Recent Topics

Ads

Pug Sc queue

Let's talk about... everything else
s3rv0

Re: Pug Sc queue

Post#61 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:15 am

So far have lost like 70% of the games there as order that lasted almost 15mins, got much less lose rate on regular scs atm. Could be the sc thought.

Ads
s3rv0

Post#62 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:22 am

ElSheitan wrote:
Danielle wrote:As much as I think teamplay should be promoted, I think people who are flaming solo queue are completely missing the point here.

Why is it better to play in a premade in ANY game from LoL, DotA to Overwatch to MMOs? Because playing with friends and people you know feels better. Teamfights are better. Co-ordination is better. Everything plays like the game actually makes sense. You get a 'good game' in terms of your team's effort every time. Compared to that solo queue in any game is a massive Benny Hill themed shitfest. Given the option I would bet you most people (if it took no effort) would prefer to play in a set group against a set group.

Why doesn't that happen? Schedules, real-life, some people want to play more, some people want to play less. It doesn't happen because people don't want to play in groups that is simply false. Humans are social beings by nature, and all these games are more fun when playing in a group.

In a game where participation is voluntary you cannot motivate people by punishing them. That just makes them quit the game or play something else, like PvE or RvR. If you really want to work on promoting teamplay make community 6v6 events and nights, stream, create a ladder. Positive stuff. Stomping people in scens in teams with superior comps will hardly lead to a promotion of skilled play, it rather portrays teams and premades as efficient farmers rather than good (skilled) players.

I can tell you what I did outside of my premade in the previous system. I almost never played scenarios. It was either play in a premade or go solo roam/PvE. Scenarios were simply not an option because of their absolutely abysmal return rate on my time in terms of rewards, playing vs. premades with PuGs was no fun whatsoever. Why would anyone bother queuing it solo? No reason whatsoever.

So I am reading this change this way: People can now solo queue for scenarios without having to hope for a friendly premade to carry them against and enemy premade.
Wow that's a pretty great change. My 5 cents.
Completely agree with this post. Make positive changes mentioned above. I think many people here are interested more in small scale combat like 6v6, so ladder will be great tool for skilled players. Also SCs are missing any matchmaking system, for example by renown rank etc...
First of all this is not e-sport game, secondly not all specs are vaible for premades and not everyone tries to be l33t.

TenTonHammer

Post#63 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:03 am

Bozzax wrote:I think many miss the point.

By having a separation of casuals solo queue and group queue the latter will eventually fail.

Why? Simply because it is takes less effort to solo play and solo queue and when group queueing is starved of players group queue fails.

Personally I always thought what made WAR a better game then WOW was the focus on team play.
So because people whom have no intrest in playing in groups because they don't want to for what ever personal reason

The group que will fall?

Becuase group queing will not survive without have solo casual players to stomp all over?

Koensol

Post#64 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:20 am

To those who say group play is what is great about WAR and that because of this change, it will fail... please stop and just think for a bit about why you like organized group play. Probably because it is more fun and stimulating to work together in a group to overcome challenges, right? This pug only sc will change nothing about that or about competitive group play in general, other than you will not be able to steamroll pugs anymore, but face other premades. In other words: "more competitive".

Responsed like: "Yes, but it is now less rewarding" are just invalid arguments that show the only real reason why you were running premades all along --> easy winnings and fast rr. So please spare me your words of doom about how group play will now fail.

Bozzax

Post#65 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:38 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Bozzax wrote:I think many miss the point.

By having a separation of casuals solo queue and group queue the latter will eventually fail.

Why? Simply because it is takes less effort to solo play and solo queue and when group queueing is starved of players group queue fails.

Personally I always thought what made WAR a better game then WOW was the focus on team play.
So because people whom have no intrest in playing in groups because they don't want to for what ever personal reason

The group que will fall?

Becuase group queing will not survive without have solo casual players to stomp all over?
I say when 80% of the player base queue only KE, "path of least resistance" the remaining handfull dessie and order 6man teams will die off fairly quickly yes.

There isn't even 10 order premades that I know the name of and even fewer* we would ever loose to 6v6 (before the DDOS downtime).

I expect the top 3 teams on either side will rapidly convert new/casual teams to solo queue by beating them over and over. Again "path of least resistance"
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

peterthepan3

Post#66 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Ezella wrote: beyond that i would appreciate to see a bigger selection of solo/duo sc's to choose from in the future.
I don't think creating more than one pug scenario (per week) is the best way to go, as then it becomes a case of actively promoting solo play/not being with a group instead of appeasing solo players with one scenario so that everyone is happy.

People making concerns about group play should not be taken lightly, tbh. This argument 'oh well you can no longer farm and make easy rr!' needs to be done away with, as the vast majority of people who are saying it are probably all too keen to make easy rr when in WBs in RvR - do not cast the first stone lest ye be judged.

If 80% of the population does end up queuing for the pug-only scenario as Boz says, then I would assume changes would be reverted. Atm it seems okay though, and we'll have to wait for Fri/Sat/Sun to make accurate observations.

Theseus

Post#67 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Ezella wrote: beyond that i would appreciate to see a bigger selection of solo/duo sc's to choose from in the future.
I don't think creating more than one pug scenario (per week) is the best way to go, as then it becomes a case of actively promoting solo play/not being with a group instead of appeasing solo players with one scenario so that everyone is happy.

People making concerns about group play should not be taken lightly, tbh. This argument 'oh well you can no longer farm and make easy rr!' needs to be done away with, as the vast majority of people who are saying it are probably all too keen to make easy rr when in WBs in RvR - do not cast the first stone lest ye be judged.

If 80% of the population does end up queuing for the pug-only scenario as Boz says, then I would assume changes would be reverted. Atm it seems okay though, and we'll have to wait for Fri/Sat/Sun to make accurate observations.
I would tend to agree, one pug sc is enough. But if it is not to much work for the devs, the map perhaps may change more often than once a week, to make up for the fact there is only one.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

peterthepan3

Post#68 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Theseus wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

I would tend to agree, one pug sc is enough. But if it is not to much work for the devs, the map perhaps may change more often than once a week, to make up for the fact there is only one.
Agreed, it would be boring as hell to keep it to one map permanently.

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#69 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:34 pm

I play only one map, Khaine's Embrance. Once I joined Nordenwatch and there imediatelly was Sekundus premade, so we died few times and rest time we spent in our WC waiting for end scenario because quiter ban.

Kali14
Banned

Post#70 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:40 pm

What is the point of playing PUG vs premade? None. What is the point of playing premade vs PUG? Renown and emblems for premade. Wasting time of PUG because this **** quitter ban.