Recent Topics

Ads

(Engineer) What more do you need!

Let's talk about... everything else
Athergic

(Engineer) What more do you need!

Post#1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:37 am

I think its nuts, that a class has so much utility, group support, and damage all in one package.

A 40 percent damage buff is crazy I think, paired with resist buffs and other interesting group support abilities. why do they do so much damage as well?

I don't know any magus that can sit and tank 6 mans with a guard. Idk if any have tried, or if there is any value to the build either.

when you can do almost everything, what more do you need?

more damage, more support, more utility?

from my understanding, they don't shine in one particular aspect of the game, that being 6 mans. So what, not everything is preferred or should be the same. some classes should be better at other things.

Final what I think is a point in my case lol. Runepriest and Zealot have a ritual/ruin which is a core part of the classes, that isn't even on par with bugmans best. legit healer/support classes have one of their core abilities outshined by a what I think is a support/dps. The rituals stack, but so do bugmans and ruins for rune priest.

Which I think is cool and all, but it makes sense that dwarfs work well together. but the magus is left with out a strong group utility ability, and found lacking in many other departments, compared to the engineer IN MY OPINION, do not know enough about either class.

Help me out here, what am I missing, what is wrong? Do you think engineer is a little to much right now like me?

TLDR: Salty player has hard time with engineers, bitching ensues. Easy going guy here, And generally confused, hope I wasn't sounding super negative :D LOVE YOU ALL, even ugly stuntiez
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Zizzelfizz

Re: (Engineer) What more do you need!

Post#2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 am

Engineer Whine Thread Number 1111. I can not see it anymore. But most of all, it would be some people if they could the opponent onehitten, then feel good. Sorry, but learn your class to play or even play an engineer if he is so Imbalanced.

Mcgotrek

Post#3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:12 am

Feel free to pm me if you need advice on how to kill an engi
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:33 am

What all you listed is nothing special, all the rdps are overperforming, it just happens that engineer is the easier pug rdps, followed by SH then SW

Jaycub

Post#5 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:40 am

It the best PUG class in the game, but balancing the class around PUG play is terrible game design.

Magus and Engineer need to be experimented with further until they find themselves actually picked up by organized groups.

SW/SH are picked up for the healdebuff and all around good damage/survive. BW/Sorc are picked up for the huge damage. Engineer/Magus need to carve out a niche elsewhere, if you try to make them viable by increasing damage you end up in a situation where no one will play sorc/bw over them, same thing with healdebuff.

Pre CC nerf they were utility/CC machines, but in an environment with huge immunity timers having all that stuff is pretty meaningless most of the time. Live devs then added dmg stacks as a bandaid fix but never actually fixed the class. Devs here took it further and tacked on utility to pets which is in the right direction, but imo still short of finding what's needed.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

tazdingo

Post#6 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:24 am

engi isn't OP, it's just easy

flatfoot1987

Post#7 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:01 am

Engineer performance makes me want to ritually delete my magus because rolling one instead of a gun wielding stuntie was a dreaded mistake.

Edit: I'm not saying they're OP. It just feels like they're good and in a decent place nowadays.
Last edited by flatfoot1987 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Glorian

Post#8 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:51 am

Athergic wrote: ...
I don't know any magus that can sit and tank 6 mans with a guard. Idk if any have tried, or if there is any value to the build either.
There isn't one Engi you are talking about who can do all the stuff you are talking about.

I'm Armor Engi with Flame Turret. With Talis, Jewels Set, Armor Pot, Buff and Tactic I can reach 3600 Armor.
That is all nice and well and I can survive vs 2 Tanks at a Flag.
At the same Time I cant hit anything above 50 feets away. Meaning Destro Heals and Rdps are save from me.
Also at the same Time I have Balistik skill 416. Meaning I do like NO DAMAGE at all.

The other Engi that is shooting at Healers and killing them is the Kegsniper with an Armor of 1600 and BS of 1000.
He melts instantly if focused by Sorcs or SH or 2 Tanks. Especially if he set up a Gunturret which explodes almost instantly.

True, two engies can party up as a Duo and Focus Fire Squishy Targets to death.

SH, SW can do the same while running backwards.

Sorcs/BW can do it with half a rotation.

Two Magi can melt Tanks.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 am

The sort of engineers you talk about, i.e. the heal regen deftards, only shine in pug scenarios against people who don't know how to deal with them.

Punt their tank, punt them, kill the turret so he can't disrupt/dodge ranged DPS, etc.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:18 pm

I've seen so e engineers do so e nice damage but not under any conditions I wouldn't expect it from them. A 1400 gun blast is nasty in pug but won't ever happen in group play.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-