Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher that can update? Tell me more!

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

New Launcher that can update? Tell me more!

Post#1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:17 am

It seems that like yesterday night the RoR Launcher connects to the Server and is capable of updating files. Or at least the headupmessage of the Connect Window.

Some lads forgot their password, or need to retrieve it, but that is not what I mean.
  • Is there some kind of official information on the Launcher?
    Will there be some planned updates soonTM?
    When will we get Dwarven Marshing Boots? :)

Ads
Xarko

Re: New Launcher that can update? Tell me more!

Post#2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 am

Is The One who was promised finally to arrive?!

Nabaro

Post#3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 am

All NB users are nervous
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 am

Max has started on the launcher, but these are small changes but changes towards the goal nontheless and also not something that should be swept under the rug either :D

But no these changes does not mean client control, but it is signs of us working on it.

Osred

Post#5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Its significant progress that needs celebrating though. Well done!
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Collateral

Post#6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Indeed it is. Here's to a bright future!

Tesq

Post#7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

/drink

oaliaen

Post#8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm

2018 will be a great year for ror ..

Ads
Vilhelmina

Post#9 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:11 am

Natherul wrote:Max has started on the launcher, but these are small changes but changes towards the goal nontheless and also not something that should be swept under the rug either :D

But no these changes does not mean client control, but it is signs of us working on it.
Would be nice to get a little info on what has changed, since I have ROR installed on a small SSD and my PC complained of running out of space on this SSD last night. But I keep nothing else on it, just ROR. So I deleted my cache folder, just in case. I'm wondering if there's been a change like the game keeping log files that might cause the installation folder to increase in size?
Or it could just be an add-on going haywire?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:40 am

Vilhelmina wrote:
Natherul wrote:Max has started on the launcher, but these are small changes but changes towards the goal nontheless and also not something that should be swept under the rug either :D

Would be nice to get a little info on what has changed, since I have ROR installed on a small SSD and my PC complained of running out of space on this SSD last night. But I keep nothing else on it, just ROR. So I deleted my cache folder, just in case. I'm wondering if there's been a change like the game keeping log files that might cause the installation folder to increase in size?
Or it could just be an add-on going haywire?
Max knows the details but very little was changed apart from the launcher exe itself afaik. And since I have had many versions on launchers on my system I cant remember but there should be a log in the main folder called something like ror or retirn of reckoning I think (if there is any issues)

EDIT:

So yeah sounds like something else to me (also have the game installed in a SSD)