Recent Topics

Ads

Question about Order and Destro in same lair

Let's talk about... everything else
wiscel

Question about Order and Destro in same lair

Post#1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:54 am

Just a question, me and some guildies were doing some lair runs. At one lair Order also arrived, since our healer wasnt there yet we didn't attack Hero. Order started on the Hero straight away. I said let's try and get a killsteal on the Hero, but one guildie said that might risk in a ban.
What are the rules in this case?
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads
RyanMakara

Re: Question about Order and Destro in same lair

Post#2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 am

Killstealing should be impossible nowadays as loot contribution is now based on damage done by group; even back in the old system where just the deathblow granted you full loot rights, there were very few cases in which people were banned. Most bans related to lair killstealing had to do with higher levels abusing the RvR flag timer upon re-logging into an RvR lake, to nick a kill as a level 40 on a level 10-11 hero.

Seeing as Order and Destruction fight over these lairs in every way, there is nothing wrong in sabotaging either side, as long as cross-realming measures are not part of the equation.

wiscel

Post#3 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 am

Ok thanks for reply.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#4 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 am

Another reason why I love this game; while I won't go ambush some T3 order players going for appearance gear, allowing opposing factions to slay each other in the world while going for unique equipment in a lair adds to the feeling of total and all out war. Thank you for not making safe zones coddling people.

Vitesse

Post#5 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:50 am

Hmm at one point I encountered destro whilst farming for one of the Tome accessory stuff, it was pretty uneasy lol and one of the low level shamans was flagged for RVR. Not gonna lie, felt like killing him but at the same time I would have felt so guilty ):
Reminder that Slaanesh Pink is the new Chaos Black!

Wanna catch me? Look for:
CURRENTLY ON BREAK. Will get back on the game soon - Edit as of 3/12/2017

Karl

Post#6 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Killstealing should be impossible nowadays as loot contribution is now based on damage done by group; even back in the old system where just the deathblow granted you full loot rights, there were very few cases in which people were banned. Most bans related to lair killstealing had to do with higher levels abusing the RvR flag timer upon re-logging into an RvR lake, to nick a kill as a level 40 on a level 10-11 hero.

Seeing as Order and Destruction fight over these lairs in every way, there is nothing wrong in sabotaging either side, as long as cross-realming measures are not part of the equation.
Killstealing in lairs is not at all impossible i'm affraid. We got T1 lair boss in elf down to 1% when dessy charges in, stole db and loot and lol:ed....

Not banable prolly according to above and there is a reason for the lairs beeing in the rvr zone, but absolutely doable...

UmmOK
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:50 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thank you for not making safe zones coddling people.
I agree 100% I like that there are no special considerations for players, only incentives like AAO. It would suck to see lairs become their own zone/instance wherein you could not fight for the prize. That was one of the best things about LoTD. No carebear cuddling in the game at all. no special concessions.
Ban evasion account of Luuca

wiscel

Post#8 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:43 pm

OK, our party just got wiped by one engie. We had a party of 4 nonflagged destro players going for the Lord in Mount Bloodhorn, in the lair there was one nonflagged engie. When we started on the Lord he puts up a turret to wipe us even though we were non-flagged!
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf

Ads
wiscel

Post#9 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes, talking to Ley as we speak.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf