Recent Topics

Ads

Hammerwiki Merge Notice! Need your feedback!

Let's talk about... everything else
saberslash127

Hammerwiki Merge Notice! Need your feedback!

Post#1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 am

Hey there, my name is Dante and I currently an Admin in the Warhammer wiki. If you guys don't know who me or my community are, we are the largest English-speaking Warhammer wikisite in the web right now and in collaboration with Warhammer 40k Wiki and the Spanish-speaking sites from Circle of Terra, we provide the largest collection of Warhammer lore in the web. From Tabletop armybooks to video games such as Warhammer Mark of Chaos or Vermintide, the Warhammer wiki seeks to be an umbrella for all Warhammer Fantasy related material.

As of now, we've already merged two empty Warhammer wikia sites and now are currently wishing to merge Hammerwiki with ours as well. What we wish to do is to simply transfer all the important pages from Hammerwiki and place it into our wiki via a namespace (a special seperate area specially made for Warhammer Online), that way all the Hammerwiki pages will still remain intact and can be improved upon by our staff of contributors.

Since we basically done writting down all the lore of the Warhammer universe (which our wiki mainly focused on), I am hoping to go about and adding games into our wiki as well to ensure our goals of an umbrella Wiki site can be achieved. I personally was an avid gamer in Warhammer Online, having bought the game the first year it came out and played it extensively for a year before I basically finished doing everything the game has to offer. As such, I've gotten an understanding on which pages is important enough to be transfered. If you guys don't also know, Hammerwiki right now is a mess, with alot of unfinished to plain empty article pages with little to no information on them. Due to the size of the wiki, my staff would simply be overwhelmed with the amount we have to fixed, so we decided to simply transfer the important pages into our wiki and simply do it from scratch.

As such, I would like to get you guy's feedback on what kind of pages or features you would like to be transfered to our wiki. Again, I've already gone through the process of "tagging" pages which will be transfered, and within a week or so the wiki will be closed down. Do also note that we seek specifically Warhammer Online related pages, as pages that concern the lore of Warhammer is already covered in our wiki. So please, if you guys want certain pages to be preserved that haven't already been tagged for transfer, please notify me now in this post or in my message board at Grey Knight Dante wiki profile. You can find me or my profile in the Warhammer site.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Ads
maroontom

Re: Hammerwiki Merge Notice! Need your feedback!

Post#2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 am

I don't think that this community is currently working on HammerWiki, and we have our own Wiki, RoRWiki, that is what you must ask permission for. I don't think people comtirbute to HammerWiki anymore.
Main Character:
Celekagar Rubendorff - WH - 40/70+ - Former Stirland Militia First Captain,

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am

We haven't been contributing to HammerWiki, but it's still been used for reference for lots of things. Sad to see it go down, but that's how it is for old Warhammer Online stuff. Suppose we can use internet archives if there's anything we need to find, aside from whatever you guys are saving.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Collateral

Post#4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:04 am

Hammerwiki going down? Damn that's sad. I haven't seen all the stuff on the new RoR wiki, but I hope they saved some of the things from the old wiki, cuz there was some really helpful stuff!

saberslash127

Post#5 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

No need to worry guys. As I said, we are trying our best to keep much of the important Hammerwiki content intact as possible when the merging is complete. And like wargrimnir said, if there is still something we forgot, we can still use internet archives to grab any left-behind pages and put them in our wiki.

wwright72

Post#6 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 pm

How does one go about looking at the wiki archives?
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Luth

Post#7 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Lady

Post#8 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 am

Why are all Tali and Apothecary Recipes gone? Could have served as a good base tho there have been changes and it was so helpful to get materials names to find them in ah :( Is there any chance to get the former sheets? Do we have to gather info from beginning if we want it back or is detailed information about crafting not wanted in general?
Toca/Zyan

Ads
Collateral

Post#9 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:03 am