Ads

Ursine Domina

Let's talk about... everything else
Manatikik

Re: Ursine Domina

Post#41 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
Hargrim wrote:There is no special mechanic on boss that recognize dots. Love them tinfoil theories.
Think it's more into the strategy vs bosses that heal on inc damage through an enchant/blessing/debuff on group that it's easier as a dps to stop attacking so your group member in charge of removing/cleansing (if they are a little slower on the reaction) has some wiggle room and your dots don't keep healing it.
They don't do that either.
Huh, guess we're just idiots then who lucked out on the bosses. Coulda sworn kyriea sek or xaphan had something like that.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#42 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Manatikik wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
Think it's more into the strategy vs bosses that heal on inc damage through an enchant/blessing/debuff on group that it's easier as a dps to stop attacking so your group member in charge of removing/cleansing (if they are a little slower on the reaction) has some wiggle room and your dots don't keep healing it.
They don't do that either.
Huh, guess we're just idiots then who lucked out on the bosses. Coulda sworn kyriea sek or xaphan had something like that.
Xaphan has a damage reflect fire shield, but it's not tied to any healing.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Collateral

Post#43 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Seriously we never really understood any boss either then lol. Always thought some of them had something to do with dots, but apparently not. I guess the majority of players totally suck at pve since there is no real content to practice on.

Hopefully dungeons will change that (2 weeks tm).

Coma

Post#44 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Collateral wrote:Seriously we never really understood any boss either then lol. Always thought some of them had something to do with dots, but apparently not. I guess the majority of players totally suck at pve since there is no real content to practice on.

Hopefully dungeons will change that (2 weeks tm).
based on my expierence here... YES the avarage player of RoR REALLY suck at PvE...
I've seen:
Tank beliving they could tank in dps gear AND build
Tank keeping bosses facing the party
Tank using guard on RDPS to generate aggro (on boss that deal PB damage and so the RDPS was obviously out of guard range)
Healers that din't know how their UI signaled them conditions on party members
Healers that just mindlessy spammed aoe heal with only one party member being damage (and no they weren't DoK/WP)
MDPS hitting bosses from the front (hello parry ^^')
MDPS/RDPS using detaunt, and breaking it the next second (and no... it wasn't broken by prexisting DoT but by direct attacks ^^')
Gerelar RANDOM use of CC (lot of people are still not clear on how immunity works ^^')

and much... much more...

PS: if ToVL opened tomorrow IMHO half the server (only accounting those that actualy have decent gear not the newby) will probably come to the forum cring that they are unable to pass the first boss...

Hargrim
Developer

Post#45 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Collateral wrote:Hopefully dungeons will change that (2 weeks tm).
I aim at 1.5 week tho.

Manatikik

Post#46 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Collateral wrote:Hopefully dungeons will change that (2 weeks tm).
I aim at 1.5 week tho.

DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS HARG
<Montague><Capulet>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#47 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Coma wrote:PS: if ToVL opened tomorrow IMHO half the server (only accounting those that actualy have decent gear not the newby) will probably come to the forum cring that they are unable to pass the first boss...
This is our aim with first instance :).

Manatikik

Post#48 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Coma wrote:PS: if ToVL opened tomorrow IMHO half the server (only accounting those that actualy have decent gear not the newby) will probably come to the forum cring that they are unable to pass the first boss...
Will bosses require certain classes to kill or is it going to be pretty open and fluid for party builds?
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Jbz

Post#49 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Will bosses require certain classes to kill or is it going to be pretty open and fluid for party builds?
It will require competent players not certain classes, like everything in this game....

Hargrim
Developer

Post#50 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Join us on dev with testing and test yourself :P.