Post#21 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am

Play lolspec/rdps class
Don't bother grouping up with people to support your not-quite-so-good spec
Queue for scenario required for event where premades are allowed
Get rekt
Go whine
No profit
:D

not aiming it at anyone in particular but it's the behaviour I have seen way too much, both on forums and chats in game
Spoiler:

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: College of Corruption.

Post#22 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:49 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 am is it possible to add light reflection effects?
not sure the exact word.
like candle light reflecting on the walls.
it'll make amazing scenery with all the fires.
Map are done with world builder , so we need patcher to fix the map
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Banjomissen

Post#23 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:03 pm

szejoza wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am Play lolspec/rdps class
Don't bother grouping up with people to support your not-quite-so-good spec
Queue for scenario required for event where premades are allowed
Get rekt
Go whine
No profit
:D

not aiming it at anyone in particular but it's the behaviour I have seen way too much, both on forums and chats in game
I like ranged dps is compared to a "lolspec". Are you saying that if you chose to play a ranged DPS it's your own fault that you lose all the time? Sounds more like a game design flaw than a user problem.

I like CoC - in a 5 - 6man group. When I group it's usually an odd-comp so odds of winning aren't that high esp. when you have the same premades queue all day with their perfect lineup.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Some maps are more tailored to rdps (Phoenix Gate, Battle for Praag, BFB), while others are meleecentric.

What's the issue? You can still dominate the scenario with a rdps, as we have been with Korze on sorc. Just find people to support you.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banjomissen

Post#25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Not sure sure if I agree with you about the mentioned scenarios being rdps friendly but that's a discussion for another time.

Find the right players to support you and everything can work. That's not what being debated here.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:17 pm

You decide to bring a ranged dps to a meleecentric map then that just simply means it's going to be tougher to win. Not impossible. That seems to me what was being discussed ,I e. ranged are useless in CoC?

Banjomissen

Post#27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm

That was what I questioned about szejoza's post. Meleecentric SCs - should things be changed (like in Praag with all the barriers: Seems like something for the melees...?) so that SC's are balanced towards both ranged and melee?

Might be abit off-topic now... Mods?

Martok

Post#28 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Banjomissen wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm...should things be changed (like in Praag with all the barriers: Seems like something for the melees...?) so that SC's are balanced towards both ranged and melee?

No. Each scenario is meant to be unique in regard to construct, thus requiring players to adapt to the mechanics of each scenario. Any amorphous tinkering on the SC maps would only serve to render the entire concept boring.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Banjomissen

Post#29 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Alright, I see your point.

szejoza

Post#30 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Pete and Martok answered it well, I've got nothing to add
Spoiler: