Cant't win, won't play

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: Cant't win, won't play

Post#71 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

So we should further dissuade people from playing the game as intended just to appease players who insist on playing like Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck? You obviously don't give a crap about the calibre of PvP in this game, do ya? =D
I've always taken issue with that whole "play as intended" line.

Played from the start of live, was always a game that catered to various playstyles.
Funny, then, that you should advocate prohibiting premades from joining scenarios then, ain't it?

Grouping/warbanding it up is playing the game as it was intended. There are a plethora of things in the game that point to this. It's incredibly obvious.

At the end of the day...you can AVOID BEING FARMED BY PREMADES BY QUEUING FOR THE PUG SC. it is that simple. But when you call for punitive measures against groups for the 'crime' of playing together in scenarios, that does nothing but expose you as the egotistical solo player you are.
Go through the pages and show me making any such comments.

My issue was afk players. the pug v premade thing was brought up by other players. read my opening post for crying out loud
Alea iacta est

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#72 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Mixed you up with the other guy, my bad mate.

Darosh
Banned

Post#73 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm

witchdoctor wrote: [...]
Specialy in Pug Sc's dont trust your healers and tanks, if you have guard, most of the time they just pushed the wrong button. And even if they didnt, they think Guardrange is something you can order at KFC.
[...]
Dat feel...
Spoiler:

Fallenkezef

Post#74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Mixed you up with the salty guy, my bad mate.
All good.

I have no issue with premades. I ran a three man last night with some guildmates and i run solo. If i run into a premade i suck it up and do my best.

I have an issue with "hardcore" players dictating what people should or should not do but they are what they are but my biggest beef is the afk players who just give up unless they can get an easy win.
Alea iacta est

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#75 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

So we should further dissuade people from playing the game as intended just to appease players who insist on playing like Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck? You obviously don't give a crap about the calibre of PvP in this game, do ya? =D

Played from the start of live, was always a game that catered to various playstyles.
Funny, then, that you should advocate prohibiting premades from joining scenarios, ain't it?

Grouping/warbanding it up is playing the game as it was intended. There are a plethora of things in the game that point to this. It's incredibly obvious.

At the end of the day...you can AVOID BEING FARMED BY PREMADES BY QUEUING FOR THE PUG SC. it is that simple. But when you call for punitive measures against groups for the 'crime' of playing together in scenarios, that does nothing but expose you as the egotistical solo player you are.

People group up for fun and, yes, to maximise their chances of winning. Why should that be discouraged/spit upon because players such as yourself insist on being a solo player in an MMO? Ain't there FPS and RTS games for that kinda mentality?

Protip:whenever you attribute 'farming premades/elitism/the 1%' with people forming a 6man, it gives the game away and reveals your bias. If you honestly think forming a group in Warhammer Online equates to elitism, then you have never experienced elitism.

Your attitude is totally negative and provides no solution to the issue, simply because sitting from a premade point of view in your eyes there is no issue. No one is calling for punitive measures against grouping up, how did you draw this conclusion?
People are asking for OPTIONS to not hinder any of the two, if by taking punitive measure you mean not allowing premades to farm pugs well than it is clear to me what kind of player you are and I have no further argument.

Why would you be against allowing pugs vs pugs and premades vs premades?
The logical and obvious reason would be : ''Because i want to hit rr80+full gear by farming noobs following the path of least resistance''.

As stated many many times, the people that come to the forums are but a very small % of the player base, from this we can deduct that only a very small % of said player base is even aware that there is 1 (Read : ONE) rotating Sc used for solo play.

Here what reality looks like : Random jhon comes home from a long day at work, has dinner with his family, sits down to play for a couple of hours. Logs into the game, hits ''SIGN UP FOR ALL SCENARIOS'', not knowing that only one is for Pugs like him.
Jhonny spends the next 2 hours getting farmed by ''1337 h4k4z0rs'' .

Solution : Separate ''JOIN ALL SOLO'' from '' JOIN ALL PREMADE '' , monitor those who think they are smart enough to kekekek and join solo into a 9 man premade of the same guild telling eachother on discord ''I GOT POP'' so that they can continue farming Pugs.

