Recent Topics

Ads

NA timezone population

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: NA timezone population

Post#11 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Very few want anything to do with ORvR that isn't a keep take/defense. And currently, It's the Defense that brings people out. Start hitting a Door and watch the zone flood in...

Imo, it's not cooperation or tactics that we're missing. It's numbers. I haven't been involved in a single keep attack in NA since the Lord changes where the defending side had AAO by the time the inner fell. It's either even, or the attackers have AAO. In either case, it's not supposed to be reasonably easy for the attacks to succeed.

Hell, I know we have all seen multiple circumstances where keep attackers have 60%+ AAO, and still the defenders wont push out and attack... Not much balancing you can do to fix that. People will chase the easy rewards, or potential to Farm. But I have Faith. It'll work out in the end, and in the meantime we get to have the bat-**** crazy fights we have been...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
magter3001

Post#12 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Dabbart wrote:Very few want anything to do with ORvR that isn't a keep take/defense. And currently, It's the Defense that brings people out. Start hitting a Door and watch the zone flood in...

Imo, it's not cooperation or tactics that we're missing. It's numbers. I haven't been involved in a single keep attack in NA since the Lord changes where the defending side had AAO by the time the inner fell. It's either even, or the attackers have AAO. In either case, it's not supposed to be reasonably easy for the attacks to succeed.

Hell, I know we have all seen multiple circumstances where keep attackers have 60%+ AAO, and still the defenders wont push out and attack... Not much balancing you can do to fix that. People will chase the easy rewards, or potential to Farm. But I have Faith. It'll work out in the end, and in the meantime we get to have the bat-**** crazy fights we have been...
Had this happen in t3 the other day. Attackers had 20-40% AAO and the defenders didn't want to push for our keep cuz they enjoyed reaping the rewards of the defense.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Morbidmind

Post#13 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Destro NA has very few healer mains it seems. Can never get an actual WB together as we'll have like, one zealot for 20 people.

Gerv
Banned

Post#14 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Silly work iPad so I don't have the option to quote but,
@dabbart: I see it happen, the 2 active RvR groups in order NA time don't communicate with each other when it comes to the keep. There is a distinct lack of knowing who grabs the lord, if you do, which ramp to use, calls to interrupt the lord, turn him away to push destro first or so on. It ends up being a big rush in and the lord does his job with aoe.

I agree though that is usually the only way to attract defenders.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Dabbart

Post#15 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 am

Oh most definitely there could be far more coordination.

Our issue, (in TW) is that A, no one believes we can actually take the Keep(seeing as we usually have AAO) B, no real interest in trying other than it's literally the only place Destro are at, and C, We had a good push, wiping Destro tanked the Lord the right way, then his punt bugged us upstairs he ran wild and pulled through the wall... After that, didn't really seem worth it to try and communicate.

Imo, when everything is working as intended, you can take a keep with AAO against a group of PUG defenders. It'd be hard, and take some time, but you could do it. Right now, unless you have superior numbers, coordination wont mean crap. You need to be able to push into Lord room and up the stairs while another WB takes the Lord. You just can't fight a battle from Mid stairs, long stairs, Dessie dropping outside, Those getting punted running back in, and the constant champ respawn unless you have more bodies than the defenders.

Imo, other than a pure Zerg that's the only way to take a keep atm. But it's not like I'm God or anything... Someone already took that name in game...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Gerv
Banned

Post#16 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:43 am

Getting punted through a wall is kinda a bummer for sure. I think there is deffs a bonus to communicating when you can effectively prevent the oppersition from getting into the keep while another group handles the door. Once in, its a bit harder, you need an organised tank group to hold the lord while again the same guild preventing destro from entering the keep continue to do so.

But yea, again population plays a big role in this.

I think another big problem is a lack of recruiting guilds on both sides. Players come to back during NA time but they struggle to find the type of guild they are looking for. Whether that be casual or hardcore. As the casual plays see less and less RvR/successful keep takes, (**RvR work in progress, tough love**)while getting smashed in scenarios by established premades they loose interest. Pug sc could help here maybe.

Again if the hardcore players dont find a home, you can see a few looking for guilds on the guild page, because the established guilds who are few in number on both sides are all full, then they too loose focus and leave the game too.

TLDR: need more variety of active guilds both casual and hardcore on both sides but mainly destro imho.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

lawfol

Post#17 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 am

As a sleepless EU player I can also add that far more players get "angry" in chats when things are buggy, server causes disconnects during NA time. Combined that the population is less and the general attitude of some NA players I am pretty sure the whole "alpha" stage and the server not being a finished consumable product is enough to keep the NA population low for ever.

Gerv
Banned

Post#18 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

I think the issue with people getting angry is in part due to a lack of activity. With not a lot to do, people get frustrated easily with things like occasional bugged keeps and disconnects in scenarios which unfortunately at this time is part of life.

For example, if you have been in que for 20 mins only to disconnect during or at the start of the scenario, well that makes you fairly angry. keeps are less an issue now because it's more a communication issue, people being geared and everyone being mindful of the lord abilities and where to tank him.

I disagree about the "alpha" stage. I think a lot has to do with content, keeping people interested. In time this will change. I know convincing my guild to push keeps is impossible because no one really needs ani gear expect for healers and as a result no one wants to sit at the keep and wait for a 1 in 30 chance at a gold bag which might only spawn if defenders show. We will always roam and support the keep effort but to stand there and watch as destro stay in the keep even when they out number, no thanks

But again the RvR is in a current state of flux, in time it will get better. Plus this always happens a while after new content being released alla t4.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
Chadben1

Post#19 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Dabbart wrote:Well..

Previously, the main issue imo was the server hosting in EU, which gave NA players a massive disadvantage Ping wise. I don't notice any issue's anymore however. Very little lag for me generally.

The extended downtime hurt the population in general, I think it might of hurt NA because of the general newishness to quite a lot of the players there. We had just seen a large increase over the last 4 months.

One can hope, they will return. We've had good fights all week during NA times. Not large, but fights. Had some seriously wacky **** happen actually... Red rover red rover, send Zaxxondd on over...

TLDR: The playerbase will return/increase in time. The lower tiers have quite a few players on during NA time, which is a good sign. Just means that the "end game" wont be highly populated for a lil bit.

I'm Eastern Timezone North American, in Central Florida my ping is 119-130ish mS to the Server. I don't think that's bad, yeah?

Gerv
Banned

Post#20 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh yea it's not too bad given we all fight against people in similar positions alla same ping. It's when you get hardcore NA v EU in the cross over times when people complain about it or when hardcore NA pre adds fight each other and can't produce the clutch plays because of warping and unfortunate information communication.
Last edited by Gerv on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.