Re: curiosity question

Post#2 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:57 pm

6man 2h
WB SNB

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Depends. I think Ironbreaker with 2h fills a more significant niche than snb Ironbreaker when in a small groip for scs/roaming: i.e. dps assist off-tank with armor debuff, parry buff, outgoing heal debuff, aoe snare, armor buff, crit buff, on demand kd.

Snb IB can be all the above and be super tanky, but does pretty low assist damage and has less reliable CC (requires block proc). However, its better for warband tanking cuz of Hold the Line.

Both are viable. I like 2h more but I play solo a lot and playing a shield tank solo is like watching paint dry.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Darosh
Banned

Post#4 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm Snb IB can be all the above and be super tanky, but does pretty low assist damage and has less reliable CC (requires block proc). However, its better for warband tanking cuz of Hold the Line.
Due to guarddamage the KD has a 90% uptime if your guardee is engaged, so thats not much of an issue.
But yes, the assist damage is lackluster ~ it's 'workable', but the gap towards 2h is certainly (very) noticeable as it frankly should be.

I fancy HtL quite alot for roaming, not just (very large scale) warband ORvR play.
But it's of little if any use in anything 'competitive' naturally - you lose assist damage with SnB and have simply no use for the skill (no one is running rdps comps outside pugfarm anyway - neither on live nor on RoR).

Unless you for some reason need the block to deal with guarddamage (can't imagine a situation where that'd be necessary in 6v6 or even 12v12, tho' I am by no means active whatsoever), 2h > SnB - the more people you engage and the bigger the scales, the more valuable SnB becomes. However, I'd argue that in pugparadise the lost assist damage is essentially negligble bar encounters between two otherwise min/max'd premades, and even then - I, again, am not actively engaged in 6v6, but... logic dictates - there likely won't be any clutch matches* decided by it.

I wish there was a second HtL covering mdps *cough*, not that it'd be broken to have such a thing (preferably ontop of stock HtL).
#clientcontrolwhen #dwarfmasterrace

*In the current state of RoR's 'competitive scene'.