Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for a class that is conducive to hand issues

Let's talk about... everything else
VisGrimoireIV

Looking for a class that is conducive to hand issues

Post#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi all,

First off, I want to say "hello" as this is my first post. I played AoR during its run and was bummed when it was canceled, especially as a Warhammer Fantasy, and now Age of Sigmar, fan. I just found out about RoR this week and immediately got to downloading it. It's super rad that I'm able to play a game that I so enjoyed yet assumed I'd never be able to play again, once more.

With that out of the way...

In recent years, I've come down with a bit of a hand/wrist condition that can cause quite a bit of pain when I game for long periods of time. I've since gotten a pretty good/ergonomic play-station setup, after literal years of trial and error, that allows me to play for longer periods of time without a ton of pain. MMOs in general are fairly easy on my hands, but only if I am strategic about the classes I play.

Thus, we come to my topic. I'm looking for an Order class that isn't super spammy on the keys and that has some downtime between spells/attacks. Typically casters are good choices due to long cast/induction times (think Aflliction 'Lock in WoW), but healers are usually okay as well, in addition to other "slower paced" classes that don't require a ton of frantic movement.

So, having said all of that, can you all give me some feedback on which classes you think may be best, given my circumstances?

TIA!
Last edited by VisGrimoireIV on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Shooshpanzerer

Re: Looking for a class that is conducive to hand issues

Post#2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Well the easy/obvious choice would be a Knight, because most of benefits are passive from auras.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Knight requires little inputs, you stand and are more useful than the other 2 tank choices.
If mobility is issue, maybe Engineer. Find a good spot and snipe people from 150+ distance away.
Other possibility maybe BW with NerfedButtons where you make a string and by pressing 1 button you end up doing 5-6 long spell cast sequence.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I guess the problem is the amount of hotkeys and not the actual pressing of hotkeys?

Healers could work (especially warrior priest), but I would suggest to not clicking the group members you want to heal and use hotkeys for targeting them instead. which means +5-6 hotkeys.

Knights of the Blazing Sun and Witch Hunter can be pretty decent while using only a few hotkeys/abilities. Maybe try them.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Knight or chosen and I would get nerf buttons addon so you don’t have to move the mouse to click or wrist finger movement in too many keys

Wam

Post#6 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Warrior priest is super spammy on keys

Knight is most fitting to your description... its more right time right place / positioning more than spam / many rotations (Swordmaster/Ironbreaker you should avoid)

Witch hunter or white lion is something to consider from mdps...

Maybe Rifle Snipe Engi also if you like backline caster type, but might be a bit too many binding

for healers, all healers are spammy if you are going OTT :) (hots out of party every GCD) Warrior priest is easiest to simplify and get most return... again its positioning and can tank a little... Rune priest is something else to consider but involves alot more kiting and spam to maximise but can also be fairly simplified to a decent level... avoid AM imo

Also Warrior priest lvl 20+ is alot different to early game (its alot of work early game/weak in comparison to other healers, its a late bloomer so don't get discouraged if thats your choice)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:31 pm

MMORPGs are generally input-heavy especially older ones. I think people above had great recommendations, but I will say my own suggestion here.

I have a similar problem, but to me it's still a mild issue, I noticed it early and I switched. I am now playing 90% of games with controller, even MMORPGs. It is very possible to setup a very good way of playing them and it solved my pain issues.

Recently I have purchased a steam controller and it allows me even more reliable even competitive ways of setting up a controller in any game. The options for steam controller are almost limiltless, I myself love it.
Last edited by Hazmy on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

oaliaen

Post#8 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 pm

I think you can play as WL whit Guardian tree ...

Ads
Foomy44

Post#9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Nerfed Buttons addon will help you out a lot, definitely check it out.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Manatikik

Post#10 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

With NB or a CastSequence you can play a WL with like 6ish keys and 95% of the server couldn't tell.

If it's not range of keys but repetition that causes you issues an Engi can be played long range with CastSequence with like 3ish keys. Or a Scout SW could work but you won't be as effective if you weren't a Scout SW.
<Montague><Capulet>