If the entire problem boils down to : We want to fight pugs because real premades stomp us, well than that's an entire different beast.
Last edited by Hardkoar on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axerker

Post#76 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm

I just wanna hit people and stand on nodes til I die - tactically.

Premade or solo, don't matter to me. Just here for the ride and hope I win (and getting irritated when there are people on my team who are the reason we have no chance of winning, and admittedly glad when there are people on the other team who are ruining the chances of the other team's victory - I go for them nonstop, as I would expect from them).

PS: This is not meant to answer, add, or start any arguments. I just wanna kill crap. Tactically. :)

peterthepan3

Post#77 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Oh man, shows how little you know me. If anyone was ever an advocate for premade vs premade, it was me.

The thing is it's stated when you enter the game what the current pug scenario is....it's on the forums...people talk about it in /3 and you can simply ask in /advice...how hard must this be? You have a pug scenario, the rest of them are fair game...how much further must we bend backwards before you deem it sufficient?
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theseus

Post#78 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:

Funny, then, that you should advocate prohibiting premades from joining scenarios, ain't it?

People group up for fun and, yes, to maximise their chances of winning. Why should that be discouraged/spit upon because players such as yourself insist on being a solo player in an MMO? Ain't there FPS and RTS games for that kinda mentality?

Protip:whenever you attribute 'farming premades/elitism/the 1%' with people forming a 6man, it gives the game away and reveals your bias. If you honestly think forming a group in Warhammer Online equates to elitism, then you have never experienced elitism.

Your attitude is totally negative and provides no solution to the issue, simply because sitting from a premade point of view in your eyes there is no issue.

Why would you be against allowing pugs vs pugs and premades vs premades?
The logical and obvious reason would be : ''Because i want to hit rr80+full gear by farming noobs following the path of least resistance''.

As stated many many times, the people that come to the forums are but a very small % of the player base, from this we can deduct that only a very small % of said player base is even aware that there is 1 (Read : ONE) rotating Sc used for solo play.

Here what reality looks like : Random jhon comes home from a long day at work, has dinner with his family, sits down to play for a couple of hours. Logs into the game, hits ''SIGN UP FOR ALL SCENARIOS'', not knowing that only one is for Pugs like him.
Jhonny spends the next 2 hours getting farmed by ''1337 h4k4z0rs'' .

Solution : Separate ''JOIN ALL SOLO'' from '' JOIN ALL PREMADE '' , monitor those who think they are smart enough to kekekek and join solo into a 9 man premade of the same guild telling eachother on discord ''I GOT POP'' so that they can continue farming Pugs.

If the entire problem boils down to : We want to fight pugs because real premades stomp us, well than that's an entire different beast.
Wow, I had more than one disagreement with peterthepan, but not even I would have thought of implying he wants to take the way of least resistance. Yeah he is the king of elitist, but belief me, he lives up to his own standards.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
Axerker

Post#79 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Oh man, shows how little you know me. If anyone was ever an advocate for premade vs premade, it was me.
Aight, not to get involved with the quarrel, but your signature does literally say "F- premades, pugs for life.", lol.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#80 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: The thing is it's stated when you enter the game what the current pug scenario is....it's on the forums...people talk about it in /3 and you can simply ask in /advice...how hard must this be? You have a pug scenario, the rest of them are fair game...how much fairer must it be?
If you have played in pug Sc's , as I am sure at one point you must've, than you are well aware of the quality of players that you might encounter. Those players can barely find their mouse pointer, let alone comprehend what a premade is, what a pug is , or what scenario is available currently ;).
Axerker wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Oh man, shows how little you know me. If anyone was ever an advocate for premade vs premade, it was me.
I lol'd a bit I admit, especially cuz at the beginning of this conversation he wrote ''yes, yes, YES!'' to my statement of separating pug vs premade's . But hey, people can change opinion , maybe not so quickly but who am I to judge! ;)
Last edited by Hardkoar on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.