What the hell is a channeled CC that gives no immunity? O_O

Corvineus

Post#43 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Hmmm I don't agree with Sera's first note.

I think if you wanna give everyone the same mechanics it takes out the point of playing a different class for their unique contribution to a setup. Like, a good runepriest > A decent WP anyday.

And yeah the 10% parry vs block is a LITTLE bit not thought through but again, It's not a gamebreaking difference.

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Jaycub wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:no mention of the disparity in bonuses between DW and 2H?
Didn't think it was really worth mentioning, it's been discussed a lot as well. And the proposed fix was shotdown by a certain destro guild that thought it would favor order too much :^)

Changing 10% block strikethrough to parry strikethrough would hardly be game changing either. But at the same time kind of cheesy as they would just both cancel each other out.
Acctutlly my suggestion is to remove both bonuses complealty would balace them out

DW has faster AA, which would make it benefit from procs and stuff while 2H could provide bigger spike damage with certain 2h related abilites and white numbers

i feel this would balance them out

TenTonHammer

Post#45 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:50 pm

noisestorm wrote:What the hell is a channeled CC that gives no immunity? O_O
Get to the choppa gives no immunity iirc

noisestorm

Post#46 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Ahh well and winds of insanity are meant then i assume, didnt think of those ones. for winds i think its actually livelike to not give immu, while the pull should give a root one though mhh

lilsabin

Post#47 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:58 pm

start by removing the morales things and make their skills as normal skills (give them 3 mins cooldown if you want , since they are special) . then whats with everything in the game being cleansable ? make some abilities impossible to be cleansed or give backlash when they are cleansed , then give a damn gap closer and an escape mechanic to every class in the game (not flee) , we are in 2016 for god sake . Then we can start talking CLASS balance

popolacarotte

Post#48 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Post#49 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:03 pm

I voted Cleanse, as well. I guess I have 2 things about it..

It should equal out on each side, as I understand it currently does not.. this may mean changing some "Ability Types" to match what Cleanse can remove. but the bottom line is they should have the same impact and usefulness on both sides. Changing ability types like Ailment would help?

Cleanse in general just seems like a large contributor to the life of the team, its importance is stellar when noting my previous mention. I think further limitations on what can be "cleansed" (by any means) could be a possible route. Limit and define what can and cannot be cleansed and through which ability etc.

Eathisword

Post#50 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Naturally I'll choose cleanse, as that single ability alone effectively renders several classes to useless levels.
I like Shadowgurke idea on this : removing damage dot from cleansable list. Classify them as Damaging, like IB's Heavy Blow. As a dps, people would be happy, as a healer myself, it would make cleansing a lot more relevant, as it would be possible to get to THAT thing i want to remove. Right now, there is so much stuff to cleanse it is nearly impossible to get to any kind of debuff unless it is used first.

Maybe a way to go about it would be to make core dots Damaging and tactic/spec dot kept cleansable. Just an idea.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.