Recent Topics

Ads

What will bring me the New Launcher when it will work for everyone?

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

What will bring me the New Launcher when it will work for everyone?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:01 am

As there is some negative waves on the New Launcher not working Thread like:

Why you put up this bad launcher?
Why not use the old?
Why you alienate all the players that want to play?
Why haven't you tested it more on devserver?

You need to ask yourself instead: What it will bring me the New Launcher when it will work for everyone?

The New Launcher is the first step into Client Controll.
With Client Controll the Devs can put icons on items that are on the Server and in your client but can't be used nowadays.

Nurgle Choosen Armour.
High Elf full Plate Armour.
Crossbows for Dwarfs.
Hammerer outfits.
Greatswords outfits.
Plain Full Imperial Plate Armor to make a Reiksguard Knight.
Night Goblin Outfits.
Pretty much every Item in the whole Cosmetic Gear Thread.
Dwarf Marching Boots.
New Skills and Abilities that were in earlier builds on AoR but are currently deactivated.

Of course not all these Items will get into the game. Some will be NPC exclusive, some will be buyable, some will be from Events. But there will be the opportunity!

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: What will bring me the New Launcher when it will work for everyone?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 am

I dunno what all the fuss is. I read the patch notes so straight after he first download I launched ROR, quit out and restarted the launcher. It downloaded more stuff like the notes said then worked perfectly.
Alea iacta est

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 am

and just to add to this, it has been tested for a while on our dev enviroment with very few issues. So the way forward is to push it to everyone for mass testing.

Most issues are now either resolved or have known workarounds as we continue forward. And as for why not use the old one, if new items or changes in client is coming then we need to enfrce that everyone have those changes, meaning the old one will be discontinued and wont work later (hence why there is no real change in client yet even though the patcher is in place).

Oh and its not just items that can be changed, we are talking tooltips, titles and much more as well.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 am

In fact this launcher and its issues is EXACTLY the same thing you experience witg server since years :).

As a reminder, and as writen here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17214, nothing new under the sun. Some part of the dev are more visible than some other.

Atleast now you know what "ALPHA PHASE" means (if you forgot) :p.

Now this annoying part will be a very important step forward in the project and we thank you for your patience. Cause when fully solved and deployed we will be able to :

-Add content
-Work easily on many part of the project
-Introduce soft reamlock
-Break (eventualy) conditionnal addons
-Create new content
-Make exchange client/server more fluent

Ashlar046

Post#5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am

At the beginning it took me several hours thanks to the new launcher to enter again in the game, but when i did it the game textures seems better, minor details like when Louis in Interview with a Vampire awaken to the undead state. Some shinning in the eyes of my wolf, more details in my mask, green skins seem greener,shields more bulky, dark elfs skin smoother, better clipping, but I think nah, you're imagining things.

Then I went to open rvr in t3 and t4 and everything blast. New animations, the buffs now appear almost holographic, the explosions and effects when a firearm is used are more clear, sigils in the floor when spells are casts,the magus daemons ared trapped in clear circles of power, sorcer cast now impressive walls of ice, little details that maybe were already there and I never notice it before, or perhaps entirely new. It was terrific to see everything, and if that is a sample of what it could be done with the new launcher and client control I cannot more than thank you and salute you.

It's a terrific work, and i'm was so impressed that the mayority of deaths that day that i suffered was because i was taking screenshots or observing some texture details.

Keep that good work, and thanks :) :) :)

marisco

Post#6 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 am

Ashlar046 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am Then I went to open rvr in t3 and t4 and everything blast. New animations, the buffs now appear almost holographic, the explosions and effects when a firearm is used are more clear, sigils in the floor when spells are casts,the magus daemons ared trapped in clear circles of power, sorcer cast now impressive walls of ice, little details that maybe were already there and I never notice it before, or perhaps entirely new. It was terrific to see everything, and if that is a sample of what it could be done with the new launcher and client control I cannot more than thank you and salute you.
Well, sorry but this is nothing new. You could always make your game show other people spells or not. Your game was probably configured to show only yours. Same thing with animations and effects.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 am

indeed, nothing new has been pushed yet, because we want to make sure that the new patcher is deployed to everyone before we make any changes as everyone needs the same changes. Though its wonderful that you experianced more then you previously did.

Spacecraft

Post#8 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:20 pm

I finally got the patcher to work. As well but a lot of my add-ons were not working is there a list of add-ons that are not compatible or do I need to re download them and see for my self.(this includes square map add-on and mail and bag management addons.) Really just quality of life addons.

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Spacecraft wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:20 pm I finally got the patcher to work. As well but a lot of my add-ons were not working is there a list of add-ons that are not compatible or do I need to re download them and see for my self.(this includes square map add-on and mail and bag management addons.) Really just quality of life addons.
As Natherul said. No Changes so far. Relog and everything should be fine.
When I first got in Bag was empty and friend list empty.
After Relog all good.

DarkDeadly

Post#10 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm

anyone else cant login. When ever it downloads to 100% error message comes up.
Always the same cycle of me downloading to 100% and then error?