Recent Topics

Ads

Questions regarding future of RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
mogt

Re: Questions regarding future of RoR

Post#81 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 pm

guys came down, the lvlinng is here very fast, this game is not just a pvp game, is a combination between pve and pvp , x % players love pve and the others love pvp or the combinatiom from bith, the problem, is the peopel, dont want waste toime for lvling, what was that 200 % or 300 % exp you get , quests in your race pairings and killing quest mobs, the pve areas are so beautiful. this game is NOT 100 % PVP. and the gear problem, is not to high you doing the dungeon, yeah that is pve, stop crying, the lvling is fast enough-

Ads
dansari

Post#82 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm That being said havent had opportunity yet to test out recent exp changes.
I would check it out. It's pretty nice. Hopped on a lowbie IB and solo'd a few quests in Badlands.. think I got a level in 20min while rested.
<Salt Factory>

kweedko

Post#83 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:18 am

mogt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 pm guys came down, the lvlinng is here very fast, this game is not just a pvp game, is a combination between pve and pvp , x % players love pve and the others love pvp or the combinatiom from bith, the problem, is the peopel, dont want waste toime for lvling, what was that 200 % or 300 % exp you get , quests in your race pairings and killing quest mobs, the pve areas are so beautiful. this game is NOT 100 % PVP. and the gear problem, is not to high you doing the dungeon, yeah that is pve, stop crying, the lvling is fast enough-
There is only one issue with lvling for me, that is in t2-t3 the is almost no SC poping. So you stuck with quest farming or rvr zerging with bigboys :(.(maybe for t2-t3 we can get a 3 vs 3(2 vs 2) or even 1 vs 1 SC?)

Nidwin

Post#84 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am

Let's fix this now, will you
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm As much as possible so me and everyone else can focus on pvp and pvp alone full time.
You do not write/speak for me or everyone else, mind you Gravord. And everyone else, including me, focus on how and what we want to play and that's not pvp alone full time in our book, me thinks.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm Wasting playerbase on mindless grind pve to get better chances at pvp is a waste of time, resources and motivation that should not be wasted. In my belief proper WAR pvp start at lvl 1 and continues till you die of old age and any time spend in pve apart of getting little bit of farm for pots/talis is a time not well spend. Nobody sane plays this game to do 50 pq's for his set to start fight on somewhat equal footing, everyone here is for the blood of other players :)
Some of us do enjoy what you call "mindless grind PVE" and we don't consider that a waste of our time. War sPvP/RvR can start at lvl1 or not, but I hope the game will belong to the past before I die of old age. And you're insulting your fellow RoR players who actually don't mind or even enjoy doing 50 pq's to get a set they were looking to acquire. Imagine your fellow RoR players who, because you know sometimes it does itch, you just super insulted who did or will do hundreds of PQ's to get all the PVE sets and unlocks.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm From my guild perspective we lost quite a lot of ppl, solid live server veterans, because of this. They arrived, they played every single day, they hit some mid lvl 20 early 30 at best after 2 weeks and they decide its not worth it. They are here for pvp and pvp with chances, not being lvl 20 vs lvl 40's full geared.
And they quit after 2 weeks, those solid live server veterans. They're not here as they quit after 2 weeks as for wanting equal PvP after two weeks vs folks having spent months or Years, no kidding brother.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm Fact somebody started play earlier shouldnt put him on such massive level and gear difference and bolster aint gonna compensate for that. New player need in reasonable time be able to hit max level (not talking about rr gain here, just normal level and exp) so he start get chances for proper bag rolls.
Bolstered to lvl 48 fo sub lvl 31 ain't going to compensate brah?
I <3 the sub lvl 31 buffs because they're bolstered to lvl 48 you know, no you clearly don't.
The strongest heals you can get are actually from bolstered lvl 48 toons, because of the lvl 48 bolster, you know, may be not.
The dps gets a big hit when you go from lvl 48 bolster to lvl 40 normal T4 bolster as does your def.
The only things that the bolster doesn't compensate for are progression (renown ranks, mastery points and new skills), potions, the actual endgame mount, and higher level gear to be worn. That's also why the bolster to lvl48 is fine, in my book at least. As for the bags, it seems to me you and your ex solid live server veterans think like that Queen song "I want it all, and I want it now".
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm That being said havent had opportunity yet to test out recent exp changes.
Then why asking if there are any plans for xp boost while not having tried the new changes?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Gravord

