Recent Topics

Ads

Population

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: Population

Post#181 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 am

Didn't players scream every day that they want more incentives in t2/t3?

So devs delivered and are now guilty for giving the players what they want?

Ads
Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#182 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 am

Glorian wrote:Didn't players scream every day that they want more incentives in t2/t3?

Who did that? Your roleplaying guild?

nebelwerfer

Post#183 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am

No if glorian Wants more action he makes an event in my experience.

The merging of mid tier is though in my opinion a subprime solution, id much rather have incentives like every other / third weekend bonus rr/xp/inf in certain tiers. Seems people respond well to that, and it would be a lot easier to calculate when a tier will be busy.

Edit:
Spoiler:
perhaps with easier to aquire debolstergear(purchasable) that is competetive and less harsh caps on masterypoints would also cause bigger interest. Sry for ranting, had a brainstorm. Hehe. Not the greatest thread anyway.

Glorian

Post#184 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:04 am

Stickzy wrote:
Glorian wrote:Didn't players scream every day that they want more incentives in t2/t3?

Who did that? Your roleplaying guild?
Maybe I was a little to comprised in my answer.

People: I need easy XP to get through t2/t3 to get to t4.

Devs: Play the game and just not skip middle tier. Then you will have knowledge and Renown in T4.

Players: t2/t3 is boooooring and empty.

Devs: Here, take these quests to get super cool Renown potions and emperor gear when you are in t4. And play SCs to get double the xp from these quests.

I don't call that obsession but fulfilling customer needs without handing out free stuff.

Oldschool

Post#185 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am

Why we Need incentives? We Need more PvP and not Entertainment. Entertainment Comes with a good PvP. A good PvP starts when both sides are more or less equal in numbers, what is not the case in T2/T3. Order is outnumbered alot. 3:1 Destro vs Order is the most common Standar there. And we see more and more lvl 40 RR XX Destros debolstering to come to Play T2/T3.... not much fun in T4 eh?
There are alot of things what should be managed, but Entertainment stuff is not the Point.
There should be a massive Bonus to the outnumbered Players.
Not a Renown Bonus, it should be a Bonus what helps to fight. Like double wounds or whatever...
Another Point, the Keep Lord in T2/T3 Needs a massive upgrade. They die much tooo easy.
And we Need a much better class Balance. See the shamy and AM discussion, and ist true, AMs and Shamys are too strong. This is just one Point of alot more in the class Balance.
But one Thing never should be: a class what easily can survive and kill in the same context like a DD or much better, cause of there range.
There are classes who Needs a push, like WE and WH for example and otheres who Needs a bit scaling, like WLs and Shamy/AM.
So Class Balance is another big Point.

Question is: Why People Play T1 so much? WIth so much love? and not T4?
My answer to this is: They love the pure contest without such a bunch of skills what you get until and in T4.
Ist much more fun in T1, cause you die not so often and formost not so fast like in T4.
You have much more to fight as a melee class and not get shot/cast down so fast like in T4.

T1 is the mother of WAR.

If you ask me what to do? Cut T4 and have T3 instead as playground. Much more People if you see T4 and T2/T3 together. Open T4 maps for T3.
Not Stretch the game like the stuff is doing all the time, new sets here and there, more farming stuff for the farmers, nothing for the hunters....

If I have not much time to Play, I will never start RoR cause you Need time to Play and achive your sets and medals etc.
Make RoR easy for everybody. The farmers will not leave, cause they have nothing else to do, let them farm pots or talis, not Sets.
But the bunch of People are not farmers, they want to Play in the time they log in, not starting with learning Talisman or making Pots.

Another Point: cut the travel costs. Ist boring if you have to farm NPC for getting enough Money to spend your playing time for traveling costs for running around to find the Action in open pvp Needs to fly. But there is no reason to pay for this.

In pvp only there is not enough Money what Comes out to pay travel costs, potions and Talismans !!! This should not be! It must be normal for a PvP Player to get enough Money to buy this stuff without farming NPCs for hours and hours.....
If the Farmers want to have there Ebay Buisiness in RoR they can have, but give a official Option to buy Talismans and Potions from a merchand Trader for a normal Price what a PVP only Player can spend!!!

dansari

Post#186 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Glorian wrote:People: I need easy XP to get through t2/t3 to get to t4.

Devs: Play the game and just not skip middle tier. Then you will have knowledge and Renown in T4.

Players: t2/t3 is boooooring and empty.

Devs: Here, take these quests to get super cool Renown potions and emperor gear when you are in t4. And play SCs to get double the xp from these quests.
That's exactly what happened, and people wonder why the devs get frustrated at the playerbase sometimes. No, you shouldn't get "double wounds" for having aao; you should play around the blob of zerg in T3 to cash in on that sweet, sweet renown/inf bonus. Unfortunately it's normally whining and complaining that seem to have the loudest voice on the forums sometimes, and even when given carrots (mind you, carrots that you may need to play a while to obtain, but cool nonetheless), the whining continues. It's exhausting.
<Salt Factory>

freshour
Banned

Post#187 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Imagine how sweet it would be if you could Q for SC's while debolstered? I mean technically you have less RR than is the maximum in T3. The only advantage is that some of the debolstered people have all the influence items already and can wear a solid set of gear.

A lot of the complaints in regards to debolster being OP is just ignorance. T3 gets so much action on destro mostly because RVR was terrible if one of the main WB's weren't on, so rather than constantly get farmed at the chance of maybe 1 purple bag, they went down to t3 where they can actually win.

Regardless of if that is true or not, that is the reply I have been given when I ask people why they are in T3. That, and they say it is "fun" - which is always a good thing!

Kali14
Banned

Post#188 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Access to the forum was hindered much earlier, yet when Microsoft supported Windows XP so it is not a fault that someone has older computer just this site.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#189 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Hell there are 1031513518305415 games that you cant play with older pcs .... .
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

ragafury

Post#190 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm

if somebody is looking for a definition of "derailment".

tip:
Spoiler:
read above!
Awnsers are already combined in this thread.

1. summertime sadness
2. lack of new content / repetive content / RvR not "meaningfull" enough
3. RvR gear which is hard to archieve, demotivating if you are not playing organized / "puggish"
4. to some degree perhabs "single bans", don't need detail this I think
5. BL disabled which hinders a lot of toons to get there stuff / so no PvE atm.
6. T4 campaign slowed down with "mini rework" (but keeplord is way cooler now!), so more dead and even more time consuming
7. splitting pop to T3, but this will stop at somepoint when everybody got his stuff, still, always ppl missing in T4 which are otherwise there
8. no event atm. active so game is really "default" atm.
9. ppl perhabs waiting for gear shortcuts / new stuff to get back to game cause they decided to not attend the farm marathon
10. some guilds split up
11. endless sc grinds
12. ppl are pissed because balance
13. muh 6 man, but nobody plays 6 man, so EC CW dead, last players who played that are pissed cause no pops
14. windows xp of course
15. lack of new players, so fluctuation which can't get compensated fast cause niche game
16. dungeon / city sieges / fortress / lotd, #when?

do I need to continue?

is it bad for me, nope.
in general for the server pop, yep.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---