Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling is painfully slow

Let's talk about... everything else
Tinkz

Re: Leveling is painfully slow

Post#51 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 am

xenexprime wrote:It is very slow, not even the live servers were this bad. The funny thing I find reading all these posts from the people saying it isn't slow is that they tell people "then go power level" well if they power level they will be in a disadvantage when they get to T4, so why not just make it easier? Or are you all T4 people afraid of more competition?
I felt it was slower on live but that's ages ago and maybe I'm mistaken...

About the Power-leveling ... a single RvR BO Champ in T3 nets you ~8k exp (not rested, in a Party of 2 People). A complete BO in T3 has 5 Champs = 40k exp. By just circling through BO's and a little bit RVR (Keep-deffs/takes / Zonelocks) on the side you should level up (and have your RR almost on par) in a very relaxed but efficient way by the time you hit T4 (R31/RR27-31).

This is in no way magical power-leveling that puts you in a disadvantage.

If you just do PvE Quests / grind unrewarding (in terms of exp) PvE MoBs... yeah, then you are doing it wrong choose the slow way (in terms of level pace and no RR progress at all).

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#52 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Tinkz wrote:
xenexprime wrote:It is very slow, not even the live servers were this bad. The funny thing I find reading all these posts from the people saying it isn't slow is that they tell people "then go power level" well if they power level they will be in a disadvantage when they get to T4, so why not just make it easier? Or are you all T4 people afraid of more competition?

About the Power-leveling ... a single RvR BO Champ in T3 nets you ~8k exp (not rested, in a Party of 2 People). A complete BO in T3 has 5 Champs = 40k exp. By just circling through BO's and a little bit RVR (Keep-deffs/takes / Zonelocks) on the side you should level up (and have your RR almost on par) in a very relaxed but efficient way by the time you hit T4 (R31/RR27-31).

If you just do PvE Quests / grind unrewarding (in terms of exp) PvE MoBs... yeah, then you are doing it wrong choose the slow way (in terms of level pace and no RR progress at all).
It was slower on LIVE but then you had ppl running all tiers
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Zaru

Post#53 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:28 pm

aye, never underestimate the population back on live.
But I'm pretty happy that there aren't as much player as on live yet.
Since this would scale the complexity of the project into nirvana.

Though it's better to develop this project on a smaller population and to not feel disturbed about slow leveling issues.
[Ekso]
[Equilibrium]
[Valar Morghulis]

Zaruka - RP 40/7x
Zarucz - Slayer 40/6x
Zaru - Sorceress 40/4x

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#54 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:34 pm

There were not people in all tiers on live. T1 was just relatively populated in Nordland, but they were all twinks decked out in those dumbass liniments. T2/3 were ghost towns. T4 had people. Sooooo like the same here. More people perhaps, but the same distribution.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

xenexprime

Post#55 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Tinkz wrote:

That still doesn't address the problem I noted which is a PvP disadvantage when arriving at T4. Live wasn't slower, some of you seem to feel there's people in all tiers, but perhaps that is on you timezone because when I get online in the Evening NA there's barely a total of 15-20 players in T2 and about the same in T3.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#56 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:32 pm

xenexprime wrote:
Tinkz wrote:

That still doesn't address the problem I noted which is a PvP disadvantage when arriving at T4. Live wasn't slower, some of you seem to feel there's people in all tiers, but perhaps that is on you timezone because when I get online in the Evening NA there's barely a total of 15-20 players in T2 and about the same in T3.
yup as a EU player i cant say that i suffer from any of the things we are talking about in here. but sadly we cant fix NA. the only thing i can think of is fixing the server so maybe it attracts more NA players. Atm there are 190 players in T2/T3, but i guess NA is a ghost town compared to it.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#57 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm NA and I've also NOT experienced the issues mentioned in this thread. But I've already explained that AND explained step-by-step how to succeed in the combined tier but it appears to be falling on deaf ears. You can lead a player to rvr but you can't make him/her actually participate...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#58 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:12 am

Ended up fighting off a warband of Destro in T3 today, once they abandoned the tier it was an easy roll to take the other keep with ~15 players. Good leadership covered all the BO's and responded quickly to threats for the zone cap. Earned 3 ranks and renown after all was done.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#59 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:12 am

I'd play t1,2&3 if my characters had all their skills available.

Cba to do Pvp in the lower tiers when half the classes aren't even functional. Many don't have the necessary skills or tactics to be played properly, thus it feels like a waste of time.

Better off powerleveling out, getting ruin and going straight into t4
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Torneach

Post#60 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 am

wargrimnir wrote:Ended up fighting off a warband of Destro in T3 today, once they abandoned the tier it was an easy roll to take the other keep with ~15 players. Good leadership covered all the BO's and responded quickly to threats for the zone cap. Earned 3 ranks and renown after all was done.
That was a great fight today, and the zone lock tick and all the experience gained in it was absolutely worth it.

Leveling has a good pace in T2/3 in my opinion. T1 is quite dreadful though, mostly because of Nordland Syndrome.
Defensor, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Guild Leader of Resilience (USTZ)