Recent Topics

Ads

Scen Win breakdown

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Scen Win breakdown

Post#21 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm

What's with the condescending mug approach to people's feedback, mate?
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm

It can depend on what class youre playing what you experience. On dascores scstats from playing over 200 sc on low level des recently Ive seen 51% for des. 60% on healer classes.

Thats probably because if youre on a healer you dont get those no healer scenarios.

Noiree

Post#23 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 pm

groodawanderer wrote: Oh this data certainly does exist on the server, and can be obtained. Your opinion as to what people will do with the information is an excuse to not provide the information. The data exists, it can be obtained, and it should be provided. What is the problem here? It is what it is. Provide it.
You do realize that you'd have to have some bit of code in the server specifically tracking the scores? That doesn't happen automatically.

The only other option would be to trace back rp/meds gains IF they're not just a summed up number noted in the database (which they very likely are). Doubts that every rp/meds transaction is noted down to the T (-> slows down the database server).
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Draugris

Post#24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 pm

groodawanderer wrote: Oh this data certainly does exist on the server, and can be obtained. Your opinion as to what people will do with the information is an excuse to not provide the information. The data exists, it can be obtained, and it should be provided. What is the problem here? It is what it is. Provide it.
Are you a dev ? Have you seen the code ? No ? Then keep your assumptions with yourself.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Elemint

Post#25 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Your zeal is... admirable

Caffeine

Post#26 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm

groodawanderer wrote:Oh this data certainly does exist on the server, and can be obtained. Your opinion as to what people will do with the information is an excuse to not provide the information. The data exists, it can be obtained, and it should be provided. What is the problem here? It is what it is. Provide it.
This is correct and I second the request to provide the data.

I've already had this conversation with Azarael almost a year ago and he confirmed to me then that the scores are being recorded to help him tweak how sc mechanics work. Making this data public would open up a possibility for a community driven leaderboard.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Foltestik

Post#27 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 pm

i make you one "heretick" sugestion:
made a "normal" premade and you will win 85% of scenarios.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm

I dunno, making demands of private volunteers in this tone seems an excellent way to ensure your desires are literally never met.

Not to mention, these stats are contextual. What if Fusion are on destro and spamming scs one day, but on order the next? What if LoB are? What if, during NA time, Train Wreck and Montague arr spamming scs while Drow and BTC are in rvr, or vice versa? Could change day by day or week by week. Would need proper contextualization of the data before conducting analysis.

But I suspect you just want to be a prick.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:
But I suspect you just want to be a prick.

Pretty much what I gathered from his tone, too.

Caffeine made some good points, and it would be cool to have a ladder of sorts. Even if it ended up failing miserably, can at least say we tried, though I do not think the OP has asked in such a way that would encourage the devs to do so.

Telen
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I like the idea of ranking ladders for team and solo. Like they did in swtor that made pvp something people wanted to do. Would that take away focus from the rvr battle though is the question.