Recent Topics

Ads

old morale gain rates (mechanics)

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: old morale gain rates (mechanics)

Post#61 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 pm

You argue from the pov of competitive 12v12+, which doesn't (nor will, imho) exist on this server. Overbearing reliance on automated abilities that can be attained simply from being in combat, and which are designed to oneshot enemies when utilised together, doesn't really say skillbased pvp to me.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#62 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:22 pm

This game was never skill based peter.

How hard is it to hit a assist button? How hard is it to punt targets? Not much skill really.

This game is and always will be who has more coordination, organization and discipline.
Call that skill if you want.

peterthepan3

Post#63 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:32 pm

Do a 6v6 against lob and tell me there's no skill involved.

footpatrol2

Post#64 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:34 pm

I have. They have good coordination, organization and discipline...I should add positioning. They have a good team.

Call all that skill if you want I guess.

This game isn't hard.

Don't worry peter. The zerg doesn't have the coordination, organization, discipline and positioning to really challenge you.

70% of the population refuses to get on comms...

Do you really think you'll be challenged? Or LoB will be challenged? You'll adapt and excel better then most. This adds another element that you should have been always worried on and another tool for you to use. This makes the game more dynamic and steals the reliance on renown rank and gear.

Do you really think zerg groups will be able to pull off morale bombs without comms? Besides keep door down bomb?
Do you see the group comps i post? Do you think zerg groups can pull them off? I don't.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tesq

Post#65 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Is right leave some space for counter play aka some window of time to "react" and not self awarness ( combat is more fun this way and less tedious)

The solution alredy used for channeling m4 is what it should be used ; channeling m4 are unterruptable All not m4 aoe morales should either be istant but dmg cutted half or either going as channeling (interruptable)

If channeling dmg should remain full as now but it should be interruptable

The aim is pretty clear; substain vs burst.

Atm m2-m3 drop is too strong because e the burst is actually a nuke for 9+ ppl.
Where nuke is way over the definitiom of burst.
Channeling fit more into the substain so as i said all morales should be split in channeling or istant.

M2 1200 channeling / 600 istant
M3 1200+ effect channeling / 600 + effect istant
M4 1800 channeling and/not effect / 1200 istant and/not effect

I dont agree for sone suggestion for moral 1 all melee can go with def m1 or off m1 they are pretty much well balanced and in ror serve nerve is slower to reach than live.

I prefer ror rates tough for mixed group, i agree with footpatrol for some love to ratial groups ( but not as live and not wit out brain)
It feel to me that it takes regardless to much from m3 to m4 so maybe the moral poll should be lowered directly.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#66 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:50 pm

If game not hard, why do Sorcs focus tanks and lose scs for Destro?

If game not hard, why do Swordmasters aoe punt entire destro group and hand out immunities like candy?

If game not hard, why do Blacktoof Clan not flip entire zones by themselves through power of most grorious racial warbandu and morare pusheru?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

footpatrol2

Post#67 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:05 pm

So you can build C-C-C-C-COMBO’S in this game similar to street fighter games where if you are able to finish your Combo’ it becomes devastating. But it requires team effort and is not based on the individual. Banners are required to achieve the correct morale gain rates which limits your movement. You can strip or diminish the effect’s of these C-C-C-C-Combo’s but it requires single target deaths to completely strip morale or apply morale drains. Players are supposed to understand the oppositions different COMBO’S and react accordingly to dealing with them.

You can watch the vid from the beginning if you want or from the place I picked.
https://youtu.be/ZshKjUwPlmI?list=PL2D2 ... F0E2&t=355

Banners and heraldry. The whole video is good.
https://youtu.be/uONfmbn6QZc?list=PL2D2 ... 50F0E2&t=9

Specifically I’d like to to point out that Jeff Hickman Executive Producer Warhammer online, said and I quote:

So this (banners) becomes kinda of the mini game of capture the flag on the battlefield where you as a friendly player are always looking for banners that you can fight around to gain bonuses from and enemy players are constantly looking for banners to try to capture.

The use of Banners are supposed to be a central part of the RvR campaign. Banners were used to capture keeps also.
Jeff hickmen also stated this:

So if you can imagine, getting ready for combat, getting your group and guild together, pulling out your banners, GROUP, AFTER GROUP, inline coming out on the battle field. Charging into combat with their colors proudly raised. Planting them in the ground, fighting back in forth in that first bloody clash of battle, capturing, taking your enemy standards and claiming them for your own. It’s the first part of RvR that leads to those great objective, keep and city battles.

What azareal tried to do with the AoE mechanic’s already exists in this game but it exists in a more dynamic and in-depth way but it requires the correct morale gain rates, and players make use of banners in RvR.

Please note: In a meta that is more based in morale damage. Gear value’s don’t matter so much. You can have permanent hard capped armor value’s and resist value’s… morale damage DOES not care about it. Which is why sov armor was an OK thing to have. Which is why Defensive morale cycle's such as mountain spirit/sprout carapace/ID/Thousand and one blessings are not that big of a deal. Morale damage is the Balancer. Morale damage from a individual player mean’s almost nothing. A team effort on morale damage mean’s everything. This game is based on who has better organization, coordination, discipline and positioning as it should in a group based pvp game.

If you have to rapidly flee an area you’ll lose your banners. This is represented in this game and on the tabletop warhammer fantasy battles. This game really mimic’s a ton of the game of the tabletop game which this game is LITERALLY based on.

Azarael

Post#68 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 pm

tl;dr: footpatrol2 wants age of reckoning morale gain rates again

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#69 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Well thats comforting.

Telen
Suspended

Post#70 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:If game not hard, why do Sorcs focus tanks and lose scs for Destro?

If game not hard, why do Swordmasters aoe punt entire destro group and hand out immunities like candy?

If game not hard, why do Blacktoof Clan not flip entire zones by themselves through power of most grorious racial warbandu and morare pusheru?
Bad players in all games. War is very simple though. If it wasnt there would have been some sort of small scale scene. There never was. Bombing, blobbing and melee trains arent what those players are looking for. Players here arent really looking for something more than live either or you wouldnt have all the mara/slayer melee trains still.