Recent Topics

Ads

DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Let's talk about... everything else
zabis

Re: DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Post#51 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:13 pm

blaqwar wrote:Keep in mind Prayer of Righteousness has a 5 min cooldown now. 20% run speed for 5 seconds every 5 minutes is hardly something to write home about. If anything it needs to be buffed if the Prayer is keeping it's 5 min cd.
99% of the WP's that run Prayer of Righteousness will not be swapping in/out of that prayer. So, it essentially always has a chance to proc.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
Sigimund

Post#52 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:14 pm

blaqwar wrote:
Sigimund wrote:
blaqwar wrote:Keep in mind Prayer of Righteousness has a 5 min cooldown now. 20% run speed for 5 seconds every 5 minutes is hardly something to write home about. If anything it needs to be buffed if the Prayer is keeping it's 5 min cd.
20% when the aura procs.
Wait, really? Did it use to be on activation but changed? Or did I completely misread/see wrong when it was first implemented?

Don't have a WP so I wasn't aware of how exactly it worked.
It's easy to misread the notes on this experimental mode. The first time I read the Wrath changes I was so hungover I thought Righteousness was turning into some kind of 30 second beast mode that drained all your RF.

blaqwar

Post#53 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Well this so far has been the only thing I understood wrong, mostly because I don't have a WP and it's not an obvious speed boost if you're playing on Order.

Luuca

Post#54 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Gerv wrote:Hey Lucca,

The speed buff was added as you say, because the DoK has a snare proc for 20% helping to keep in close range while the WP has nothing. No gap closer or boost at all. All other dps classes have a mobility increase or 'jump' ability.

If your having trouble keeping up with order I suggest a BO who has a 100% up-time snare. plus, you get all the added benefits of a SnB.
SUp G

Ya I kinda saw that as a sort of "equalizer". I was simply pointing out that, while I understand the WP has no real closer like the DoK is deprived of it as well, it seems overkill to me. As the only gripe about these changes from me, I'd say I'm happy with the changes. Now if I could just figure out out to survive the ranged KD focus.....

Gachimuchi

Post#55 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 am

Luuca wrote: SUp G

Ya I kinda saw that as a sort of "equalizer". I was simply pointing out that, while I understand the WP has no real closer like the DoK is deprived of it as well, it seems overkill to me. As the only gripe about these changes from me, I'd say I'm happy with the changes. Now if I could just figure out out to survive the ranged KD focus.....
RD and a guard. As far as the speed proc, DoK has potent covenants tactic, WP doesn't. 20% vs 35% to close gap is pretty huge.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Kravenous

Post#56 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Luuca wrote:Question: In the notes above, i noticed that the Warrior Priest using the Prayer of Righteousness receives a self-only 5 second speed buff whenever the WP procs Prayer of Righteousness.
First Post wrote:Prayer of Righteousness:
+ The damage inflicted by Path of Wrath skills increases based on your Righteous Fury level, to a maximum of 40%.
+ When you trigger your Prayer of Righteousness, it will increase your movement speed by 20% for 5 seconds. This will only affect you.
And yet, the DoK using Celerity has no such benefit.
As others have said, DoK has a FAR superior snare already. This doesn't even really make up for it at all, but it's better than nothing. And yes, surviving the ranged squig herder barrage is quite tricky.
Raveous - Warrior Priest
Kravenous - White Lion
Karthenax - Shadow Warrior
Numenorean - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#57 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:48 pm

removing sticky as its not longer active, when it becomes active again we might move it to sticky status again