Recent Topics

Ads

why we can't level up fast

Let's talk about... everything else
Vandinar

Re: why we can't level up fast

Post#21 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm

The system as is is perfectly fine. Prior to the exp changes you could go through 3 chapter camps in T4 and not even get 1 level while now you can pretty much stay exclusive to your own racial pairing throughout T4 without horrendously outpacing it like trying to do late-Praag as a 31.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Leveling is fast, the only problem I see is that it could punish people being grouped. Which doesnt bother me personally.

I could be mistaken but it doesnt seem like you get the bonus xp for killing quest npcs if you are in a group.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm
Vandinar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am You can literally get to 40 in 2-3 days by PvE questing.
Maybe in total time played, but questing overall is just as slow if not slower than mob grinding.
It feels pretty smooth during the early levels but then when you hit 31..........

And like most of the crap that comes out of your mouth on this forum, this is just wrong. But all you do is stir up crap with your other buddies so par for the course.

Grinding mobs is not faster.

Do quests in your factions pairing. If you are having trouble doing quests then it simply comes down to your lack of ability to understand and complete them... tho im not surprised if that is the case considering the lack of intelligence you have displayed on these forums over the years.

Also this thread smells fishy... is see the drama squad has already hijacked it.

Sad.

OP fyi you dont need a full group for sewers. Get 1 or 2 40s and you should be good.

Ohh and this game is not 95% pvp, maybe for you because that is all YOU do, but its simply not the case. Feel free to argue and call me names... as i know most of you will do.

Side note... someone advertising another server in this thread :lol: really? You children are just that... children

saupreusse
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am The same down-rank mechanic used in the new city instances could maybe used on a individual basis to rank down a e.g. r40 to the rank of an apprentice to play together in lowlvl zones. The opposite way, increase apprentice rank to 40, would be the wrong decision IMO, because you can skip low lvl pve zones.
this sounds like a wonderful idea to me. however i have the feeling it will also take quite some developer time.

jonspidy

Post#25 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:55 pm

I've said it time and time again on multiple posts like this one..
Easiest solution is to add the XP book pocket item that way players who want to level quickly can, and those who don't, have the option to progress slower.

I personally have an issue with how slow the leveling is, i convinced like 4 of my friends to play and after about 2 days (couple hours each day) they quit because of how slow the grind was. Which is a shame because i love this game and want my friends to enjoy it, and not just my friends but new players as well.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am The same down-rank mechanic used in the new city instances could maybe used on a individual basis to rank down a e.g. r40 to the rank of an apprentice to play together in lowlvl zones. The opposite way, increase apprentice rank to 40, would be the wrong decision IMO, because you can skip low lvl pve zones.
this sounds like a wonderful idea to me. however i have the feeling it will also take quite some developer time.

Not really, I am thinking about something like that currently.

TanithScout

Post#27 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

You quest solo. You aoegrind in a party. The game is quite unforgiving of players lvling together unless they know what theyre doing, so not new players.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

neupWAR

Post#28 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:50 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm Leveling is fast, the only problem I see is that it could punish people being grouped. Which doesnt bother me personally.

I could be mistaken but it doesnt seem like you get the bonus xp for killing quest npcs if you are in a group.
You are correct. The group leader does not get the bonus exp on killing quest mobs. It may not seem like a big deal but testing it out since the bonus exp was brought in the leader falls behind by at least 2 lvl's from 31 to 40 if you don't rotate leader. So, with having to rotate group leadership to let friends catch up slows the whole group leveling.

Ads
berneke91

Post#29 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

its an MMORPG. Leveling is quite a big part of it. And lets be frank, it doesnt take that much of an effort ot lvl up.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

catholicism198

Post#30 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm
Vandinar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am You can literally get to 40 in 2-3 days by PvE questing.
Maybe in total time played, but questing overall is just as slow if not slower than mob grinding.
It feels pretty smooth during the early levels but then when you hit 31..........

And like most of the crap that comes out of your mouth on this forum, this is just wrong. But all you do is stir up crap with your other buddies so par for the course.

Grinding mobs is not faster.

Do quests in your factions pairing. If you are having trouble doing quests then it simply comes down to your lack of ability to understand and complete them... tho im not surprised if that is the case considering the lack of intelligence you have displayed on these forums over the years.

Also this thread smells fishy... is see the drama squad has already hijacked it.

Sad.

OP fyi you dont need a full group for sewers. Get 1 or 2 40s and you should be good.

Ohh and this game is not 95% pvp, maybe for you because that is all YOU do, but its simply not the case. Feel free to argue and call me names... as i know most of you will do.

Side note... someone advertising another server in this thread :lol: really? You children are just that... children
wtf are you talking about? I have no buddies here. What I do have is experience leveling toons pre-nerfs- during nerfs- and post-nerfs- with mob grinding and quest grinding.

How many hours a day do you think he'd have to play to hit 40 in 2-3 days?

..and the only reason why exp from quests was boosted in the first place was because all my "buddies" and I do "is stir up crap."
Voicing your concerns, which is what several of us have been doing, is not the same as "stirring up crap."

Were you that guy that was qqing because his renown to xp ration calculations were way off?

Yes, they're the children. After all, they're the ones spewing out petty insults. Wait- that's you.