Recent Topics

Ads

t4 pug scenarios are unplayable for destruction

Let's talk about... everything else
Avici

t4 pug scenarios are unplayable for destruction

Post#1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:10 pm

In the last 3 days I've won maybe 5 games of 100. I don't get any renown, don't get xp, don't get medallions. It seems that destruction classes are much weaker that order classes. Or maybe there's another reason, i don't know. Anyway, it's just so unbalanced and frustrating.

Ads
Zegota

Re: t4 pug scenarios are unplayable for destruction

Post#2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Whining for 2 hours ingame wasn't enough?

Avici

Post#3 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Zegota wrote:Whining for 2 hours ingame wasn't enough?
No, not nearly.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:39 pm

join a group otherwise you literally have 0 reason to complain

Avici

Post#5 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:join a group otherwise you literally have 0 reason to complain
Which part of "pug scene" sentence you don't understand?

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 pm

Avici wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:join a group otherwise you literally have 0 reason to complain
the part where you knowingly queue for a pug scenario (which, by its nature, is an unpredictable assortment of classes and archetypes) and get flabbergasted when you lose due to bad class composition/players.

Avici

Post#7 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Avici wrote:
the part where you knowingly queue for a pug scenario (which, by its nature, is an unpredictable assortment of classes and archetypes) and get flabbergasted when you lose due to bad class composition/players.
Oh no, the problem isn't that it's unpredictable. Quite opposite, you can easily predict that the next scene will end up in a lose, just as 100 scenes before it.

Zegota

Post#8 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm

He's a r34 2h dps bg in t3 sc gear btw

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 pm

ever consider that maybe you are the reason your team is constantly losing?

Darrell

Post#10 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:55 pm

I don't know enough about the game to really comment on how Destro classes perform versus Order classes. I know that, if it were a case of Order classes simply being -better- in every way then Destro wouldn't be winning any premade fights either. Or any 6v6. Or any Open RvR. I haven't heard anything about that being the case, so I'll assume that there are no horrible imbalances between the different realms.

However, I do understand the frustration. I've played a few T4 destro pug scenarios the last week or so, for a couple of hours a night. I can't tell you exactly how many I played, but between my Marauder (now 40/28 or so) and my Witch Elf (37/35), I have not won a single one of those scenarios. Why is that?

Perhaps you could make an argument that Order classes may be more pug friendly in some way. You could argue that the general bias towards ranged combat for Order may be more pug friendly. Again, I don't have enough game knowledge to say. I also haven't really paid much attention to the general composition of the Order teams we've played against to tell you exactly what the ranged:melee ratio is for them.

But, I do know that not winning the scenario is, at least partially, my own fault. I'm still struggling to know what abilities to push and when. My gear is bad. My meta strategy is usually pretty poor because I tend to get too much tunnel vision rather than knowing when to switch targets or pull back from an engagement. I struggle to decide which person around me should be my priority target. Sometimes I forget to switch out my tactics from my PvE set. For my WE, I'll forget to switch my kisses to one appropriate for my target. For my Marauder, I don't really know when I should be switching to Monstrosity stance for increased survival. I know all these things, which is why I don't get upset at anyone other than myself when we lose the scenario. I know that, regardless of all other factors, -I- could have played better and given my team a better chance, or the other team more of a challenge.

Rather than bemoaning some kind of inherent imbalance towards Order careers, or Destro pugs being in general less reliably somehow, I encourage you to take a look at your own play and analyze it honestly. How much of the frustration is because of mistakes on your own part? If your play is perfect and you're doing the best you possibly could be, then that's all a person can really strive for in this game. But, if you play perfectly then you shouldn't have to worry about pugging at all because I'm sure plenty of groups would be happy to have you.

Obviously, one person cannot win nor lose a scenario on their own. On the other hand, their own play is the only thing that person can reliably affect and change, so that should be the main focus for players in general, I think.