Recent Topics

Ads

Any reason to play Choppa over Mara?

Let's talk about... everything else
daniilpb

Re: Any reason to play Choppa over Mara?

Post#21 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 am

I love this ability.
Helps to get to a pug choppa and slaughter it.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#22 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am

My life in a nutshell
Spoiler:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:32 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am My life in a nutshell
Spoiler:
then im not the only one, gtdc is like BO that random root or punt, always using them at the incorrect time...

Fallenkezef

Post#24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Pro's and cons of gtdc aside, Mara just brings far more to the table than a choppa.

Sure high rr choppas with bis gear "can" be good but you cant judge game balance by the top percentage of maxed out players.
Alea iacta est

bichka

Post#25 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:43 am The mere fact that GTTC spreads cc immunity much like pointless engineer mines
they are not pointless with tactic for disorient and/or right placement (healers in backline)
there not so much CC which haven't immune - cooldown increasers lke shatter limbs or bad gas and disorient. Both is pretty good against healers and casters at all.

dansari

Post#26 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm Pro's and cons of gtdc aside, Mara just brings far more to the table than a choppa.

Sure high rr choppas with bis gear "can" be good but you cant judge game balance by the top percentage of maxed out players.
Basically the 'usefulness floor' is higher with Mara but I'd say the 'damage output ceiling' is higher with Choppa.
<Salt Factory>

Darks63

Post#27 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:51 pm

They are easier to play since you don't have to stance dance and easier to spec since they have less options.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Fallenkezef

Post#28 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:46 pm

dansari wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:26 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm Pro's and cons of gtdc aside, Mara just brings far more to the table than a choppa.

Basically the 'usefulness floor' is higher with Mara but I'd say the 'damage output ceiling' is higher with Choppa.
Aye, I ran order when Blacktoof clan where active and I faced thier SC premades. A good, supported, high renown Choppa will hit like a 120mm HESH round.

I will probably roll a Choppa when I've leveled my Mara farmer and my Chosen main gets to the "burnout" point in the renown grind because I miss my Slayer allot and it's playstyle.

I don't think people should be duscouraged from rolling Choppa but they need to go in eyes open.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Karast

Post#29 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:58 pm

You can say that but Mara have the armor ignore tactic and the big debuff.

Try being a Choppa without someone bringing a big armor debuff in the current armor tali meta. You just get mitigated into the ground even with high WS.

That doesn't even get into the whole dps spike usefulness of the wounds debuff on mara. Mara is this tight package of utility, survivability, and dps all in one. Where Choppa has a bit of dps, but no major utility, and the worst survivability of any Mdps. At least slayers are small and harder to target. Choppa is a big "hit me" sign.

If beastmaster ever becomes a thing its just gonna get worse.

Fallenkezef

Post#30 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Karast wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:58 pm

You can say that but Mara have the armor ignore tactic and the big debuff.

Try being a Choppa without someone bringing a big armor debuff in the current armor tali meta. You just get mitigated into the ground even with high WS.

That doesn't even get into the whole dps spike usefulness of the wounds debuff on mara. Mara is this tight package of utility, survivability, and dps all in one. Where Choppa has a bit of dps, but no major utility, and the worst survivability of any Mdps. At least slayers are small and harder to target. Choppa is a big "hit me" sign.

If beastmaster ever becomes a thing its just gonna get worse.
I think Beastmaster will stay as Torque's little bit on the side tbh. I can't say it'll be a good idea either. Desteo doesn't need a WL just some qol buffs for Choppa and some reworks to make it as useful to us as it's mirror is to Order.
Alea iacta est