Recent Topics

Ads

Let's talk: what would make YOU want to group?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Let's talk: what would make YOU want to group?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm

A lot of people play the game solo, and don't seem to want/feel the need to join groups or warbands. Sure, you'll join if you have to, e.g. pug warbands to take a zone, someone needs a healer or DPS for a beastlord boss, etc. But you never really feel the urge to either join, or form, a group or warband.

It is my belief that this game needs more leadership and group play. We need more people feeling encouraged to lead the charge, actively looking to form brotherhoods and parties, with the desire to both hone and develop their skills in group/WB combat.

Perhaps you play solo due to time constraints, perhaps you simply prefer to play on your own. These are perfectly acceptable reasons to either not wanting to, or not being able to, group.

However, to these people I ask the following: what would make you more inclined to both join and form groups? What incentives do you feel would help promote groupplay? Why do you not group up at the moment: time issues? Are you dissuaded from forming groups because it involves a lot of time and focus? Or, simply, do you just prefer to relax when you play? How could we go about getting people talking to one another, eager to form groups?

The intent of this thread is sincere. I would love to hear from people - both pugs and group players alike - so that we can have a positive discourse concerning group play (and reasons why people don't choose to group). Hopefully, with everything out on the table, we could move towards something.

tldr; tell us why you don't group, and what would make you want to group

Ads
Haojin

Re: Let's talk: what would make YOU want to group?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 pm

get /w from you to make 6v6. it's a great motivation and source of offend.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm lazy. :D

I need to be handheld by proper leaders who will lead me to glory and bloodshed and victory.
And even then, you need good enemies to fight or it becomes boring farmfest.

And I hate being in pug wbs with passion, bunch of headless chickens running around, the game has few good pug leaders, but even then they have hard time whipping the ranks into shape.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I group up with my guildies for roaming and scenarios, when I hit the lakes I usually join pug warband (I enjoy the challenge). As for in-game rewards for it.. Increased inf and renown gain plus bigger survivability and res rotations; with good warband leader this means lots of fun and tons of renown across two-three zones.

Solo is good for small-scale roaming and duels or when there's simply too little time. Or in between scenarios, testing new builds.. Grouping up in Warhammer is not a necessity, but whole game is built around it and it shows in skills, tactics and lvling curve.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Group/player search requests in /lfg channel are more or less ignored by most players. Asking 1-2 hours without a response is demotivating to say the least.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Sulorie wrote:Group/player search requests in /lfg channel are more or less ignored by most players. Asking 1-2 hours without a response is demotivating to say the least.
Which begs the question: why do people ignore such requests? Why do some people prefer to play alone in, say, scenarios?

I have seen many people in scenarios that could play in a group (and, thus, maximise their emblems p/hour), but prefer to queue solo for 1/2 hours, taking many losses as well as wins.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 pm

For me it's a 2 fold issue

When you group up with people your expected to bring your a game and all that and that puts on an additional level of pressure and obligation

RoR is not such a game for me to approach so seriously and doing so would defeat the major reason I even play which is escapeism and relaxation

Secondly time commitment, my schedule and play times are really erratic due to irl circumstances so a group couldn't consistently count on me to be preset if they needed me

After getting kicked my my last "organized play" guild for being inactive for a long time due to irl curcumstances I feel It's not worth it to try joing another one

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:59 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:For me it's a 2 fold issue

When you group up with people your expected to bring your a game and all that and that puts on an additional level of pressure and obligation

RoR is not such a game for me to approach so seriously and doing so would defeat the major reason I even play which is escapeism and relaxation

Secondly time commitment, my schedule and play times are really erratic due to irl circumstances so a group couldn't consistently count on me to be preset if they needed me

After getting kicked my my last "organized play" guild for being inactive for a long time due to irl curcumstances I feel It's not worth it to try joing another one

Hmm, I hear you man.

What about trying to make your own guild that caters to people with similarly erratic time schedules/irl aggro? Straight from the get-go, you would at least have that binding you together :)

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 pm

I am a casual player who plays to chill out after work.
I have a missis and a seven year old daughter sobI have no time for drama. I find organised groups can be a bit overly dramatic with people complaining and frustrations overflowing. Not just here, it's an issue in all games.

I am happiest left to my own devices pugging and solo roaming. I intend to join my guild's warband days when time allows, if nothing else to yell out Khazalid warcries and go full Dwarf. Roleplay is a thing for me.
Alea iacta est

Acidic

Post#10 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Two Biggest issue I have playing in a group

A) group leased is afk, weak, indecisive and/ or can't control his group
B) group that runs from a fight, rather have a good fight and lose than run.