Recent Topics

Ads

SH Squigs need a fix ASAP.

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

Re: SH Squigs need a fix ASAP.

Post#11 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:24 am

Kopfmotorrad wrote:This is clearly exploit and should be punished.

Still gotta laugh though about how OP complains about SH when he also plays a SW with the mother*********
gamebreaking ranged knockdown ...
lol do you really think this KD is gamebreaking?
I don't even wanna know what you think of Rift/Electromagnet then...
Same, even heard of Pounce? Terrible embrace?

Ads
Stortz

Post#12 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 am

exploit
I don't think you know what that means
also, even if they were never to patch AI patch-finding, you have to adapt
a good read for anyone complaining about balance :
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

Morbidmind

Post#13 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:09 am

I'm Commander Shepherd, and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.

Thekil
Banned

Post#14 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:42 am

Haojin wrote:Thanks for posting.

Your arguments are invalid especially in "SH using exploit".

Yes it is an exploit, it's a bug that the devs need to fix and SH's are taking advantage of it. If people lost renown because they took advantage of a bug then SH's should be punished the same. They won't be because they are destro, but should be.

ToXoS

Post#15 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:55 am

Thekil wrote:
Haojin wrote:Thanks for posting.

Your arguments are invalid especially in "SH using exploit".

Yes it is an exploit, it's a bug that the devs need to fix and SH's are taking advantage of it. If people lost renown because they took advantage of a bug then SH's should be punished the same. They won't be because they are destro, but should be.
Finally someone with common sense here.
But people don't like that here apparently.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:58 am

I can support this. Punish all SHs.

They suffer a permanent and stackable snare reducing their speed by 50%.
No long able to self-punt.
No longer able to utilize Run Away!.
No longer able to target an Enemy that is greater than 10ft away.

These seem entirely Fair and Reasonable to me.

Edit: This was Post 666 for Me!

Die Squiqy Die!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Karast

Post#17 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:30 am

I can understand the frustration ToXoS.

I do find it annoying, and there are only a few SHs out there that aren't abusing the way pets work currently, and it got worse since they fixed the range on squigs.

But there is counter play. The dps on everything expect spike squig is a joke. If you burst the spike squig fast, it can cripple the SH's dps, since a lot of them are relying heavily on the squig right now. You can also spec into cleansing winds later on to take care of the dots. Once that squig is dead, and you wipe the dots it's anyone's fight.

But all pets and npcs do this. It is not a SH problem as much as an npc problem. The dev's are working on it. Getting npc's to obey LoS is going to be very important for a lot of PvE boss mechanics, and as they've said more than a few times they are working on it.

Now when it comes to abusing the out of range bug with bunny hopping. I think everyone should be banned, and their PC's smashed into a thousand bits, but that is another matter entirely.

kok

Post#18 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 am

How is it considered an exploit if SH loses control of the pet once someone tap it.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Ads
normanis

Post#19 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:41 am

isnt turrets and magus demons dont hit trough textures? also play as squig is easer. sometimes just send your pet and he do most job. aand u finish it if pet fails or blow it up to root snare enemy. while u finish him completly. sw is harder to play. i think if u detount u get less damage while your pet still deal 100% damage. yup squig is easer to play.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Karast

Post#20 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:53 am

kok wrote:How is it considered an exploit if SH loses control of the pet once someone tap it.
Technically speaking an exploit is using a game bug to your advantage. Pets not following los is a bug. Engi's, WL's, maguses, and SH are all abusing it right now, because there is really no way not to without dropping your pet and gimping yourself. It is less of an issue for everyone else since they have immobile / melee pets. With SH it is really only the spike, and maybe the gas squig that are causing headaches.

The thing to keep in mind is that this is an alpha. There are a lot of bugs, and the dev's do what they can to fix them quick.

Npc LoS is an annoying but relatively minor exploit, compared with other things. It doesn't have a huge impact like a lot of the gold exploits / renown exploits do on the overall server population.