Post#85 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am

Nidwin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am Let's fix this now, will you
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm As much as possible so me and everyone else can focus on pvp and pvp alone full time.
You do not write/speak for me or everyone else, mind you Gravord. And everyone else, including me, focus on how and what we want to play and that's not pvp alone full time in our book, me thinks.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm Wasting playerbase on mindless grind pve to get better chances at pvp is a waste of time, resources and motivation that should not be wasted. In my belief proper WAR pvp start at lvl 1 and continues till you die of old age and any time spend in pve apart of getting little bit of farm for pots/talis is a time not well spend. Nobody sane plays this game to do 50 pq's for his set to start fight on somewhat equal footing, everyone here is for the blood of other players :)
Some of us do enjoy what you call "mindless grind PVE" and we don't consider that a waste of our time. War sPvP/RvR can start at lvl1 or not, but I hope the game will belong to the past before I die of old age. And you're insulting your fellow RoR players who actually don't mind or even enjoy doing 50 pq's to get a set they were looking to acquire. Imagine your fellow RoR players who, because you know sometimes it does itch, you just super insulted who did or will do hundreds of PQ's to get all the PVE sets and unlocks.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm From my guild perspective we lost quite a lot of ppl, solid live server veterans, because of this. They arrived, they played every single day, they hit some mid lvl 20 early 30 at best after 2 weeks and they decide its not worth it. They are here for pvp and pvp with chances, not being lvl 20 vs lvl 40's full geared.
And they quit after 2 weeks, those solid live server veterans. They're not here as they quit after 2 weeks as for wanting equal PvP after two weeks vs folks having spent months or Years, no kidding brother.
Gravord wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm Fact somebody started play earlier shouldnt put him on such massive level and gear difference and bolster aint gonna compensate for that. New player need in reasonable time be able to hit max level (not talking about rr gain here, just normal level and exp) so he start get chances for proper bag rolls.
Bolstered to lvl 48 fo sub lvl 31 ain't going to compensate brah?
I <3 the sub lvl 31 buffs because they're bolstered to lvl 48 you know, no you clearly don't.
The strongest heals you can get are actually from bolstered lvl 48 toons, because of the lvl 48 bolster, you know, may be not.
The dps gets a big hit when you go from lvl 48 bolster to lvl 40 normal T4 bolster as does your def.
The only things that the bolster doesn't compensate for are progression (renown ranks, mastery points and new skills), potions, the actual endgame mount, and higher level gear to be worn. That's also why the bolster to lvl48 is fine, in my book at least. As for the bags, it seems to me you and your ex solid live server veterans think like that Queen song "I want it all, and I want it now".
Then why asking if there are any plans for xp boost while not having tried the new changes?
Did i said everyone grinding pq is mindless monkey at any point? If someone likes it - go ahead and have fun. But dont force ppl to do it. Many ppl here done all that on live (myself ive done ALL the quests from chapter 1 to 22 in all destro zones, all pq sets, most achivs apart of clearly insane and impossible to obtain like 100k Bloodthirster kills), leveled multiple toons on live to max rr aswell. This is NOT a new game for 99% of the population. Ofc staff here cant just start when real WAR ended and continue from there, but forcing to repeat even slower grind of basic levels than it was on live is counterproductive. Manpower is limited, now more than ever with peak of 600 players at EU prime time. Any person grinding levels or gear to feel he have a chance in fight is another loss for rvr and sc which should always be priority.

As for bolster, pleaseeee. Bit higher tooltip values wont cover for lack of abilities, morales and rr. And 36 or so to 39 gets close to no buff at all while still dealing with maxed out chars.

Regarding me insulting players doing pve you should read my post again. You quote me but completelly miss what i said which feels odd.

darkhosis

Post#86 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:55 am

Gravord wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:28 pm 4. Are there any further plans to make leveling faster, so that new players and alts can participate in proper end game combat sooner?
this needs to be done. not with regular level, but with realm rank.

don't care about alts, but for new players, yes.

such as viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27683&p=313436

that got largely ignored & shut down with the quickness. i guess at least one person agreed
What I find silly is, you all enjoyed 3x xp rates during event, which lasted about a week.
i didn't have time to play for this week. was it 3x renown? thought it was 2x. well, tbh, haven't played much in couple months.

i do not see the problem with using player activity and calculating median rr based off of this and then adjusting exp required for rr. you set the baseline to some 5-10 below.

Alsayr

Post#87 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:49 pm No.
Yes.
No.
Definitely not.
No.
short and quick :-D
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Alsayr

Post#88 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Leveling is easy now. Think about 250RR ;-).
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
dansari

Post#89 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am As for bolster, pleaseeee. Bit higher tooltip values wont cover for lack of abilities, morales and rr.
Is that why I solo'd a rank 75+ Choppa on my 21 Slayer? He had a 10% wounds debuff, to be fair xD
<Salt Factory>

Gravord

Post#90 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:44 am

dansari wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 pm
Gravord wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am As for bolster, pleaseeee. Bit higher tooltip values wont cover for lack of abilities, morales and rr.
Is that why I solo'd a rank 75+ Choppa on my 21 Slayer? He had a 10% wounds debuff, to be fair xD
Killing afk ppl doesnt count ;)