Recent Topics

Ads

Latest patch and RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Latest patch and RvR

Post#1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Last check midtier numbered 437 and T4 123.

In merged RvR the main reasons to do rvr under 32, pre-patch was to farm gear for when you hit 40 and to level renown and exp due to SC's rarely popping at T2 and T3.

The wat you could farm genesis and subjugator gear from 16, let alone conq gear and medals was a borderline exploit. Even though I benefitted from this, I wholeheartedly welcome this change. My level 23 WH has full anni set and sub cloak in the bank! People could play the system and ignore ruin completely.

However reducing the exp and rr gain, this is more of an issue from a long term point of view. Even with bolster, there will now be little point to rvr and more incentive to just do SC's and pve on the renown greens then do rvr at 32.

The long term effect of reducing the number of participants in the merged rvr could be a problem.
Alea iacta est

Ads
JUNDIE

Re: Latest patch and RvR

Post#2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 am

I agree with this potentially reducing the lower bolstered players in RvR. But I have only had 1 non-white bag on my main. So maybe the "exploit" is coming from aao rolls? Or maybe I was just unlucky playing a healer and getting terrible contribution.

But I can see these changes making a drop in lower level participation, and more of a rush to PvE grind 40. It wouldnt change much overall. You would just see less variance in play (i.e. after t1 you just have to grind instead of mixing it up).

Ouiji

Post#3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:40 am

If only I had a main to fall back on. I'm new to the server and taking away the bonus for being in the zone for 4+ hours is a real slap in the face. I already go out knowing that any half decent real rank 40 is gonna have a massive advantage, but now I guess I'm expected to get farmed for hours to get nothing? If you wanna take away the old white bags and the 1 medallion, then fine, but tying your 'participation' to how much AOE damage you launched into the keep door punishes healers, single target dps, and pretty much anyone under at least rank 38. I joined with 6 other guys, we all wanted to level via PvP since renown rank is by far the more important and difficult to attain, and now that method seems not only unviable, but abusive and punishing for the top geared 40s enjoyment. We are not supposed to be fish in a barrel.

dansari

Post#4 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 am

Haven't played with it much but my understanding is that conq medallions are much easier to come by. White bags was better than what we had, this new system is better than white bags. Could be different for playing a lowbie as now I'm not sure how much sense it makes for a bolstered character to enter rvr if they're only getting Scout or Soldier medallions for the majority of their time, but for 40/41s it's much better.
<Salt Factory>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 am

The system is not working perfectly yet and as such you may have noticed we already hotfix once to address some issues. Expect more tuning to happen.

Foomy44

Post#6 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 am

dansari wrote:Haven't played with it much but my understanding is that conq medallions are much easier to come by. White bags was better than what we had, this new system is better than white bags. Could be different for playing a lowbie as now I'm not sure how much sense it makes for a bolstered character to enter rvr if they're only getting Scout or Soldier medallions for the majority of their time, but for 40/41s it's much better.
I believe the point OP is trying to make it there is a lot less incentive now for low level people to RvR. IMO increase exp rewards, easy fix and would make a lot of people happy. ATM mindlessly grinding mobs in PvE is a much quicker way to level, seems strange to me for a game with such a focus on PvP.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

dansari

Post#7 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:44 am

Foomy44 wrote:I believe the point OP is trying to make it there is a lot less incentive now for low level people to RvR. IMO increase exp rewards, easy fix and would make a lot of people happy. ATM mindlessly grinding mobs in PvE is a much quicker way to level, seems strange to me for a game with such a focus on PvP.
Sure, but also looks like they added extra xp for bolstered players.
<Salt Factory>

Foomy44

Post#8 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am

dansari wrote: Sure, but also looks like they added extra xp for bolstered players.
O nice didn't see that, was just going off what OP said about lowering the exp, no more low level toons for me thank god. Seems like the right direction to go.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:54 am

Aye after this post, changes where made to the exp gains. Which is good, lowbies shouldn't be getting bis gear but there needs to be an incentive to running around getting zerged by the 40's
Alea iacta est

netrepex

Post#10 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:19 pm

hi,

i have read the patchnotes, but cant read that very active players never become bags.
2. februar with bw barak var 3-4 std played ca 30k rp, no bag
3. februar northland with bw, okay ca 45 min but active, no bag
3. februar praag with bw 3 std. activ 30-40k rp no bag.

have i dont understand the patchnotes ?