Recent Topics

Ads

why we can't level up fast

Let's talk about... everything else
Nameless

Re: why we can't level up fast

Post#31 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Insta 40 lvl char should be no-no imo. But abit faster lvling from killing ppl at orvr and sc it is pretty logical move. Just alow fast leveling at orvr/sc for ppl that want it. The pocket item that increase exp for killing assisting is pretty good idea
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#32 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm

I don't think power leveling exp is good advice for "newbies" on this server. At the end of the day its all about renown rank, that is your true level. It is not good to be 40/25 or 40/30. If you want to do constructive power leveling then help your bolstered rank 20 guildies in orvr. Getting their renown rank to 35 plus before they hit 31 is huge. Ranged classes have it a little easier because they can do dmg and avoid getting hit but w/o renown rank 40 avoidance points from deft defender, reflexes. and FS, being melee is terrible. I spend most of my time on my sub rr 35-40 alts trying to avoid exp.

Also, to the OP, if you want people to take your seriously, try being less rude to the devs. There is a difference between a well stated suggestion and yelling at them in all caps. Keep calm and understand everyone's definition of "fast" is not the same.

To the devs. Leveling exp is very easy now for solo (which is where my experience is, can't say I've exp'd leveled with a grp, never had the need for it). Especially with the racial pairing boost for quests. That was a nice moderate change that gave people a way to boost exp when they want it.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

ravenlocke

Post#33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm

IMO the exp gained from orvr kills needs to be increased dramatically (500% - 1000%). The game mode the devs are pushing for is zerg orvr...the problem is that if I am in a WB that wipes another WB I might get 4-10k experience.

I get 6k experience non rested per quest mob, 12k with rested.

The risk/reward is just not there. IMO it would be great if each kill netted you 1% of your level...then you require 100 kills per level or 4000 kills to get level 40. I think that is a sufficient number of kills to learn your character plus it really incentivizes killing as opposed to BO standing.

Also, everyone that says your RR is more important than your R is just flat out wrong. Additional skills and tactic slots are far more important than RR. I think people just say that to make themselves feel better about how slow leveling in orvr currently is.

I have numerous classes I would like to play between 16 and 35...I just cant take how slow leveling in orvr is, SCs don't pop in t2-t3, and pve is like slamming my face into the wall.

Kright 71 DOK

saupreusse
Developer

Post#34 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm

I want to point out that hargrim already mentioned a rather big change in here. this way the current xp nerf when being grouped with higher level chars could be removed completely opening much more possibilities to leveling with your guildies/friends.

Gangan

Post#35 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 pm

neupWAR wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:50 pm
adamthelc wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm Leveling is fast, the only problem I see is that it could punish people being grouped. Which doesnt bother me personally.

I could be mistaken but it doesnt seem like you get the bonus xp for killing quest npcs if you are in a group.
You are correct. The group leader does not get the bonus exp on killing quest mobs. It may not seem like a big deal but testing it out since the bonus exp was brought in the leader falls behind by at least 2 lvl's from 31 to 40 if you don't rotate leader. So, with having to rotate group leadership to let friends catch up slows the whole group leveling.
Don't think it's intended this way. Are there bugreports about it? If not, try posting one.^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Dajciekrwi

Post#36 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 pm

zgolec wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 am Yeh... Bags for rvr are designed for 40s as well... anything below is totally useless. But still lvling up is nerfed and nerfed over and over. Farm sites being sent to oblivion, level diff xp cap and so on.

Also argument about lowbie dungeons when whole game is based on 95% pvp endgame stuff and everyone try to reach there asap is kinda invalid...

Grobbok wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am why you forced ppl to play stupid, boring, long dungeon,
and for dungeon you need full party
He just needs help with epic quest in t3, is it so big problem for you to let 40lv help doing quests?
I see that you still can't see problems, still insist on yours
WHY we can't play with low levels? why it is so a big problem for you
do you think ppl will leave game if they hit 40lv? or if they get full gear? if yes, you are so wrong, pity
Grobbok is right.
Grobbok ahve right, these dungeons do not teach how acti on rvr battlefield on scenarios. Dungi should be for fun and to let chill time with beers and friends.

Palitelj

Post#37 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Leveling is fine, I just started lvl shamy throughout pve and pvp. Atm I am lvl 23 and pops in t2/t3 are quiet frequent in eu primetime. I dont think exp need boost or something like that it is all how you spend your time. If you are spending time in rvr by just get farmed by opossite side then you will not lvl but if you spend time with good group doing something usefull (rvr, pve, scs) then you will lvl fast and also you will not notoce that. Play for fun not for lvls and appperantly you will get to point you are r40. At the end it is all about group you playing with.

neupWAR

Post#38 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Gangan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 pm
neupWAR wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:50 pm
adamthelc wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm Leveling is fast, the only problem I see is that it could punish people being grouped. Which doesnt bother me personally.

I could be mistaken but it doesnt seem like you get the bonus xp for killing quest npcs if you are in a group.
You are correct. The group leader does not get the bonus exp on killing quest mobs. It may not seem like a big deal but testing it out since the bonus exp was brought in the leader falls behind by at least 2 lvl's from 31 to 40 if you don't rotate leader. So, with having to rotate group leadership to let friends catch up slows the whole group leveling.
Don't think it's intended this way. Are there bugreports about it? If not, try posting one.^^
There is a bug report that was made when that patch released... ~ 6 weeks ago. So, I don't need to make another report.

Ads
bichka

Post#39 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 pm

this game is about rr, not pve rank which can be done in few days.
and it's not pvp, it's rvr. pvp allows to kill anyone, rvr - only opposite faction.

Fey

Post#40 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:44 pm

I've said it before, go play DaoC for an hour and you'll know about real grinding. Leveling in war is stupid easy, especially with mechanics like bolster.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan