Recent Topics

Ads

US: What can we do?

Let's talk about... everything else
Brewzur

Re: US: What can we do?

Post#21 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm

CzarRedwall wrote: Don't you wonder what freedom tastes like?
Umm you don't think we have freedom in Canada?

For me, west coast, it's dead from about GMT-8 6:00pm to 9:00pm
The first casualty of War is the Truth.

Ads
Luuca

Post#22 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

We should all just go play on that other Warhammer Online private server that's located in the US... oh wait...

Tifereth

Post#23 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Maybe appoint, I don't know, a thin-skinned blabbering orange buffoon as head of the NA community to make RoR great again? :P
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

CzarRedwall

Post#24 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:44 pm

You're a peein' on me freedoms, lad

Dabbart

Post#25 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Tifereth wrote:Maybe appoint, I don't know, a thin-skinned blabbering orange buffoon as head of the NA community to make RoR great again? :P
I would support building a larger Gun Wall. Gotta keep those damn gobbos from gettin in...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Melehan

Post#26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Luuca wrote:
Destruction generally has zero open warbands in the lakes, mostly 5-6 groups of 5-6 man parties running around not communicating or working together in ORVR. There may be one Warband, maybe even an "open" warband (that's usually full with many sub 40 players), but even within that warband, parties and players do as they please and kind of meander around looking for (what they hope are) small skirmish opportunities and renown at any cost.

IMO it is lack of cooperation and mindset of Destruction that holds back the NA timeframe from having a full and active RVR scene. I am not advocating anything other than what the design of the game demands in ORvR - an organized 24 man group working together. Destruction has too many chiefs and not enough indians to accomplish this at this time. As such, it appears as if there's "nothing going on".
This is how it is for EU primetime on destro side as well. Many times you go into an active zone with no public warbands. Lots of 6-mans running around doing their own thing and ignoring the overall war effort. The amount of times I've gone to defend a keep when we had 40% or less AAO and only saw 7-10 people defending is ridiculous.

With respect to the NA times, we've made and formed full warbands at times. We invite people to our discord and don't get a SINGLE person joining in. Many are generally good at staying on top of the leader and following written directions, but there's usually 6-10 people running around doing their own thing. Heck, we've been guilty of the same thing occasionally if the wb lead isn't giving any direction.

I agree with you that destro doesn't seem to "get it" when it comes to voice comms and coordination. When we played GW2, our server had a public TS3 voice chat and it would fill up with pugs and 5-mans following the orders of the WvW leader.

I think something that holds NA primetime back is the big emptiness new players find once they get past T1. They go from endless back and forth farming in Festenplatz to nothing and no scenario pops. You see people pleading for groups or help in LFG chat that get ignored. We've made an effort to engage those players and help them out. Some of them become guild members that work out well. All of those new players you see running around are more likely than not a serious player back from live. Just because they're level 15 and asking for help doesn't mean they won't kick ass once they find a few friends.

blakokami

Post#27 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Last night was the best night NA has had since before the ddos some months ago. Population never dropped below 300 all night, which is a great sign imo. And some premades seem to be coming back, which is also great. Only a matter of time until some new content comes out and NA will be poppin' off again.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

sotora

Post#28 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Melehan wrote: This is how it is for EU primetime on destro side as well. Many times you go into an active zone with no public warbands. Lots of 6-mans running around doing their own thing and ignoring the overall war effort. The amount of times I've gone to defend a keep when we had 40% or less AAO and only saw 7-10 people defending is ridiculous.

With respect to the NA times, we've made and formed full warbands at times. We invite people to our discord and don't get a SINGLE person joining in. Many are generally good at staying on top of the leader and following written directions, but there's usually 6-10 people running around doing their own thing. Heck, we've been guilty of the same thing occasionally if the wb lead isn't giving any direction.
That is why many destro players and leaders have largerly given up on pug WB.

I mean how long you can endure 30-60% of WB being afk or not listening running in their own direction, guards not guarding, people charging order under oil even after being asked politely muliple times not to, players not reading or ignoring chat, not joining voice chat when asked to, leaders not fixing group compostitions, kicking afkers/trolls/idiots or generally not leading (or even better forming PUG WB and then leaving soon after) ?

Plenty of pug WB leaders from few months ago given up (or field pug WB much much rarer) and many of experienced players that used to join pug WB on occassions given on the idea too.

@up

Glad to hear postiive info that pepulation last night was great for you NA folks.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#29 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:16 am

Shill the game on whatever game forums/boards you are apart of, and make it so steam/discord whatever platforms you use show that you are in warhammer online when you are playing so it broadcasts that to anyone in your channels.

For instance I made a thread on /v/ today, I usually make one or two a week. And based off posts it probably brings this project to quite a few peoples attention, and probably a few new players everytime. And they have friends, etc...

At best it takes 5 minutes out of your day, but can go a long ways getting the word out.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

blaqwar

Post#30 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 am

Jaycub wrote:Shill the game on whatever game forums/boards you are apart of, and make it so steam/discord whatever platforms you use show that you are in warhammer online when you are playing so it broadcasts that to anyone in your channels.

For instance I made a thread on /v/ today, I usually make one or two a week. And based off posts it probably brings this project to quite a few peoples attention, and probably a few new players everytime. And they have friends, etc...

At best it takes 5 minutes out of your day, but can go a long ways getting the word out.
Perhaps this post could be highlighted in some way: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18437&p=204245#p200246