Re: Next Magus nerf?

Post#41 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Azarael wrote:
Penril wrote:SHs are even smaller than engies. I see them like this:

- Magus: Large target
- SW/Sorcs/BW: Medium targets
- Engies: smaller than everyone except SH
- SHs: Small targets

So taking into account realm balance, you could say that Magus size compensates SH's size. If you make Magus smaller, then you should also make SHs bigger. My 2 cents.
As it stands, I think Magi need all the help they can get. They shouldn't be penalized when they're already weak, simply because Greenskins have the smallest RDPS.
Magus are not weak, at least until T4. I agree; i would play a non-disc magus if you are able to pull this off. I was just pointing out why i think Mythic never fixed it before...

Ads
Kaitanaroyr

Post#42 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:11 am

geraldtarrant wrote:Dots casted before detaunt never cancelled it.If they would it would be **** disaster.
This ^
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Kaitanaroyr

Post#43 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:16 am

Magus are not weak, at least until T4. I agree; i would play a non-disc magus if you are able to pull this off. I was just pointing out why i think Mythic never fixed it before...
Magus was never weak they nerfed it after a short while they still did more damage than an engi which is their mirror class since they use elemental damage. a engi on the other hand does a mix but the main dmg a engi puts out is physical unless you go nade spec
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Tesq

Post#44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:25 am

Penril wrote:
Luth wrote:I always thought magus first dots, then detaunts and kills you while having you detaunted. If it is like this, i'm all for a hard nerf! :geek:
Dots should stop the detaunt, no matter what class.
every attack that apply a dot or damage after detaunt should remove de-taunt
( this not apply if the hit get block, parry, dodge or disrupt)

Karast

Post#45 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 am

the whole engi vs magus thing is a bit circular, and there are a lot of factors at play.

Magi win the stat game, better damage type, and easier stat stacking, they also IMO had some better tactics, engi's have some good ones, but depending on your spec you might lose 1 for the WS tactic. Not needing WS you can go into more crit or def type gems, and it makes the ST tree much better.

But Magi lose when it comes to morales, and a few flavor skills. Engi's had 2 really good morales that Magi lacked. Keg was also great for leeching / self heal.

The biggest difference I noticed was Engi's had the size advantage. As an Engi you can hide yourself and a turret in a bush and be fairly hard to see, do some sneaky sniping. As a magus your a 10ft walking hit me sign, and the daemons are visible from across the map, making you much easier to target and focus down right away.

When DF / WF came in Magi came out ahead, since it was hard for engi's to stack enough armor pen to do much against anything medium and up, and most premades at the time was double dok, 2 tanks, and then guarded dps.

But before armor stats capped out across the board, Engi burst on everything but tanks / guarded targets with morale 2 game them the edge I'd say.

Glass cannon on glass cannon it wasn't impossible to 1 shot something on a crit snipe, which magi just couldn't do.

jonathanmurphy3

Post#46 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

^

Elemental Debuff + decent gear/procs + Bolt of Change with a Surging Violet Fire at the end of it (with WS 15% dmg applied) = a lot of instakills/finish off with IFOC. I loved that playstyle of Magus; setting up a kill. The damage was never as frontloaded as other classes, but if you were left alone for a while you could get some hellanice kills.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Cornerback

Post#47 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Yeah, high-RR magus was fun back in the days :D
Attachments
magus.jpg
magus.jpg (234.93 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

jonathanmurphy3

Post#48 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Loved those BoC/SVF crits hehe.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20

Ads
jonathanmurphy3

Post#49 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 pm

ZonderSchaduw wrote:yeah guys make a social meeting here cause u know nothing about magus hea broken for now and theres nothing more to say, take care
Why do your posts always seem to be self-depreciating in regards to the state of the Magus? It's no worse than any other class as of now, and some people can use it decently.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20

Kaori1

Post#50 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm confused, the Magus class was pretty awful on the "official" warhammer servers (esp when compared to the engi or dps casters)...at least at lvl 40. Can we not mess with balance when everyone is only lvl 12? Btw if you're gonna complain about detaunts...you might wana look into the WP class, they got an aoe one lol.

If they're abusing some glitch though...that's another story.