Ads

Overlord/Imperator Gear lists preview

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Overlord/Imperator Gear lists preview

Post#21 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote: competitive pvp? does such a thing even exist? I thought most boisbands specialize in farming soloers and pugs these days
and when things get "competitive", it is time to kite to nearest WC

WH has an achilles heel, that would be mobility (no charge, no pounce and snare only if you Snapshot someone who doesnt strafe, backleap 30 sec CD and mostly reserved for saving your own life) - not to mention having to face similar frontline conditions as WL or slayer but doing it without medium armour.
can the wh mechanic be nullified in under 2/3 seconds?

Wl needs the burst otherwise it offers nothing to a group. Wh has much better sustained and group utility too.

it does exist but wouldn't expect you to know :)
If you didn't yet realize, WH has a burst that happens twice a minute, if not once, due to ability CDs. WL meanwhile keeps constant pressure and when snared simply pounces to target anyway; leaving the WH behind with a bunch of snares slowing it down.
Also if you haven't noticed, every fotm-order team seems to run either with at least one WL, or in many cases 2 WLs, simply because that is current state of game "balance".

Atropik posted above a long list of why WL is the current king of DPS (and if you bring forth mara argument, yes they need to get hit by nerfbat too - the current armour debuffs are game wrecking)

If the poor WLs have it so "hard" with their 15 second pet CD, ask yourself why still every "pro-boisband" premade consists of a WL that pounces from one lowbie target to the next, hitting them with pet KD and arm debuff and pack hunt killing people left and right...

(hint, it's the same shitty game "balance" that caused live servers to lose players who kept trying on non-fotm classes until most of them quit, resulting in servers dying one by one)

as for your claims of competitive pvp, 1-2 Caledor Wood scenarios against less-fotm enemy groups per week hardly count, most of time all the boisbands just farm pugs (as is tradition in Warhammer)
nicelook wrote:Thats all about pug live, that is how it going 24/7 in rvr lakes, and not only in 6/6 CW once a week +0gmt.
honestly don't care if 6v6 was once a year, balance should always be done around competent play and not moronic pug play.

every "pro-boisband" (this supposed to be funny btw? you sound awfully hostile to 6mans - maybe you haven't had the opportunity to join one?) uses a WL because they bring the strongest armor debuff in the game, and have a very useful ranged M1 that is needed vs some ranged comps/shamans. without the armor debuff, you would not see so many - fact.

groups using 2 WLs only do that to pug farm/rvr. you would get slaughtered in a competitive fight if you used 2 x WL, but I'm sure you already knew that! :)

also most WLs in 6v6/competitive play won't be spec'd guardian, guardian is more of a 1v1/solo spec, which leads me to conclude that you just get your behind handed to you on a regular basis by WLs like Okdac and instead of trying to rectify your gameplay issues, seek to get the class nerfd :P What a surprise!

i don't want to derail from raziel's thread any more so apologies. just b/s needs to be called out.

@OT: awesome thread :) Can't wait to get SM and AM - in a year or so! =P

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#22 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 pm

I played in a fotm boisband on live for few years, it's just that roflstomping pugs and soloers with your perfect team gets pretty boring especially when the game was imbalanced horribly during the last years of live. ;)
Yet the same "competitive" pugfarming still occurs here, even though game is less imbalanced than what it was 2013. Just think how much of an "enjoyable" gaming experience your fotm groups provide to the enemy, either the WLs hack every pug they see, or if they face too many pugs to pounce/KD/kill they will just flee to nearest safe haven. And now when people who play less-fotm classes and complain about the current king of mdps, ofc a "competitive" 6man player shows up to defend why their precious WL needs that high burst (because otherwise without that godtier burst they would just be another average mdps class)

And since "competitive" fights are quite a rare occurrence, yes, running 2 WLs is very profitable because your meleetrain is hardly troubled by snares, kiters and just in case a healer is healing too much just send 2 pets to harass it.

currently preferred Order boisband setups:
-WL + WL
-WL + SW
-WL + Slayer
-WL + BW
and the rare occasional sighting of WL + WH

ofc on Destro it looks about similar with marauders being everyones favoured primary choice for mdps, they however lack some of that WL mobility even if the "poor poor" WL has to suffer the pet occasionally dying. (oh no, 15 second wait - meanwhile the WE gets to wait 1 min before next Elixir for next round of burst)

most of the rvr in this game happens in setups that vary from 1v1 to 24v24 to 100v100; it really rarely is just 6v6; so when you balance a class around 6v6 it very often leads to them also becoming very potent in smaller scale setups, which is why you have a large bunch of WLs solo roaming and wrecking most Destro dps/healers (unless the victim is heavily defensive and above average player)

okay, we are getting slightly OT, but since I cannot open threads to discuss lack of game balance, I somehow ended up venting here, sorry for my criticism of the poor and underperforming WL class that truly needs all that CC and mobility, who else is going to keep the shamans (+various other classes that may or may not exist) in check

"OP
the new gear looks awesome, I cannot wait to get 6000 new currency emblems so I can get that 10% snare, finally I might be able to hit something before it pounces away :)

Atropik

Post#23 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: honestly don't care if 6v6 was once a year, balance should always be done around competent play and not moronic pug play.
I believe, balance should be done around things that realy happen, and not around someones dreams and theories. For now we have tons of decent wls online, but not a single wh. Guess, why?
Korhill wrote: But in an competitive environment they are not. They use one WL rather because of the Armor Debuff. If WL would not have it. The Class probably would not get a spot in an competitve group.
There was a days on Live, when you had to worry about switching stances, playing a wl, what a ridiculoud things, isnt it? xd
Nicelook | Obey

th3gatekeeper

Post#24 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks for the SS guys! Havnt had a chance to check out the bonuses till now.

I dont know if they are up for some discussion, but I feel you could add some pretty cool stuff for these... and the current bonuses are kinda "meh" if they are to be considered options on the same "tier" as Dominator - which this would take the place of the 5 and 6 piece set bonuses...

For instance, replacing a "4% less inc damage" to "On Being hit: 10% chance to surround yourself with an XXX damage shield" OR, give these classes the "7% more dodge/disrupt/parry" buff as its essentially the same thing.

Or for Chosen/KOBS/BG/etc: "On Hit: 10% chance to lower your targets Parry and Block by X% for 10 seconds" so this is a debuff, more than just a "buff" to apply to yourself which is kinda "meh" IMO... Similar effect, but more fun and also party synergy! Having just a self buff makes these only really appealing for cosmetics and not really "gear options" atleast IMO.

For RDPS: "On Hit: 10% chance to lower your targets dodge/disrupt chance by X% for 10 seconds" (to replace take 4% more damage for 10 seconds). Similar effect... but more "fun"

Mara and WL frankly dont need more parry/dodge/disrupt IMO.. I like that Slayers and Choppas get this as they DO need a little more of that... I would really suggest swapping this out for maybe a CD reduction instead (similar to WP and DOK)...

Just my 2 cents.

I am VERY excited you added these. I hope the currency gets adjusted a tad as it seems like a pretty massive grind...

Kudos and Thanks! :)
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

kryss

Post#25 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

I welcome all the new content and sets, but this idea of forcing people to populate the lower tiers is not that good. You can level up in no time, get some ruin and beatlord a bit later, which is enough to appreciate the end game content..