Recent Topics

Ads

Debolster Info - Tier1,Tier2/3,Tier4,

Let's talk about... everything else
eks

Re: Debolster Info - 03/12/16 Change

Post#11 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 pm

I have concerns about this idea. First, this server appears to actually be getting a lot of new players. We see them introduce themselves on the forum and in chat, whether they're folks who played on Live and are now returning or brand new to the game because they got tired of WoW or whatever. What's it going to be like if their first RvR experience is being spawn camped on the beach by a guild of twinked-out r40s? I remember twink guilds on live being terrible.

I just thought of a possible fix for this though. Only allow debolster in Elf and Dwarf maps?

Or make it so you can turn off xp, but this makes the twink problem waaay worse. Rank 15s with tons of rr and purple gear with purple talis slotted dominating ORvR and Scenarios. Ugh, visions of the last days of live coming back.
Doutin Tomasson, Runepriest - Bitterstone Thunderers
Tomservo Rowsdower, Engineer
Roi, KotBS
Eks, Zealot

Ads
blaqwar

Post#12 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 pm

eks wrote:I have concerns about this idea. First, this server appears to actually be getting a lot of new players. We see them introduce themselves on the forum and in chat, whether they're folks who played on Live and are now returning or brand new to the game because they got tired of WoW or whatever. What's it going to be like if their first RvR experience is being spawn camped on the beach by a guild of twinked-out r40s? I remember twink guilds on live being terrible.

I just thought of a possible fix for this though. Only allow debolster in Elf and Dwarf maps?

Or make it so you can turn off xp, but this makes the twink problem waaay worse. Rank 15s with tons of rr and purple gear with purple talis slotted dominating ORvR and Scenarios. Ugh, visions of the last days of live coming back.
Similar concerns here, but I like your solution. Indeed, what if T1 debolster only worked in Elf and Dwarf? It would either make those areas have some action again or drive people away from debolstering in T1. If it works then Empire, the starting zone, would still be a "safe area" for people new to the server and serve as a buffer between them and the experienced, geared debolstered folks. On the other hand it might split the population into two and end up creating less action than before, since the debolsterers couldn't enter Nordland and we all know how averse the rest of the T1 population usually is to zone switching.

Interesting idea, I wonder if it would work and if it's worth implementing.

Dresden
Banned

Post#13 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:47 am

eks wrote:I have concerns about this idea. First, this server appears to actually be getting a lot of new players. We see them introduce themselves on the forum and in chat, whether they're folks who played on Live and are now returning or brand new to the game because they got tired of WoW or whatever. What's it going to be like if their first RvR experience is being spawn camped on the beach by a guild of twinked-out r40s? I remember twink guilds on live being terrible.

No talisman's for T1 debolster.

They'll figure it all out eventually.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dresden
Banned

Post#14 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:35 am

Glorian wrote:I think a debolstered guild could work as an alt guild.
With your main you want to get into t4 and get the big stuff.
With your alt you want to push 8 buttons and be happy. Also you try to get your lvl 11 blue gear and are done with the arms race.

Also debolstered Guilds could be good as themed Guilds. Our Averland Greatswords are a themed guild where we don't have the manpower for a full t4 wb. But as a themed t1 or t2 guild it might work.
How is that Averland Greatswords idea going? have you tried some organised foraying into T1 or T2-T3 yet?
Last edited by Dresden on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Glorian

Post#15 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 am

Problem is that I have limited playtime and the Bitterstone Thunderers are running quite good at the moment. Arthur roaming the rvr lakes every evening and such.

So currently only appearance of the Averland Greatswords was at the t1 event. That was a hell of a fun though

Dresden
Banned

Post#16 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:44 am

Glorian wrote:Problem is that I have limited playtime and the Bitterstone Thunderers are running quite good at the moment. Arthur roaming the rvr lakes every evening and such.

So currently only appearance of the Averland Greatswords was at the t1 event. That was a hell of a fun though
Well with full warbands roaming T2-T3 again the Averland Greatswords will have good sport there any time they please.

Dresden
Banned

Post#17 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:25 pm

7.20pm today: more in T3 than in T2 or T1, i'd call that progress and success!

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Dresden wrote:Image

7.20pm today: more in T3 than in T2 or T1, i'd call that progress and success!
mostly because locking a keep in t3 is quite possible compared to nigh impossible in t4
and there are less professional zergherders zerging around, makes better suited if you like smaller scale action.
t4 is horrible for small scale these days.

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#19 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:29 pm

BrownStar wrote:Will you still receive RP? For instance, if you have a a high xp alt with 8 rr, can you use this as a way to build renown in lower tiers without getting murdered in T4. I started an alt for scavenging and used him exclusively in pve for that purpose. Wanted to try to catch up with some renown.
Can we get a definitive answer on this? i've read some conflicting info and now i dunno what or what.

Dresden
Banned

Post#20 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Updated.