Recent Topics

Ads

@ Devs

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: @ Devs

Post#41 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:13 am

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:29 am Of course the game will continue. Nothing will change though. The majority of the remaining player base consists of casuals oblivious to the corruption and abuse, as most of the dedicated players that wanted to see this game thrive have already move on- to what? Who knows.
I wouldn't be surprised if "someone" reverted the majority of azarael's changes that attempted to balance things out.
It is what it is.
That is what I'm waiting to see. Not played much, getting married on Saturday so have other priorities.

If they revert aza's changes then I'll walk away, if they keep the spirit of aza's work then the game is worth playing going forward.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#42 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am

drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 am Their game, their vision, their house, their rules.
Ahhh how things have changed since the original vision given out.

tazdingo

Post#43 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:48 am

i have been a relatively well known mod developer for almost the past decade. i fully understand how sapping it is to deal with relentless ingratitude and borderline hostility on a daily basis. you know that the majority of people are enjoying your work, otherwise nobody would be bothering with you at all, but the negative people with their comments and emails reeking of sheer entitlement are always the loudest. always. nobody pops in just to say that everything is a-ok

regardless of what people had to say in that thread, whether they had valid points or not, the tone is simply unnecessary. i understand that english is not the first language of many people on this server and that can make people come across a little differently than they intend - you get a pass for that, but you don't get a pass for unrelenting harassment of specific devs or just coming across as straight bitchy simply because you cannot control your emotions

i don't answer emails anymore. if this was my project i would've gone nuclear a long time ago so i praise the devs for their patience. stop taking sides in ambiguous conflicts when dragging them out benefits absolutely nobody. go level a magus or something, rifting is fun

Zealote

Post#44 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 am

tazdingo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:48 am <snip> when dragging [conflicts] out benefits absolutely nobody. <snip>

Agreed, in this instance at least. Better to vote with your feet.
Aetir

sioding
Game Master

Post#45 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am

From the first post to this - i would call it a derailed thread deluxe
Last edited by sioding on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

drmordread
Suspended

Post#46 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am
drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 am Their game, their vision, their house, their rules.

I do not disagree with that statement at all. But, not my house. And in a way it is kind of ok. Because if they had gone with just that original vision, I would be playing 24/7 again. As is, I come on, and the longest I play for is 3 to 4 hours a day and even skip days. (though in all honesty I spent 9 hrs yesterday leveling up a dps WP. I need to play an mdps class other than my WH, and since the WL was castrated, declawed and made useless in PUG sc's ... the dps WP is only option).
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

catholicism198

Post#47 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:44 pm

sioding wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am From the first post to this - i would call it a derailed thread deluxe
You have to take into account the date the thread was created and the events that occurred.
The perception shifted. Even for the OP.
drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am
Telen wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am

I do not disagree with that statement at all. But, not my house. And in a way it is kind of ok. Because if they had gone with just that original vision, I would be playing 24/7 again. As is, I come on, and the longest I play for is 3 to 4 hours a day and even skip days. (though in all honesty I spent 9 hrs yesterday leveling up a dps WP. I need to play an mdps class other than my WH, and since the WL was castrated, declawed and made useless in PUG sc's ... the dps WP is only option).
and here I thought you said you didn't like playing ez-mode classes. Hmmmmmmm.
RE: I don't play destro because they feel like ez-mode

Hugatsaga

Post#48 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:48 pm

OP seconded. I'm aware that this thread was started before recent drama ...that doesnt matter to me.

So far I've had tons of fun playing this game. Also had great time meeting old friends and enemies from live and meeting new awesome people here. For that I'm very grateful and I appreciate all the work you guys do. This goes for everyone: Yali, Max, Torq, Wargrim, Aza, Nath, Nalgol etc... everyone who has worked for this project.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#49 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:57 pm

drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am (though in all honesty I spent 9 hrs yesterday leveling up a dps WP. I need to play an mdps class other than my WH, and since the WL was castrated, declawed and made useless in PUG sc's ... the dps WP is only option).
With all due respect: swapping WL for a DPS WP in the hopes of being useful in any environment (let alone pug sc) is a crazy thing to do. WL is fine; it just isn't a solo powerhouse anymore - which is perfectly fine in a group+ game.

Fallenkezef

Post#50 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:57 pm
drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am (though in all honesty I spent 9 hrs yesterday leveling up a dps WP. I need to play an mdps class other than my WH, and since the WL was castrated, declawed and made useless in PUG sc's ... the dps WP is only option).
With all due respect: swapping WL for a DPS WP in the hopes of being useful in any environment (let alone pug sc) is a crazy thing to do. WL is fine; it just isn't a solo powerhouse anymore - which is perfectly fine in a group+ game.
Till Torque reverts it in Saturday 😛
Alea iacta est