Recent Topics

Ads

Balance play T2 and above, possible...?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Balance play T2 and above, possible...?

Post#11 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Asherdoom wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
Otherber wrote:thats not the case of all.
With high aao you get almost more for a solo kill than then enemy faction players for locking the zone. You decide, when to attack. You can pick light defended flags. You have to stay mobile and don't defend flags, always keep moving and ambush the enemy. Don't face the zerg, because you can't win head on.
As underdog you get easier reward bags in t2-4 as well.
Making a group helps.

I don't speak about open warbands, where people hardly listen to leaders commands.
lol @this good luck killing someone alone vs a warband
Groups, not solo. You don't and shouldn't fight warbands, when you pick your fights. There are always options to find smaller numbers of enemies.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 pm

You mean for exemple make ORvR CRvR?

Asherdoom

Post#13 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Yaliskah wrote:You mean for exemple make ORvR CRvR?
if i understand his point of view, maybe he suggests placing some sort of "filter" for open RVR i guess. No idea lol

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 pm

What point of view you mean? I only stated, that it is not bad, when being underdog unlike the OP. :)
Dying is no option.

Britainnicus

Post#15 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

Sulorie wrote:What point of view you mean? I only stated, that it is not bad, when being underdog unlike the OP. :)
Being underdog sometimes is good. Being underdog 98% of the time not so good. Yes, it should be cRvR to force balance as the players have shown they clearly aren't going to do it. The hyperbole is still pushed that people chase aao however I keep seeing the xrealmers on the overpopulated side. The bonus to rr is nice but until the grossly overpopulated side is "punished", the chance for extra goodies doesnt matter if you cant kill them due to the numerical advantage. As RvR is somewhat based on the idea of supplies, it makes sense that you would be weakened by stretching your supply line too thin. I do see the diminshed resources debuff on Order but I have never seen it show for Destro, even when Order has had 200% aao (possible I have missed it but I do check aao on a regular basis). Perhaps its not visible to the opposing side? In any event, there should be a % debuff to ALL stats once you hit certain population advantages. Not sure why the system goes by 20s rather than a 25 base system, but 50% aao would make sense to me so would require discussion on whether 40% or 60% makes more sense. I know alot of people dont like the idea of capping oRvR but population imbalances were one of, if not the biggest, reason for the game's failure and closing.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 am

There are many reasons for population balance shifts, stop to see xrealming behind every corner.
People already blame xrealming, when their side suddenly has aao bonus, because in real their side wiped big time and respawned in wc.

Diminished rations debuff only happens, when you have too many people and too few BO.
Dying is no option.

Draugris

Post#17 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 am

x realming in this game is certainly a factor. Faction lockout for a certain time is not so easy to implement i guess and it is questionable if it would work at all in a game that is free. I don´t think there should be done something to adjust population balance. There will always be people who relog to the dominating faction and some who like to be the underdog. This is the nature of rvr games, just learn to adapt. if you are outnumbered aao is really lucrative and there will always be slackers to kill or a bo to take, just be quick and think ahead. i personally find it more fun to be outnumbered than to mindlessly zerg anything down.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Otherber

Post#18 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 am

Solo RVR is not a good ideal in general... I always get in average or good open WB's, heal and rez all around me including the Band that im involved with, wich sould and is the case of a lot out there. still, since level 30, SC and or RVR, i have slowly climbed one level of each to get to 31/40.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 pm

I've witnessed destro farming the living **** out of order in spite of being severely outnumbered, due to piss poor performance of the latter.

Being outnumbered does not mean playing against better, let alone organized opposition. There are plenty of destro 12mans during EU that nest their groups in pug warbands, leading them or setting up a 30m-1h funnel at keep sieges ... gaining more RR within said farm, than the entirety of order when a zone flips, let alone the AAO that turns every bag (but the few that are boosted by the bad luck prevention) into a white one.

In terms of both, bags and RR, playing with AAO > playing against it... you just gotta get organized. One of the most hilarious things you can do is setting up a makeshift oil squad with a Magus, a shaman for the morale pump and 1-2 sorcs (to have both channeled, ranged AoE) or the equivalent on order with one BW, one engi and an AM to pump morales - if you wanna be really fancy add a Slayer/Choppa for the M4 in the left tree - and just sit in a keep while your opposition is being funneld/the ram is deployed and rack up ungodly amounts of RR/meds.

Otherber

Post#20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 am

So when can i log in with my order toons to have just a bit of fun in RVR with nice war fougth, not being steamed roolled every 4 mins, regroup, re steamed this while having about all the tier cap by the same masses day after day... ( im Estern Time Canada, i play mornings and nights about every day)