Recent Topics

Ads

Order: Tank discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
Haojin

Re: Order: Tank discussion

Post#101 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:11 pm

altharion1 wrote:When destro quite obviously has a better meta group than order, yet people want to nerf the only minor advantage order has? WatDafaq?
:lol:
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Amidala
Former Staff

Post#102 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:kotbs is THE tank that every group needs, the IB and SM vying for the offtank position. It provides too much (passive toughness/str/res/ap auras, aoe snare, +% crit and heal crit, long KB, stagger, vigilance, etc) to not have as a main tank.

That said, IB can spec to be more 'tanky' (in the conventional sense) - but doesn't offer the same group-wide benefits, being more of a duo/buddy tank.
back to the topic
This is a good answer to chose an order tank
Personally i have a SnB SM and I can't find a right place in groups. kotbs is better for tactics and buffs. Also SnB SM is not tanky as an IB
So if you wanna join in every groups also random kotbs is the way! We need knights a lot!

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

ToXoS

Post#103 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm

I guess you all remember that Torque had created a WoDS mirror for BG.

Considering how tanky a BG can already get (even 2H with the right spec), would it not be more fair to give that kind of ability to the 2H BO, which is the less tanky of all 2H tanks?

Ofc remember that I have no idea if that kind of changes are still planned by Torque.
I'm not sure if I would want that ability to be mirrored for destro anyway.
I mean, WoDS is clearly effective and really easy to use, having no CD or stance restriction.
But it makes the 2H SM unique amongst 2H tanks and I don't want that to vanish.

hacbjr

Post#104 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Amidala wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:kotbs is THE tank that every group needs, the IB and SM vying for the offtank position. It provides too much (passive toughness/str/res/ap auras, aoe snare, +% crit and heal crit, long KB, stagger, vigilance, etc) to not have as a main tank.

That said, IB can spec to be more 'tanky' (in the conventional sense) - but doesn't offer the same group-wide benefits, being more of a duo/buddy tank.
back to the topic
This is a good answer to chose an order tank
Personally i have a SnB SM and I can't find a right place in groups. kotbs is better for tactics and buffs. Also SnB SM is not tanky as an IB
So if you wanna join in every groups also random kotbs is the way! We need knights a lot!
ive saw ppl bringing SM with SnB and doing pretty well, whats your chance to be crit? which tatics do you slot?. Every decent group brings a Kobs/Chosen because of the passive buffs and easy access to CC's and ofc Kobs/Chosen are the easiest tank to play you can just stack buffs and run like a guardbot, at least on live you had to press a single button to rotate buffs ( with twister), still better than stack buffs, and peter is right about IB, still if you wanna just be pure a tank you can do that with SM, ya just need to right spec and gear.
Last edited by hacbjr on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shaggyboomboom

Post#105 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:25 pm

and there I was thinking this is a discussion about order tanks. Seems I was wrong.

blavk

Post#106 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:40 pm

shaggyboomboom

Post#107 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 pm

blavk wrote:Image
my boy

Tesq

Post#108 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 am

To make it easy 2h tank on order side are better because they have specific tool for which destru dont or are nerfed.

Especially SM overr discussed channeling waall of darting steel is a lot better than bo version

- no snare
-parry/dodge/disrupt better than block cuz 2/3 are 360 degree and you can turn and run
- is also a base skill it dosen't require spec into a mastery

Kobs can spec both set up both with his specific tool , 2h have an indirect advantage in aoe snare over s+b tank so is all pretty nice to play

Definetly worth more go 2h on order side. 2h bg snare badder than ib, kobs even s+b., So you can give it definetly a try

Ads
Penril

Post#109 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 pm

But 2H Chosen look badass.

Also, lol at a Chosen complaining about SM. In fact, lol at most people complaining about SMs. The only thing i would look at is their double spirit debuff, but mostly because resists seems to be completely useless in this game (with 1k Corp/Ele resists a BW still crits my BO for 800). Maybe we could increase the resist cap to 50 or even 60%?

And this is coming from someone who mostly plays sorc these days.

TenTonHammer

Post#110 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Tesq wrote: Definetly worth more go 2h on order side. 2h bg snare badder than ib, kobs even s+b., So you can give it definetly a try

Out of curiosity do you know if wave of scorn is mitigated only by toughness just like earth shatter?