Recent Topics

Ads

[IDEA] Is there a way to incorporate "PVP Seasons" into RoR?

Let's talk about... everything else
Smellybelly

Re: [IDEA] Is there a way to incorporate "PVP Seasons" into

Post#11 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Sooner or later you will probably get to claim keeps as guilds, on live there was some realm pride in that. But i doubt it will be enough since not everyone is into open rvr. I enjoy both orvr and scenarios/6vs6 but yeah...

And working toward rr80 is a goal ofc, but people stop playing when they cannot progress anymore.
Perhaps we could get new appearance options with higher rr or something considering some devs are working on that atm.

Ads
Theseus

Post#12 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Ninepaces wrote:
Theseus wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:Wow. I thought there were be more activity on this... Ok I WILL go ahead and propose a few ideas.

1) A 1-2 month long "keep take" season. leaderboards in each tier. Or maybe just T4? Each keep take awards a point. After two months, the top X players (50?) keep some special cosmetic reward or item or something...
2) A 1-2 month long SC win "season". Same idea. Top X get rewards.

I guess the only "negative" to this is it will propell many groups to want to do more organized premade SC groups that will inevitably stomp PUG groups. Might not be a BAD thing though... It also wont give much incentive to players who are more casual who wouldnt be able to compete with the die-hard players.

Could even roll these out TOGETHER giving incentive for both SC and RVR at the same time. Some players will choose to do RVR, others will do SC. I think Cosmetic rewards would be the best way to go. I dont know the DEV ability to create cosmetic items, but some awesome transmutes of gear would get MANY players wanting to play more...

I cna tell you 1 think forsure, you would see A LOT more organized play if this happened.
Nice Idea, but what for? I cant see the sense in it, such scoreboards would be nothing else than ego boosting. And if we all (myself included) do have enough of, its ego. So the need eludes me.
There is nothing wrong with competition. Without it once we finish rr80 people would lost motivation.
I dont mind competition, even if I never would really play cometitive. I just dont see, why that would be so important to devise resources to it, which would otherwise used to fix bugs or improve RvR. Its more a question of resource management than of dislike of competetive gameplay.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

th3gatekeeper

Post#13 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Theseus wrote: I dont mind competition, even if I never would really play cometitive. I just dont see, why that would be so important to devise resources to it, which would otherwise used to fix bugs or improve RvR. Its more a question of resource management than of dislike of competetive gameplay.
Just trying to think of ways to keep people interested. If people hit max RR or get tired of leveling RR (like many have posted in this thread) they stop playing. I know the DEVs dont care THAT much about people leaving or taking a break, since they will continue to produce content anyways, but it would be nice to have a solid population that plays long term. Thats what killed it for me, not MY choice but all my friends eventually stopped playing and moved on. If there was something that could keep players, you have more people involved, more testers, people playing longer, getting more invested etc. I do think it could be worth resources (depending on how much resources).

Im just trying to think what keeps players playing past 1 character they "finish" (which is a subjective term). But once someone finishes a character, some people do alts, some people quit. This is something that all popular games have to ask and the consensus among all still popular games that retain players long term are two fold:

1) new content
2) "Seasons"

#1 is limiting here in WAR since we have ALOT of the content (aside from PVE) so as far as new PVP content that will be tough. So we default back to #2 - Seasons.

This is where I think there could be some value add.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

UmmOK
Banned

Post#14 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:52 am

Some players will stay and play just for the fun of it. I left WAR only after my core group broke up and the new group was being led by some one I didn't really care for. The other motivation was the natural progression to the newest and most promising mmo coming out. I expect to see a ghost town here if and when Camelot Unchained hits the prime time.

I imagine most of us playing here need to get burned by Mr Jacobs one more time just to say we have.
Ban evasion account of Luuca

Pixie126

Post#15 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:06 am

So 3 times would be a charm? I know my husband has been watching Camelot Unchained, but does not have much hope for it as it is a Marc Jacobs project. The failures on DAoC and Warhammer do not engender faith in the man.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

seedz

Post#16 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:07 am

Since we don't have gear progression above Anni/Merc/Ruin, it does indeed feel like any kind of new incentive to keep it on with our main would be nice. While I'm not sure about how ranking/seasons would work, I'm pretty sure that the idea of a cosmetic gear gain would be a really nice thing to have and it is already discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4944&hilit=cosmetic

By the way, satues were nice too in the capitals, don't remember if they were reset regulary or not though.
..:: Seedz - IRW ::.
Ingame: Elween (SW), Seedzz (KoTBS), Seedzy (BW)

Pixie126

Post#17 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:10 am

I believe they had weekly renown gain winners and then a monthly winner.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

th3gatekeeper

Post#18 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 am

UmmOK wrote:Some players will stay and play just for the fun of it. I left WAR only after my core group broke up and the new group was being led by some one I didn't really care for. The other motivation was the natural progression to the newest and most promising mmo coming out. I expect to see a ghost town here if and when Camelot Unchained hits the prime time.

I imagine most of us playing here need to get burned by Mr Jacobs one more time just to say we have.
This is what I hope doesnt happen... So let me ask this... What do you think would keep you playing WAR? What could they release/do/announce that would stand a chance to hold your interest?
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
UmmOK
Banned

Post#19 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:13 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
UmmOK wrote:Some players will stay and play just for the fun of it. I left WAR only after my core group broke up and the new group was being led by some one I didn't really care for. The other motivation was the natural progression to the newest and most promising mmo coming out. I expect to see a ghost town here if and when Camelot Unchained hits the prime time.

This is what I hope doesn't happen... So let me ask this... What do you think would keep you playing WAR? What could they release/do/announce that would stand a chance to hold your interest?
My List of DEMANDS: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA >:}
  • Revert the nerf to Renown Gains Past RR40 to normal gains.

Revert Rending Blade back to a 360° AoE, remove the cooldown, keep it un-defendable.

Revert Discordant Fluctuation back to how it worked on release, proccing with every tick of every DoT of any magical attack.
Just Kidding. C'mon man, new girl in school, gotta give it a shot... I'm trying it at a minimum..
Ban evasion account of Luuca

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:14 pm

I can see it working for a 6v6 ladder, i.e. adding statues/seasons/scoreboard for the top 6v6 guilds. Would like to see it for ORVR equivalent too - perhaps guilds with the most successful keep attacks/defenses? If it's people then anyone who just afk keep takes could get an ego.